\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Electric cars are neat until the battery pack goes bad and runs you 20k minimum to replace
Data is indicating that after 100K miles, Tesla Model 3s driven in less than ideal conditions (charging up to 100% for for frequent road trips, fast charging, track days) results in about a 11%-14% loss in range. I haven’t heard of frequent battery replacements, but comprobable ICE cars that have the accelerative abilities of the Dual Motor Teslas in particular are very expensive to maintain, and have DCT/DSG/oil changes/brake pad/etc maintenance.

Another observation is after track days when I talk to Porsche/Chevy/Ford guys who are doing fluid and tire replacements after track weekends-I only need a wash and tires after such activities. Maybe a compelling financial case vs the seemingly more rare battery failure you’ve described, especially in this inflationary oil climate IMHO.

Last edited:
Saw this in the neighborhood today. Not gonna lie it's sittin real pretty. Killer combo with the blue & silver wheels. 2 door=🔥
20220409_162529.jpg
20220409_162510.jpg
20220409_162505.jpg

I keep forgetting theres a GT4 in my garage in silver that ive wanted to snap a pic of. I think its a doctor that leaves it for the day but man does it look nice. Maybe a 2016 model.

In route to hand wash joint, then car meet, then 50th anniversary party for the in laws. Brought the natty and 85s out. Pre wash pic. Pretty confident it’s one the best looking nattys in Htown.

Side note
Test drove the only w I4 (M50) in the city yesterday. It’s actually gonna be the the launch car. Tesla has real comp. Handles like a traditional bimmer. Very fun drive and absolute 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Looking forward to the i7. Salesman said the ix is as big as x5, which was a bit surprising bc pics sure make it look small.

Bless up fellas!

Attachments

• D65FFA28-DF36-46EA-B54E-6AB0EE8D2926.jpeg
    D65FFA28-DF36-46EA-B54E-6AB0EE8D2926.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 39
  • AEADBDF7-C794-4152-B565-B34E0BF35833.jpeg
    AEADBDF7-C794-4152-B565-B34E0BF35833.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 05C8845C-815E-4EDF-A195-96B72C014EA6.jpeg
    05C8845C-815E-4EDF-A195-96B72C014EA6.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 61
  • D4C582F5-0B21-4A3C-B7FE-114A21324B1B.png
    D4C582F5-0B21-4A3C-B7FE-114A21324B1B.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
In route to hand wash joint, then car meet, then 50th anniversary party for the in laws. Brought the natty and 85s out. Pre wash pic. Pretty confident it’s one the best looking nattys in Htown.

Side note
Test drove the only w I4 (M50) in the city yesterday. It’s actually gonna be the the launch car. Tesla has real comp. Handles like a traditional bimmer. Very fun drive and absolute 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Looking forward to the i7. Salesman said the ix is as big as x5, which was a bit surprising bc pics sure make it look small.

Bless up fellas!
man once these other manufactures with way better interiors can start pumping out electric cars Tesla not gunna be selling like that.
imagine paying 100k for a tesla with that wack interior when you can be in a porsche EV instead :wow:

blue 911 looks stubby from that angle, not bad it's just not what I'm used to concerning that car. think the position in relation to the corner of the photo may play a role too.

blue 911 looks stubby from that angle, not bad it's just not what I'm used to concerning that car. think the position in relation to the corner of the photo may play a role too.

It does look stubby, maybe its the lens or just angle but it does look kinda cutesie.

Friend is debating a Charger RT (non scat) or a 330i. Telling him go with a 330i even though I like Chargers “better”. They are old though and in need of some newness (mostly interior). His priorities are luxury, sportiness, space, interior. Charger has space as the only W.

We debated 0-60 times though thats not his priority but for arguments sake an RT has maybe less than a second on the 330i (mid to high 4’s compared to low to mid 5’s) but im also saying in real world driving unless you related to Dom how often you really gonna mash the pedal like that. Especially in NYC and these gas prices. :lol:

Today was the opening for Mainline Cars & Coffee in my area. Mainline meaning the area, which Villanova University is literally 1 mile up the road and the houses and cars are big bucks. Anyhoo, it was INSANE today! So many cars, some parked on the street and in an adjacent lot. I got pics of some of the standouts (and there were some AMAZING things that came).
PXL_20220410_135939555.jpg
PXL_20220410_132247288.jpg
PXL_20220410_125848334.jpg
PXL_20220410_131904005.jpg
PXL_20220410_132029740.jpg
PXL_20220410_131500619.jpg
PXL_20220410_131510477.jpg
PXL_20220410_135203633.jpg
PXL_20220410_131935838.MP.jpg
PXL_20220410_131959754.jpg

Yeah, crazy doesn't even explain the morning. It was a bit brisk and when the sun went behind the clouds it wasn't very nice (with the stiff breeze) but it didn't stop people from coming out. Here we go:

Yup, that's an F40, but not just ANY F40 but a euro spec F40. And it's next to a Lamborghini Miura S. The Miura was the one at the McLaren dealer a few weeks ago. It's for sale for $1.5m by Lamborghini Philly. They also brought their SVJ that's also for sale for $995,500! 😱 But more on the F40...

It's owned by a local guy who has/had ALL the new modern McLaren cars. He currently has a P1 (bought new) Senna GTR (bought new) Speedtail (bought new) and he had an Elva (bought new) but he sold it to get his dream Ferrari. And he didn't disappoint. What a car. Very nice guy who talks to everyone there.

There were 4 SVJ, in all different colors. UNREAL!

I think 5 Huracans of different model (one was an STO) and my friend's Pre-LP Gallardo (my wife's car wasn't there. I went solo with my Mustang).

Numerous Ferraris including a Pista and an 812 and that 512TR (which was a gorgeous spec. White over full red 🤤🤤)

The MC20 is such an awesome car. Very unique.

That Aston DBS is such a classy car. Love those!

And I didn't photograph it but a black SLR roadster dropped by. Plus numerous Porsches, BMW, Vettes, Mustangs, the occasional Lotus and even a Honda Beat! 😎

What a freaking morning. Only downside, which will be in the next post as I need to post the pic of what happened up the road (to be continued)

Last edited:
So the bad news..one of the regulars who has an Ultraviolet GT3RS was involved in an accident on the way to the event, with his car..NOT his fault. I came up on it just a few minutes after it happened. The report is he was stationary at a light next to a Tesla (double left turn lanes arrow protected) and when their light went green, they made the turns and a Lyft driver was messing with his phone, not paying attention and ran the red light, t boning the Tesla and the Tesla into the 3RS! 😞😞😢😢 Here's a pic (not mine, from my friend's IG account). It's terrible, but could have been a whole lot worse. Don't think they will total it as it "seems" like it's a lot of body damage and HOPEFULLY nothing structural.
Screenshot_20220410-195425.png

Today was the opening for Mainline Cars & Coffee in my area. Mainline meaning the area, which Villanova University is literally 1 mile up the road and the houses and cars are big bucks. Anyhoo, it was INSANE today! So many cars, some parked on the street and in an adjacent lot. I got pics of some of the standouts (and there were some AMAZING things that came).
PXL_20220410_135939555.jpg
PXL_20220410_132247288.jpg
PXL_20220410_125848334.jpg
PXL_20220410_131904005.jpg
PXL_20220410_132029740.jpg
PXL_20220410_131500619.jpg
PXL_20220410_131510477.jpg
PXL_20220410_135203633.jpg
PXL_20220410_131935838.MP.jpg

Yeah, crazy doesn't even explain the morning. It was a bit brisk and when the sun went behind the clouds it wasn't very nice (with the stiff breeze) but it didn't stop people from coming out. Here we go:

Yup, that's an F40, but not just ANY F40 but a euro spec F40. And it's next to a Lamborghini Miura S. The Miura was the one at the McLaren dealer a few weeks ago. It's for sale for $1.5m by Lamborghini Philly. They also brought their SVJ that's also for sale for $995,500! 😱 But more on the F40...

It's owned by a local guy who has/had ALL the new modern McLaren cars. He currently has a P1 (bought new) Senna GTR (bought new) Speedtail (bought new) and he had an Elva (bought new) but he sold it to get his dream Ferrari. And he didn't disappoint. What a car. Very nice guy who talks to everyone there.

There were 4 SVJ, in all different colors. UNREAL!

I think 5 Huracans of different model (one was an STO) and my friend's Pre-LP Gallardo (my wife's car wasn't there. I went solo with my Mustang).

Numerous Ferraris including a Pista and an 812 and that 512TR (which was a gorgeous spec. White over full red 🤤🤤)

The MC20 is such an awesome car. Very unique.

That Aston DBS is such a classy car. Love those!

And I didn't photograph it but a black SLR roadster dropped by. Plus numerous Porsches, BMW, Vettes, Mustangs, the occasional Lotus and even a Honda Beat! 😎

What a freaking morning. Only downside, which will be in the next post as I need to post the pic of what happened up the road (to be continued)

Damn, a lot of very nice cars. Cool turnout. Any more pics of that Supra?

Damn, a lot of very nice cars. Cool turnout. Any more pics of that Supra?

Sorry I didn't. My phone died before I took more than a few. Plugged it into my car (thankfully the port is live all the time) but it was so freaking cold, had to wear gloves and I took pics of the stand out stuff.

Sorry I didn't. My phone died before I took more than a few. Plugged it into my car (thankfully the port is live all the time) but it was so freaking cold, had to wear gloves and I took pics of the stand out stuff.

All good, I'm just one of the rare people who finds the old Supra more interesting than the latest supercar haha.

Also those are two separate green R8s, right? Or is it just one car that looks wildly different in shade depending on the angle? I really dig the shade of the one in the earlier of the two pics.

So the bad news..one of the regulars who has an Ultraviolet GT3RS was involved in an accident on the way to the event, with his car..NOT his fault. I came up on it just a few minutes after it happened. The report is he was stationary at a light next to a Tesla (double left turn lanes arrow protected) and when their light went green, they made the turns and a Lyft driver was messing with his phone, not paying attention and ran the red light, t boning the Tesla and the Tesla into the 3RS! 😞😞😢😢 Here's a pic (not mine, from my friend's IG account). It's terrible, but could have been a whole lot worse. Don't think they will total it as it "seems" like it's a lot of body damage and HOPEFULLY nothing structural.
The purple and white wheels is so gorgeous

The purple and white wheels is so gorgeous

Actually the wheels aren't white, but bright silver. The stock 3RS wheels from Porsche. I think photos wash out the color and make them look white. But the times I've seen it, which has been a lot, they are definitely not white. 👍
Screenshot_20220411-095426.png

All good, I'm just one of the rare people who finds the old Supra more interesting than the latest supercar haha.

Also those are two separate green R8s, right? Or is it just one car that looks wildly different in shade depending on the angle? I really dig the shade of the one in the earlier of the two pics.

Definitely 2 different cars (and two generations & 2 different motors)
PXL_20220410_131518764.jpg

This one is actually Avocado Green over Vermont Brown. V10 and automatic. It was sold by a local high end used car dealer who specializes in these types. Here is the ad for it whenit sold.

Then this one below:

This one is a first gen, V8 gated that is wrapped in Stek color PPF. And the color is Porsche Python Chromaflair green.its a rare wrap as Stek, I believe my friend told me, only made 250 sets of it. It's amazing in person.

I hope no one was hurt. The Tesla looks really bad.

Friend is debating a Charger RT (non scat) or a 330i. Telling him go with a 330i even though I like Chargers “better”. They are old though and in need of some newness (mostly interior). His priorities are luxury, sportiness, space, interior. Charger has space as the only W.

We debated 0-60 times though thats not his priority but for arguments sake an RT has maybe less than a second on the 330i (mid to high 4’s compared to low to mid 5’s) but im also saying in real world driving unless you related to Dom how often you really gonna mash the pedal like that. Especially in NYC and these gas prices. :lol:
Is the RT going to be used? If it is, for a g or 2 more he can easily get into a used Scat.

Back
Top Bottom