\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My brother sent me this. He saw it happen from his apartment window. This dude was parallel parking & backed up straight into the hydrant :lol: :rofl::lol:. And his car has a backup camera 🤣
IMG-20220716-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20220716-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220716-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20220716-WA0003.jpg
Fire hydrant ticket was my first ticket when I first started driving. Apparently it's 15ft in NYC. I was more than 10ft away from it but of course the city wanted the tax money :smh:

design design

Since you're in the design field, can/do companies patent/trademark designs?

There was a point in time when Pontiacs had kidney grills similar to BMWs

GTO and M3 010.jpg

Didnt Jeep sue Hummer for something similar with their grill design? This was ages ago, I dont think anything ever happened.

Im no expert, but if I had to guess I dont think BMW do anything since their kidney grills are different between every model and changes with each gen anyways. So what exactly are you patenting? But hey if Nike can sue whoever for generally making AF1 look alikes then...

Got this a few days ago.. 2022 Bronco Big Bend in the Area 51 color w/the hardtop. Got the windows ceramic tinted yesterday, now needs a new sound system because the factory one is 🗑 gonna go through these tires first before throwing some off-road ones on.

750FD7E0-5325-442D-A435-C93D33FA1792.jpeg

Congrats! Been loving seeing these on the road. How long was the wait for the new order?

Between that and the 1300 WHP clown that could've killed someone 🤡 like that should just stick to public transportation and leave moving vehicles to more responsible people.
That dude is an absolute moron! All them signs he had to not take the car out and he STILL risked it. Hope my guy from Autotopia LA sues him for every last penny. F the driver, dude was irresponsible af.

Public trans is truly better for them as the risk for them to cause others harm is greatly reduced. Mr. Hydrant man needs to remember to turn his neck when backing up, reverse camera or not.

design design

Since you're in the design field, can/do companies patent/trademark designs?

There was a point in time when Pontiacs had kidney grills similar to BMWs

GTO and M3 010.jpg
Short answer: no.

Nerdy car designer POV:

Pontiacs and BMWs front end graphic came to the same ‘neighborhood’ after a natural design progression. The Pontiac grill was based off two colliding arrowheads (Pontiac and other American companies appropriated Indigenous folks tools and used them for design inspiration) terminating at the middle of the car.

1960s Pontiac
3035DB27-B2F7-4B2B-A369-4C0D565069D1.jpeg

If anything Pontiac was looking at Studebaker for design inspiration; German cars weren’t in US automakers wheelhouse as American design was dominant during that era.

Studebaker for reference: (1950s)
44467798-238A-4E59-B041-7746D1E9A754.jpeg

While BMW adapted the twin grill for aerodynamic purposes in the 1930s, most agree that the 1960s BMW roadster defined the graphic before it’s latest gestation back to the original vertically longer design (new BMW 3)

C05FCDD3-7FCC-4C57-82D1-0C919F311484.jpeg

And the designer who penned this worked for Studebaker in the 1950s 😂.

Last edited:
That dude is an absolute moron! All them signs he had to not take the car out and he STILL risked it. Hope my guy from Autotopia LA sues him for every last penny. F the driver, dude was irresponsible af.

Public trans is truly better for them as the risk for them to cause others harm is greatly reduced. Mr. Hydrant man needs to remember to turn his neck when backing up, reverse camera or not.
sue him for what?

dude willing got in the car, he accepted liability, hisonline persona is of an automotive expert he saw all the signs but wanted the views :lol: he definitely got the views :lol:

Short answer: no.

Nerdy car designer POV:

Pontiacs and BMWs front end graphic came from the same ‘neighborhood’ after a natural design progression. The Pontiac grill was based off two colliding arrowheads (Pontiac and other American companies appropriated Indigenous folks tools and used them for design inspiration) terminating at the middle of the car.

1960s Pontiac
3035DB27-B2F7-4B2B-A369-4C0D565069D1.jpeg

If anything Pontiac was looking at Studebaker for design inspiration; German cars weren’t in US automakers wheelhouse as American design was dominant during that era.

Studebaker for reference: (1950s)
44467798-238A-4E59-B041-7746D1E9A754.jpeg

While BMW adapted the twin grill for aerodynamic purposes in the 1930s, most agree that the 1960s BMW roadster defined the graphic before it’s latest gestation back to the original vertically longer design (new BMW 3)

C05FCDD3-7FCC-4C57-82D1-0C919F311484.jpeg

And the designer who penned this worked for Studebaker in the 1950s 😂.
what was the desingers name if u don't mind me asking

sue him for what?

dude willing got in the car, he accepted liability, hisonline persona is of an automotive expert he saw all the signs but wanted the views :lol: he definitely got the views :lol:
Darn! You're right. He did willingly get in it knowing all that so guess no law suit. Lol, yes the views most definitely came rolling in

Congrats! Been loving seeing these on the road. How long was the wait for the new order?
Me too! Heard people say it’s pretty much a Ford Wrangler lol but idk these just look better imo and they’re a tad bigger. I actually didn’t wait at all, local dealer had it on the lot. They were surprised it was sitting for the last few weeks so after about a day of back and forth with them I got it for about a $6k markup 🥴 would’ve preferred not to pay a markup but it is what it is lol.

Fire hydrant ticket was my first ticket when I first started driving. Apparently it's 15ft in NYC. I was more than 10ft away from it but of course the city wanted the tax money :smh:
Yup 15 ft...but you know how that goes. City always looking to take our hard-earned $. How much was the ticket? My 1st ticket ever was literally the day I registered my Maxima. Drove to the DMV with fake plates 🤣, registered car at the DMV & got my real plates.

Then drove to Steinway for hookah & grub. I noticed my front plate wasn't sitting right & fell off so I left it on the dashboard. Came out the lounge a while later & a bright orange envelope was sitting on the windshield for "improperly placed license plate".

It was $65 I think but my bro fought it in their ticket office at Sutphin Blvd & won the dispute. I rewarded him $20, lol.

Why did they mark it up if it was sitting for weeks. You had leverage
Oh they wanted $15k markup originally. That I was not gonna do at all. Had gotten rid of my other car that morning and made a few G’s off it so It went towards that. Helped alleviate some of the pain of that bs.

Yup 15 ft...but you know how that goes. City always looking to take our hard-earned $. How much was the ticket? My 1st ticket ever was literally the day I registered my Maxima. Drove to the DMV with fake plates 🤣, registered car at the DMV & got my real plates.

Then drove to Steinway for hookah & grub. I noticed my front plate wasn't sitting right & fell off so I left it on the dashboard. Came out the lounge a while later & a bright orange envelope was sitting on the windshield for "improperly placed license plate".

It was $65 I think but my bro fought it in their ticket office at Sutphin Blvd & won the dispute. I rewarded him $20, lol.
It was in the upper 200s range. Been so long.

They don’t even trip here as long as you can fit a hose through the gap it’s all good.

Tbh I don’t even see meter maids anymore. They probably all just became police.

They don’t even trip here as long as you can fit a hose through the gap it’s all good.

Tbh I don’t even see meter maids anymore. They probably all just became police.

Meter maids in NYC are EVERYWHERE and are ruthless if you arent near your car. Otherwise I find most of them to be pretty nice. If im parked in a No Parking spot and im just across the street from my car or a little ways away picking up food or somethinn and ill just holler “hey im just grabbing my food” and theyll give me a nod and pass my car. As long as youre near your car theyre cool with it. But yeah there are a ton of them.

Back
Top Bottom