\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

you’ll forever have a job now if you ever are in need. :pimp:
This, some guy put my number on some hiring database for CDL holders a year ago and I still get multiple calls and texts a day from companies offering this dude jobs. I began to answer to tell them they have the wrong number.

you’ll forever have a job now if you ever are in need. :pimp:
💯👍
congrats fam!!! 🥳🥳🥳
I know whoever hires you is adding a good one to their team. Awesome news man 🔥
Thanks so much man 😊. About to start sending out my resume to some companies.
congrats fam
JazakAllah my brother. Ngl I failed my 1st attempt 🤣 2 weeks ago. It's 4 categories- Air Brake test/Vehicle Inspection/Basic Control/Road. I aced the 1st 3 & failed the road part. Didn't call out all the hazards, didn't drive fast enough on the highway & may or may not have run a red light:rofl:.

But today I was beast mode. Called out each & every hazard, went up to proper highway speed, stayed & monitored my lane & didn't run no reds, lol. Alhumdulillah feels like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders. 4 months & $1600 later I got it YEAH 💪

Do CDL license holders get scrutinized & punished more severely by law enforcement than ordinary license holders? I've heard they do & I'm thinking about removing the fake plate off my Challenger & putting the real one back on :lol: . I don't want to jeopardize my CDL in any way.

No they don’t get punished more, a plate holder wouldn’t be anything. Just moving violations and DUI will affect your job hunt if you have too many.

Are you looking for a job or just wanted to get your CDL?

If looking for a job work for a company that owns trucks. Not a freight company.

Construction and government pay the best something where you might use your CDL but also do other things.

A good friends S8… such a great car and so rare..
9A850156-AD3E-439A-AA98-159408B660BC.jpeg

I been said this, Acura made a new ILX and gave it the Integra name for sales. Car is whack af.
Concur, car is garbage. Already a couple instances of companies trying to cash in on name recognition but putting out crap cars not living up to the heritage. Unsure about the new Z, but certainly the case with Supra and Integra. The new Toyota would have been GREAT with any other name besides Supra. Could of called it the new Celica, maybe MR2 but kind of big to be a MR2. Lowered the HP and car would have done numbers, nevermind that price point.
💯👍

... didn't drive fast enough on the highway & may or may not have run a red light:rofl:.
Most people on the road don't drive fast enough, since when is that a thing on a driving test. You know how many SHOULD fail the regular driving test based off that alone. Everyone is traffic cop in the left lane.
A good friends S8… such a great car and so rare..
9A850156-AD3E-439A-AA98-159408B660BC.jpeg
Mother in law has always wanted one, but we laugh because she is all of 5'6 5'7. She would get lost in that big car.

S Audis are cool (I’ve owned a few), but man are they super boring to drive and frankly they are slow compared to their competitors. They are good highway cruisers mainly imo (especially s6/s 8 )

Concur, car is garbage. Already a couple instances of companies trying to cash in on name recognition but putting out crap cars not living up to the heritage. Unsure about the new Z, but certainly the case with Supra and Integra. The new Toyota would have been GREAT with any other name besides Supra. Could of called it the new Celica, maybe MR2 but kind of big to be a MR2. Lowered the HP and car would have done numbers, nevermind that price point.

Most people on the road don't drive fast enough, since when is that a thing on a driving test. You know how many SHOULD fail the regular driving test based off that alone. Everyone is traffic cop in the left lane.

Mother in law has always wanted one, but we laugh because she is all of 5'6 5'7. She would get lost in that big car.

Naw the new Supra is ill, and performance aside atleast it has a nod to the MK4 in the looks department (headlights). That being said how could they name it something else when it clearly resembles the Mk4?

The Integra nah noda, hell the new NSX nope.

Even the new Z has nods to older Z’s.

No they don’t get punished more, a plate holder wouldn’t be anything. Just moving violations and DUI will affect your job hunt if you have too many.

Are you looking for a job or just wanted to get your CDL?

If looking for a job work for a company that owns trucks. Not a freight company.

Construction and government pay the best something where you might use your CDL but also do other things.
Oh ok, gotchu. In that case I don't have to worry as I don't drink.

So mainly I got it because I took the civil service test for the City Sanitation dept. Did really well on it too but I'm not pinning my hopes on them...if I get hired I get hired if not it is what it is. They require a Class B CDL so I said screw it I'll get it ahead of time that way if they call I'm ready to go. I don't want to be that potential-candidate-for-hire who is "in the process" of getting their CDL. Better to be prepped & have all their requirements done. In the meantime, I do want to put this CDL to use now that I have it.

Why is working for a company who owns their trucks better to work for than a freight company? Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it bro 👍 .

titang545 titang545 So for a regular road test I guess we don't even think about the speed since city speed limit is 25mph(here at least) it's hard driving past 25 on city blocks given blind spots stop signs etc... but with these CDL road tests for a brief portion of the test they take you on the highway. On my 1st attempt where I failed the expwy limit was 50mph & the instructor said "bring your speed UP, it's 50mph here" & it wasn't totally my fault for not being up to speed because that driving schools school bus I was using is slow af :lol:. It's like 20 years old, poorly maintained & has no power. I was flooring that **** & its *** wouldn't move. The highway portion is only like 1 exits worth & that's not nearly enough length to propel that bus to 50. This time I was flooring it early because I knew we were about to get on the highway so by the time that stretch started I was nearing 50mph ever so slowly, lol. This test site has way more open roads since it's literally right next to the airport so I felt like that helped.

Many people SHOULD fail the regular driving test for many other reasons than just speed :lol:. You're right left lane has all traffic cops & speed demons driving in it, lol. I remember I knew someone whose mother failed the regular road test 7 times & the 8th time they had a "deal" with the instructor where they paid him about $800 to pass her. This was like 15 years ago I'm sure "the deal" costs a lot more now. These are the kinds of people who get licensed to drive on our roads :smh:.

Oh ok, gotchu. In that case I don't have to worry as I don't drink.

So mainly I got it because I took the civil service test for the City Sanitation dept. Did really well on it too but I'm not pinning my hopes on them...if I get hired I get hired if not it is what it is. They require a Class B CDL so I said screw it I'll get it ahead of time that way if they call I'm ready to go. I don't want to be that potential-candidate-for-hire who is "in the process" of getting their CDL. Better to be prepped & have all their requirements done. In the meantime, I do want to put this CDL to use now that I have it.

Why is working for a company who owns their trucks better to work for than a freight company? Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it bro 👍 .
That’s exactly the type of job I was referring to. :pimp: I hope you get in.

My airport job is a government job too. I haven’t used my cdl once but like the job you applied for you just need it to work there. These are the gravy jobs.

to put it as simply as possible truck drivers get treated like dirt. A million hours, no breaks and the pay isn’t great and it’s just a hard lifestyle.

You’re better off being a maintenance worker for a municipality or something working 8 hours a day and with union benefits and OT.

IMHO, that and the generation that proceeded it were highlights of Hondas original design ethos.

The interesting thing about the EV transition is that it's an opportunity for brands to bring more throwback references to previous designs, now that there's less worry about engine packaging requirements up front.

The Honda e city EV is a perfect example-
(inspiration, the 1974 Honda Civic-which was a staple and a critical product for the Honda brand): The front graphics, and character line below the window is a nice callback.

Inside, the screens allow for a removal of quite a few switches, which in turn declutters the enveloping dash-again another nice recall to an era where interiors were far more ‘honest’ from a design POV; along with the lack of a true transmission tunnel in the floor plan-those ICE products from circa 1970-1980s were quite narrow.
Honda-e-01.jpg
2020-honda-e-review-13-1580174494-1.jpg
2020-honda-e-review-22-1580174496-1.jpg

2020-honda-e-review-23-1580174496.jpg
1607042081ea1d50DSC04828-scaled.jpg
1607041457ea1d50DSC04743-scaled.jpg

160704202732199f3b3b54dDSC04821-scaled.jpg
1607041506199f3b3b54dDSC04750-scaled.jpg

pops bought a used honda CVCCs back in the 80s after we immigrated to the states. he had no concept of seatbelt laws so he'd let my sisters and I sit in the hatchback area :lol: would love to get one of these for the sake of nostalgia

Naw the new Supra is ill, and performance aside atleast it has a nod to the MK4 in the looks department (headlights). That being said how could they name it something else when it clearly resembles the Mk4?

The Integra nah noda, hell the new NSX nope.

Even the new Z has nods to older Z’s.
Nods ain't enough for me, BMW is just a toned down Z4. That ain't the move for me. Toyota let BMW hit them with the okey doke, gave them an older engine in there joint venture. Concept looked way better than finished product. Performance test for new Z are not looking to good when compared to competition.

Not the article I was looking for, recall a YouTube video with the Z and other new cars.

Nods ain't enough for me, BMW is just a toned down Z4. That ain't the move for me. Toyota let BMW hit them with the okey doke, gave them an older engine in there joint venture. Concept looked way better than finished product. Performance test for new Z are not looking to good when compared to competition.

Not the article I was looking for, recall a YouTube video with the Z and other new cars.

It’s not a toned down Z4. It’s a higher performing car. It’s beat the crap out of the new Z in every comparison. It has the proper I-6 and RWD platform and Toyota developed their own manual for it which also has gotten rave reviews. It’s sold well and tons of people have modified it. It’s also relativity affordable. The GT-R is twice to four times the price and the NSX was 3-4 times the price.

Range Rovers now use the BMW V-8. Aston Martin uses the Benz V-8. Acura’s electric suv is a GM rebadge. etc etc

S Audis are cool (I’ve owned a few), but man are they super boring to drive and frankly they are slow compared to their competitors. They are good highway cruisers mainly imo (especially s6/s 8 )
Wifes SQ7 is a beast and far more agile than the X7 M50i I had and definitely more comfortable on road than the X5M.
I can agree most S are not on par with competitors overall but there are some things Audi does very well and sometimes better.
Personally, I prefer their understated designs.
SQ7.jpg

Last edited:
Wifes SQ7 is a beast and far more agile than the X7 M50i I had and definitely more comfortable on road than the X5M.
I can agree most S are not on par with competitors overall but there are some things Audi does very well and sometimes better.
Personally, I prefer their understated designs.
SQ7.jpg
Sq7 and agile? :lol: it’s also more agile than my house. Like I said they are comfortable highway cruisers at best.

Back
Top Bottom