\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Sporty compact SUVs don't drive like an SUV

Eh, they’re either under powered or not practical in terms of cost. The Macan GTS and X3M are cool, but it’s $90k for a compact SUV. Power and driving characteristics are slightly better, but they’re marginal bigger than most mid-size sedans. Might as well be lower to the ground. A sport wagon like a RS6 is the perfect compromise IMO. Lame that BMW won’t bring the M3 touring to the states.

naw, i couldn't do a SUV if it was my only car. the ride height and space is nice, but being quick and agile is where i'm at. i also don't like the higher center of gravity aka body roll.
I can't either. I've driven some SUVs that handled well (RR Sport, Cayman, X5) but I love the nimbleness and center of graivty of coupes/sedans. Each has its place though. I just hate body-rolling at corners :lol:.

3/4 of the cars in my apartment complex parking garage is a SUV/truck.Most of these people are remote tech employees, medical professionals, or in finance. Most with no kids.

Hell they need a truck for 😂. Its comical. I’m from the country, it made sense there but here in the city? Can’t wrap my head around it.

4X4 never go off road, never towing anything, never using the truck bed, what you got it for? To drive it to brunch?

Exactly right. And funny you mention "in the city". These trucks being as big as they are, pickups now, are next to impossible to park on the street and forget trying to get them into a parking garage. Those garages were made back 30-50+ year ago when trucks weren't used, so the spaces, and the height of the garage itself, didn't expect near 75% of people to be driving things taller than a sedan.

Here's one for you...watched a pickup in front of me, go into the ame garage of the hospital I go to for my GI doc appointment. He hit the hanging yellow caution bar (yellow/black striped) which is there to tell drivers your vehicle is too tall for the garage. Did that stop him? NOPE! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ He BARELY made it through the garage. Had there been a low hanging pipe, would have been a disaster.

Maybe I’m jaded from where I grew up. Trucks were always for function and truck uses.Hunting, fishing, taking out the trash, towing, fashionable trucks is just weird to me.

It gives me the same feeling watching kids wear worn out Carhartt and don’t know how to use a screwdriver.

You and me both. Dad's 85 tomorrow, and a lifelong car mechanic. He still works on cars today (he's incredible honestly). He's always owned a truck while my mom had a sedan (always Crown Vics). He needs the truck for his tools, car parts, towing his trailer that holds one of his many antique cars. Seeing people come in to the showroom when I worked asking for an F150, and while showing them the vehicle and making small talk, finding out that they will NEVER use it for what it's intended for, I just 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I agree with everyone in here. I am happy that people drive what they like but I also grew up in a small town where trucks and SUVs were for work and were used accordingly. With that said, with the prices of trucks and their options, they have turned into status symbols and very comfortable and luxurious people movers. An optioned out dually is well over $100K and not everyone driving them are ranchers or in construction. In fact, I know more doctors and lawyers that drive those trucks than actual ranchers and construction workers.

Im not going to name names but I just read two posts ..one person loves driving a CR-V and another wants to get a RAV4. WTF is wrong with you people? Do you not have a soul?

I mean he explained his CR-V comments and those are all valid points. Sometimes you just want something easy and comfortable. Especially since mans coming from a chally and a 90s maxima.

Im not going to name names but I just read two posts ..one person loves driving a CR-V and another wants to get a RAV4. WTF is wrong with you people? Do you not have a soul?
1361D9D6-D608-43C0-BC2B-D5A88F17A435.gif

Well tbh it’s a stupid ****ing observation.

Folks posted why they preferred SUVs and others posted why they prefer sedans/coupes. You can call me out for driving a sports car and not tracking it enough. I wouldn’t be mad, bc it’s true. No different than saying that the majority of truck owners don’t the vehicle for it’s intended use. Is that not true? Why are you so triggered?

Back
Top Bottom