\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I don't think and I doubt they feel stupid. All the Toyota trucks and SUVs moving forward will be hybrid equipped. Toyota NA engines have been proven to be tried and true. The hybrid system in a SUV for long term life is still fairly unproven although Toyota is the best company to prove they can maximize a hybrid system. Time will tell.

I think the direct opposite is going to happen. Most of the 4runners in good condition are going to shoot up in value eventually. The last few Toyota 4runner engines have been bullet proof; 1GR-FE, 2UZ-FE. Most of the people on Toyota forums have said they will opt to keep their current vehicles.
Sounds a lot like something an old Jeep TJ or YJ owner would say when a JL is brought up. No tech will always be more reliable than tech so if that's good enough for you then so be it. Paying $70k for something that hasn't changed much in 15 yrs IMO is kinda dumb.

Btw "most people on the Toyota forum" doesn't equate to everyone who bought one. There will be a lot of repos of all brands in the near future because of people overextending themselves making stupid financial purchases. For example buying a basic SUV that hasn't changed in 15 yrs for $70k.

It’s funny Jeep people think the JL has a lot of tech. I guess it’s all relative.

It is getting too much though, give me some CarPlay, sat radio, good headlights and defrosting mirrors and that’s all I really care about.

new tech can suck tho…for example, i hate tire sensors. it seems like theyre always going out or malfunctioning. i was fine checking my tire pressure a couple of times a year.

i havent bought a new car since 2018 (4runner). and the car i daily is a 2008 (FJ Cruiser).

i definately do not want a digital dash or an ipad style infotainment center in the car. to me it feels too distracting and it makes the car feel like its gonna get outdated and become a “throw away” kinda thing like most cell phones/laptops/computers.

i know im different though, ive kept nearly every car ive purchased in the last 25 years and i regret selling the ones i didnt keep.

new tech can suck tho…for example, i hate tire sensors. it seems like theyre always going out or malfunctioning. i was fine checking my tire pressure a couple of times a year.

i havent bought a new car since 2018 (4runner). and the car i daily is a 2008 (FJ Cruiser).

i definately do not want a digital dash or an ipad style infotainment center in the car. to me it feels too distracting and it makes the car feel like its gonna get outdated and become a “throw away” kinda thing like most cell phones/laptops/computers.

i know im different though, ive kept nearly every car ive purchased in the last 25 years and i regret selling the ones i didnt keep.
I like the ipad style head unit in my car.

It keeps things in my line of sight so that I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

Audi got it right when they introduced it. Just like they did with LED lights.

nuts! $101k

IMG_2288.jpeg

lebron-james.gif

so i had been seeing these JDM Melody boxes all over TikTok. Essentially a box you plug in to one of your USB ports and when you turn on your car it plays an anime sound, a greeting or a tune from a Tokyo train station. Pretty cool but 70 bucks yeah no from me. So I DIYd it.

Bought me this module on Amazon for $15 clipped the button and wired that together then found an older charging cable clipped that and wired it to the power. For a box i got me one of those classic CS-X3 Air Spensers. So it came out to $30 since i had to buy the cx-3 but totally worth it since i missed that smell. Found a dump of some Japan train station songs and alerts. Gonna use 101soundboard to make me a custom greeting.

Not a bad little mod

IMG_3116.png
IMG_3110.jpeg
IMG_3111.jpeg

Video

I also modded the shifter. The factory T shifter in the K5 was Enh so i grabbed this one straight from the motherland South Korea from an Elantra N line and dropped it in. So much better

IMG_3062.jpeg
D6E6A440-2AE6-4A1E-B9D1-1BB7CF993A28.jpeg
IMG_3067.jpeg

I also swapped out the stock amber side markers for some smoked ones.

IMG_3097.jpeg
IMG_3098.jpeg
IMG_3099.jpeg

Wheels and lowering springs going on this weekend.

Last edited:
I have already had to have my fuel injector, spark plugs replaced, and my recall service done, and have only owned the car for 2 and half months. Also had to get Genesis corporate involved as the dealer were dragging their feet on the service. Car is amazing when not having to deal with the dealership.
20230802_095055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom