\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

We’ll see what all the hype is about. 🧪🧪

IMG_1398.jpeg
Mann hummel filter :smokin

3k oil change is a waste bro.

I go 7500-10k

It’s not any more expensive than any other synthetic. It’s just made for German turbo motors and I guess you notice an immediate difference in how quiet it is at idle.

New track car. Kind of wish I went with 19’s instead of 18’s. Set up the quick jack and changed my oil for the first time ever. Wasn’t so bad. Going to do a brake fluid flush and put some high temp fluid in before the first track day in a couple of weeks.

IMG_6738.jpeg

New track car. Kind of wish I went with 19’s instead of 18’s. Set up the quick jack and changed my oil for the first time ever. Wasn’t so bad. Going to do a brake fluid flush and put some high temp fluid in before the first track day in a couple of weeks.

IMG_6738.jpeg
sheesh, congrats

any idea what allocation for a G80 M3 is looking like these days? i don't want to call the dealer just yet, as i'm not looking to buy today. felt like asking here, since i don't have much to contribute atm :lol:

any idea what allocation for a G80 M3 is looking like these days? i don't want to call the dealer just yet, as i'm not looking to buy today. felt like asking here, since i don't have much to contribute atm :lol:
You probably should call now, just to get a sense on allocation time frames and when they will cut off the current model year orders. Won't hurt to ask, even if you are not ready for a short bit. 👍

Took this for a test drive today. Not my ideal spec and exterior was pretty rough. Not horrible for a 12 year old car that’s been driven but not really up to my standard.
IMG_7952.jpeg

How many miles did it have and how was the Carfax? Also do you mind sharing what they were asking for it?

Issue with some of these (and Gallardos) when they hit their bottom depreciation curve, people who stretched to buy them couldn't afford to keep them in tip top shape, so lots of deferred maintenance.

How many miles did it have and how was the Carfax? Also do you mind sharing what they were asking for it?

Issue with some of these (and Gallardos) when they hit their bottom depreciation curve, people who stretched to buy them couldn't afford to keep them in tip top shape, so lots of deferred maintenance.
2013 with 40k miles. Asking $163. Carfax is clean but 8 owners. Service is up to date but doesn’t look like it had the clutch done which can be pretty costly. Had ppf that they apparently removed and didn’t do a great job. Some paint chips here and there. Drivers side rear quarter panel was sticking out about a cm. Passenger side door handle was loose. There was a fairly large hood gap. Chipped windshield. Missing rear emblem. Some missing plastic bits inside. Sticky buttons. Again not horrible for a 12 year old car with some miles but it would drive me nuts. I’ll hold out for one with buckets. I know you’re not too far so if you are interested I could pass the location to you. Owner of the dealership said he didn’t expect it to last past next week because he’s been getting a lot of interest but mostly out of state.

Attachments

• IMG_7950.jpeg
    IMG_7950.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7948.jpeg
    IMG_7948.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7951.jpeg
    IMG_7951.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7953.jpeg
    IMG_7953.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7955.jpeg
    IMG_7955.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7959.jpeg
    IMG_7959.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 73
2013 with 40k miles. Asking $163. Carfax is clean but 8 owners. Service is up to date but doesn’t look like it had the clutch done which can be pretty costly. Had ppf that they apparently removed and didn’t do a great job. Some paint chips here and there. Drivers side rear quarter panel was sticking out about a cm. Passenger side door handle was loose. There was a fairly large hood gap. Chipped windshield. Missing rear emblem. Some missing plastic bits inside. Sticky buttons. Again not horrible for a 12 year old car with some miles but it would drive me nuts. I’ll hold out for one with buckets. I know you’re not too far so if you are interested I could pass the location to you. Owner of the dealership said he didn’t expect it to last past next week because he’s been getting a lot of interest but mostly out of state.

Thanks for the info buddy. Oh, I'm not interested in one. I don't have that kind of $$$. Plus, the only car I want is a Lotus. 😎

I just was curious on the specifics of the car and the overall condition. When you mentioned clutch hasn't been done, you do know these are a dual clutch right, and not a single clutch like the F1 trans in the 360 & 430? They don't need to be replaced like those F1 clutch (or the E-Gear clutch in early Lamborghinis). The clutch is a wet clutch and if there is a problem, it's the whole transmission that's going, not the clutch itself. 👍

There are a lot of 458s out there, just have to be patient and find the right one. You'll find it. 🤞

Last edited:
Well, it seems that the craziest, and frankly, the absolute WORST launch for a new car, finally had light at the end of the tunnel. The Lotus Emira, which hadn't passed CARB yet, which stops it from being sold in 18 states I believe (my state of PA is a California Emissions state) and yet they shipped cars to NON-CARB states and the cars have been sitting for well over a month, seems to have FINALLY passed CARB! 🙏🙏

Someone on a Lotus board filed a California FOIA to get the information when it passes and they got a copy of the actual CARB paperwork showing it passed. Now the cars sitting in Florida, Texas and other states can get delivered (hopefully) this coming week and all the cars sitting at the port in Norfolk UK can come over (my good friend's car is one of them). It's been the WORST clusterbleep I've ever seen for a new vehicle launch (and I've seen some crazy stuff with Fords over my prior career 🤯). But hopefully come Monday, Lotus UK will tell Lotus USA that the cars can be papered and then picked up. Now, let's get the base car available to order and LAP to do custom colors and add a set of racing seats and I'll be REALLY interested 👍

Edit: pics of an Emira in my buddy's colors (exterior and interior and one with the same wheels. These are not pics of his, but will look just like it. Atlantis Blue with Ice Grey leather and the diamond cut wheels with the manual (in the first pic)! 🔥🔥
IMG_20240303_072729.jpg
IMG_20240303_072757.jpg
IMG_20240303_072802.jpg
IMG_20240303_072807.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom