polo_blue1.gif

10to1-7352160.jpg

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

just copped the gucci pour homme II for 25 from ross
pimp.gif

Now you all have me curious about this heWood and Allure
smh.gif
I'm about to start collecting colognes.

Seriously I just started collecting at the beginning of this month, and I went crazy and copped like 8 different kinds.  If you want better resources on this stuff check out the website www.basenotes.net  Those guys know what's up, just remember though they might be older so their perception is more toward "older" smelling scents.  If you're interested in Chanel Allure Homme, check out D&G The One, Chanel Pour Monsieur, HM by Hanae Mori and John Varvatos by John Varvatos while you're there.  Guaranteed you'll be walking out with at least 2 bottles of cologne lol.

Just bought some Issey Miyake cologne yesterday.  I like it, subtle and not too sweet smelling like Acqua di Gio.  Does anyone wear Armani Code?  How is it?  Is it more of an evening cologne and spicy smelling?

Originally Posted by shogun

Just bought some Issey Miyake cologne yesterday.  I like it, subtle and not too sweet smelling like Aqua di Gio.  Does anyone wear Armani Code?  How is it?  Is it more of an evening cologne and spicy smelling?

I wouldn't consider Code spicy, there's too much citrus in the opening to warrant that.  I don't wear code, but I've sampled it...theres a smell about it that I really don't like.  I think it's a mix of the citrus with the bergamot, it smells like fluoride that they give you at the dentist.  If you're looking for a spicy, more evening type cologne try D&G the one or Chanel Allure Homme.  YSL L'homme is a nice inoffensive scent too, but that one projects pretty loudly on my skin and I see that you like the more subtle scents.

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

pimp.gif

smh.gif

Seriously I just started collecting at the beginning of this month, and I went crazy and copped like 8 different kinds.  If you want better resources on this stuff check out the website www.basenotes.net  Those guys know what's up, just remember though they might be older so their perception is more toward "older" smelling scents.  If you're interested in Chanel Allure Homme, check out D&G The One, Chanel Pour Monsieur, HM by Hanae Mori and John Varvatos by John Varvatos while you're there.  Guaranteed you'll be walking out with at least 2 bottles of cologne lol.
 - Have you considered Bond or Creed?

- nah, people have different tastes. they could tell me this and this about ____ cologne and IDGAF. What smells good to them doesn't necessarily smell good to me

I remember buying a bottle every 2 weeks for 5 months while frequenting that site (to experiment). I ended up selling some and I just rock with my usual cologne line up per season.

for the people with lots of different colognes are you buying the large bottles or smaller ones?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

pimp.gif

smh.gif

- nah, people have different tastes. they could tell me this and this about ____ cologne and IDGAF. What smells good to them doesn't necessarily smell good to me

I remember buying a bottle every 2 weeks for 5 months while frequenting that site (to experiment). I ended up selling some and I just rock with my usual cologne line up per season.

I try to stay within the budgets of a relative shoehead, so I don't suggest Creeds off the bat.  If someone asks "higher end more expensive cologne" and that price isn't an option, then I'll throw the more expensive colognes into the mix.  I mess around with Creed Erolfa, waiting for more chips before I cop another.  Millesime Imperial is on my cop list, GIT was sampled but it's not for me.  A little too sweet.  I understand what you mean about different people with different tastes, but these guys have the experience behind smelling fragrances.  They've been doing it for X amount of years, and that's X amount of years more experience than I currently have.    I suggested basenotes as a resource of information, not something to follow to the tee.  I refer to those reviews for guidance, see what's for me and what's not.  Aramis JHL is a highly regarded fragrance, but when i sampled it I realized I was too young for it.  It's like taste buds, when I was a kid I couldn't stand vegetables, but nowadays I'll tear some greens up.  All senses change with age.  I slowed down with the purchasing, but I do more sampling.  If you need a legit site (though it's expensive) try theperfumedcourt.com  They sell legitimate decants so you don't have to buy a bottle to see if you like a fragrance or not.

sex panther, illegal in a number of countries.made from real bits of panther. 60 percent of the time . . . . it works all the time.

smh.gif
new scents i gotta cop
Perry Ellis (new) [i'm pretty sure the name is actually 'new']
64916M.jpg

and i think i was feeling that gucci light blue.
Copped this today from TJ Maxx, came with the body wash and shampoo for 30
eek.gif
 Next up, D&G Light Blue. 
I attempted to look for the heWood, but no one heard of it.

pimp.gif

smh.gif

I try to stay within the budgets of a relative shoehead, so I don't suggest Creeds off the bat.  If someone asks "higher end more expensive cologne" and that price isn't an option, then I'll throw the more expensive colognes into the mix.  I mess around with Creed Erolfa, waiting for more chips before I cop another.  Millesime Imperial is on my cop list, GIT was sampled but it's not for me.  A little too sweet.  I understand what you mean about different people with different tastes, but these guys have the experience behind smelling fragrances.  They've been doing it for X amount of years, and that's X amount of years more experience than I currently have.    I suggested basenotes as a resource of information, not something to follow to the tee.  I refer to those reviews for guidance, see what's for me and what's not.  Aramis JHL is a highly regarded fragrance, but when i sampled it I realized I was too young for it.  It's like taste buds, when I was a kid I couldn't stand vegetables, but nowadays I'll tear some greens up.  All senses change with age.  I slowed down with the purchasing, but I do more sampling.  If you need a legit site (though it's expensive) try theperfumedcourt.com  They sell legitimate decants so you don't have to buy a bottle to see if you like a fragrance or not.
I've known Basenotes and PerfumedCourt for a long time now
laugh.gif

and the vets there do not affect my buying decisions. same thing with the Dressing better thread. I appreciate their input and expertise, but at the end of the day I know what I want, and I got my 25 year old brain to make my own decisions.

anyhow, anyone here wants a bottle of Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur de Male to experiment on?
laugh.gif
I got a 75ml bottle.

pimp.gif

smh.gif

I've known Basenotes and PerfumedCourt for a long time now
laugh.gif

and the vets there do not affect my buying decisions. same thing with the Dressing better thread. I appreciate their input and expertise, but at the end of the day I know what I want, and I got my 25 year old brain to make my own decisions.

anyhow, anyone here wants a bottle of Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur de Male to experiment on?
laugh.gif
I got a 75ml bottle.

you basically reiterated things i said from my own post and tried to make me look dumb.  obviously, you know what you want, but people are asking questions on this thread because they don't.  i'm trying to help people find scents and you people here are talking to me like i don't know anything.

smh.gif
new scents i gotta cop
Perry Ellis (new) [i'm pretty sure the name is actually 'new']
64916M.jpg

and i think i was feeling that gucci light blue.
Copped this today from TJ Maxx, came with the body wash and shampoo for 30
eek.gif
 Next up, D&G Light Blue. 
I attempted to look for the heWood, but no one heard of it.

That's a good find!  30 bucks is a steal.  Light Blue is a good spring/summer scent, it'll stand out in warmer months.  I haven't heard of heWood either...i would prolly try buying that online.

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

sex panther, illegal in a number of countries.made from real bits of panther. 60 percent of the time . . . . it works all the time.

"What is that smell?"
"That's the smell of desire me lady"
"Oh my God...it smells like a dirty diaper covered with indian food!"
"Oh man that smells like a turd covered with burnt hair"
"...it smells like big foots *#%&!"
Classic movie 
laugh.gif

you basically reiterated things i said from my own post and tried to make me look dumb. 

laugh.gif
if you want to take it that way then go ahead. I didn't intend for it to sound like that. I just wanted to make an input.

Back
Top Bottom