Post your favorite "chill" songs (if you know what i mean) or just relaxing songs in general

K-Def - Sparkle & Monty

Sparkle just played on my iPhone whilst in shuffle mode... Hit repeat twice & just cooled out while working on some spread sheets, then had to play Monty (& let that repeat a couple of times too).

Last edited:
:wow: P is down with KDef?!

Well I'll be a dust bunny stuck to a turntable needle.

The "Monty" beat was actually used by an MC. His name escapes me at the moment but Grap Luva and Rob-O are on the cut.

Are you getting K's "One Man Band" LP?

Man, I've been looking for a thread like this for the longest!!

I still need to browse the vids posted but I wanted to post a few first...

Last edited:
K-Def - Sparkle & Monty

Sparkle just played on my iPhone whilst in shuffle mode... Hit repeat twice & just cooled out while working on some spread sheets, then had to play Monty (& let that repeat a couple of times too).

Lowa, Lowa. :pimp: I like the wrinkles he threw in "Leyte"

:wow: P is down with KDef?!

Well I'll be a dust bunny stuck to a turntable needle.

The "Monty" beat was actually used by an MC. His name escapes me at the moment but Grap Luva and Rob-O are on the cut.

Are you getting K's "One Man Band" LP?

Did you really have to ask if I was down with K Def!?!? C'mon Ruxxxx... Yeah imma buy his new release when it comes out... March 5th I think. I first came across his stuff back in the day from the Lords of the Undergound. In fact, I met him when they played Morgan St's homecoming years ago... His K Def The Most Underrated mix tape is a killer.... Good to see you back in the music section...

:lol: :pimp: No doubt P.

Yo you can go directly to redefinitionrecords.com and grab the "One Man Band" LP.

You don't have to wait for March.

Isaac Hayes - Walk on By

Switching things up... This used to be my jawn whenever I had a nice drive... Nothing like some Black Moses to vibe to when you gotta drive for a stretch. Below is another version of the Burt Bacharach classic. I played the first release of the Dead Presidents CD so much when it came out I wore it out & had to get another one...The collection of songs was so spot on (Hughes brothers flick was great too)...

El Michel's Affair - Walk On By

Questlove - Goodbye Isaac

I've posted this before somewhere in the music thread (maybe a couple of times) but had to post again... Questlove's tribute to Black Moses.

Last edited:
Cookin Soul - New York City [GIL SCOTT HERON TRIBUTE]

If anyone ain't down with this crew for Spain, you better get yourself acquainted...

Gil Scott Heron - Home Is Where The Hatred Is

Such a timeless chill track imo.  forever the ultimate starving artist anthem!!

Back
Top Bottom