Post Your Motorcycle

Last edited:
FINALLY GOT SOME STANDS FROM MY LADY FOR XMAS.

I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY.... CHAIN CLEANING WITH NO STANDS = :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Always wanted to know from an outsider looking in, is there cliques in biker groups that only mess with folks that ride the same kinda bikes?

Excuse my ignorance but I mean like the ninja bike dudes only ride with folks that ride ninja bikes, scrambler folks only mess with fellow scramblers or big Harley bike enthusiast only mess with other Harley type bike riders? I'm sure there's other styles on bikes but that's all I know...

Does anyone ever cross paths and ride out together no matter the style of bike?

I dont ride with anyone but you have some people that ride a variation and some that stick to their class of bike... Bikers of all kinds usually give this little low "wave" as they pass each other. No written rule on who to roll with though, I've seen Boulevards with Busas.

Always wanted to know from an outsider looking in, is there cliques in biker groups that only mess with folks that ride the same kinda bikes?

Excuse my ignorance but I mean like the ninja bike dudes only ride with folks that ride ninja bikes, scrambler folks only mess with fellow scramblers or big Harley bike enthusiast only mess with other Harley type bike riders? I'm sure there's other styles on bikes but that's all I know...

the answer to both questions is yes, we as humans are a social lot, so most people are cool to ride with whoever else shares an affinity for getting around on 2 wheels. but no matter what the activity is trust there are a group of people that will group up around it, finely dissect it, and split off into smaller groups based on small distinctions in said activity; there are all types of biker cliques & MC clubs, from trackday enthusiasts to cruisers and everything in between...

I dont ride with anyone but you have some people that ride a variation and some that stick to their class of bike... Bikers of all kinds usually give this little low "wave" as they pass each other. No written rule on who to roll with though, I've seen Boulevards with Busas.

when i first started riding i was so geeked to be on my bike and figured out the waving thing, i'd wave to every rider it was then that i noticed that a lot of the harley riders didn't wave to sportbike riders; i'd still wave though; now i don't really wave unless other riders wave to me 1st and i see it in time...

:smh:

IVE ONLY HAD MY BIKE SINCE AUGUST SO WHAT IVE NOTICED IN THIS SHORT TIME HERE IN MEMPHIS IS YOU WILL SEE "MIXED" BIKE CROWDS ON OCCASION. BUT PRIMARILY SAME TYPE OF BIKES RIDE TOGETHER. SPORTIES WITH SPORTIES, CRUISERS WITH CRUISERS.

ME PERSONALLY, IT DOESN'T MATTER, WE ON 2'S AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. IN MY CASE, I HAVE A SPORT BIKE AND MY LADY HAS A HARLEY AND ITS ALL GOOD.

AS FAR AS "THE WAVE", I GET IT FROM 99% OF RIDERS IN PASSING,NO MATTER THE TYPE OF BIKE AND I GIVE IT 99%(SOMETIMES YOU CANT HIT THE WAVE WHEN TURNING :lol:)

Does anyone here motovlog or rock a gopro when riding?

I'm thinking about getting a gopro just in case something ever happens and I need evidence. Is gopro the best for that? Are there any alternative action cameras you guys recommend?

Last edited:
Yeah the Harley crowd can be real C words to sportbike riders :lol:

THAT MUST BE A REGIONAL THING, :lol:

might be, though i rode from boston to as far south as birmingham then back up to chicago this past summer on a sportbike and what i noticed was that sportbike riders almost always waved, cruisers/harley riders would wave pretty consistently when my bike was packed with my stuff while on the road state to state, but rarely when i was just riding around normally, and i'd say generally if you do the wave to another rider 1st, most riders tend to wave back; it's just that i noticed that the cruiser/harley's didn't initiate the wave 1st to sportbikes...

Does anyone here motovlog or rock a gopro when riding?

I'm thinking about getting a gopro just in case something ever happens and I need evidence. Is gopro the best for that? Are there any alternative action cameras you guys recommend?

if you just want a camera for video, a decent no name action cam can be scooped for the low, but if you want features like gps, image stabilization, etc. you will want to go with the more established brands...do your googles and you should find many comparisons on this very subject

How often do you guys replace your helmets? Mine is going on 5+ years so I've been looking around. Just curious.

How often do you guys replace your helmets? Mine is going on 5+ years so I've been looking around. Just curious.

i try to scoop one with every new riding season...that way i have a nice rotation that i can switch up! i've had quite a few helmets to the point i have given a few away...

i try to scoop one with every new riding season...that way i have a nice rotation that i can switch up! i've had quite a few helmets to the point i have given a few away...

IIRC your bike is your primary mode of transport, right? That makes sense then, I'd probably do the same. Came up on a good deal on a mid-range HJC. Also decided to give the Pinlock visit a try.

What kind of lids do you have? Which brand or model is your favorite? I've only ever used HJC for their price and how they fit my head.

yea i've only owned motorcycles for the past 9 years, i honestly don't have a favorite...i go by how much i like the design, how good it fits, and how much it costs, pretty much in that order. i've had arai, bell, hjc, icon, shark, speed and strength, and a few other low budget joints that were poor decisions because i bought online without knowing the fit. whenever possible i just go to a shop and try on models i'm interested in and by online if the shop price isn't close to the online price...

I have an arai corsair v and I love how the visor looks. But I also have a shoei rf-1200 which I like the fit better than the arai.

Yeah I love Arai graphics but I have a Shoei shaped head so I put away my Tommy Gun RX7 and got a RF1100 in a trade for an NES Classic. I copped a Schuberth SR2 but its too tight and I gotta send it back.

Shoei RF-1200.

You're supposed to replace lids every 5 years and any time you're involved in a wreck.

Word. I'm just coming into my 5th year with my current helmet so I just ordered a new one. I was just curious about how many of you guys adhere to the adage. I know others out there claim that standard is BS, but for a couple hundred bucks a year to protect my noggin, I'm not taking my chances.

Also curious as to how many of you guys wear ear protection while riding. Another thing you're supposed to do, but I have never done so. I probably already have some hearing loss. Maybe I'll start wearing some plugs.

Back
Top Bottom