Post Your Motorcycle

Italian bikes aren't reliable? Aesthetically my favorite bike of all time is still the 04-05 GSXR 750, back before they started using +30 pieces of plastic to make a set of fairings.

Italian bikes aren't reliable? Aesthetically my favorite bike of all time is still the 04-05 GSXR 750, back before they started using +30 pieces of plastic to make a set of fairings.

it isn't that exactly that italian bikes are not reliable, though i do think european/italian bikes are more expensive to maintain/repair, it is more that the japanese bike are so bulletproof in comparison...the have their inline fours dialed in...

it isn't that exactly that italian bikes are not reliable, though i do think european/italian bikes are more expensive to maintain/repair, it is more that the japanese bike are so bulletproof in comparison...the have their inline fours dialed in...
Yeah Im not looking forward to my 7k mile valve adjustment on the 848, gonna be close to a grand.

Last edited:
^ I'd get an Aprilia RSV4 since their depreciation is so significant and the engine & handling characteristics are so great, but with poor dealer support, limited supply of parts, cost of maintenance, and 2-3k mile valve adjustments I'll just admire them from a far.

Got some kevlar riding denims from UglyBros.

Getting rid of my sportster in the next few weeks..

can you guys recommend me a standard bike for around $2500 and under?

I'm looking towards the older GS500..but just curious as to what else is around for that price range.

Really looking for a bike where i'm more or less sitting straight.

Need that single side swingarm action. Keep meaning to try a Panigale, heard they're more comfortable than the previous Ducs

Last edited:
New rider lookin for some input.

Are old (70s to 80s) "rebuilt" cafe racers good for beginners? Or does it make more sense to start out on a newer sport bike that's been built in the last 10 years or so?

I'm not mechanically gifted at all so I'm weighing the risks of buying a rebuilt 40 year old bike.
Looking at something less than 500cc for either bike if that matters.

Damn I thought they fixed that by moving the exhaust system under the belly. My 848 cooks my leg every time I put my foot down at a light.

Nope, still a problem. Had I known before I bought the bike I would have gone in a different direction. Absolute BLAST to ride for the first 20 minutes though. Good luck after that.

Need that single side swingarm action. Keep meaning to try a Panigale, heard they're more comfortable than the previous Ducs

They are NOT. And the heat is a pain, litterally.

swapped bikes with my old boss for a lunchtime ride, he had a 749...twitchy-est bike i've rode, i felt even less confident on it than when i 1st learned...

New rider lookin for some input.

Are old (70s to 80s) "rebuilt" cafe racers good for beginners? Or does it make more sense to start out on a newer sport bike that's been built in the last 10 years or so?

I'm not mechanically gifted at all so I'm weighing the risks of buying a rebuilt 40 year old bike.
Looking at something less than 500cc for either bike if that matters.

wouldn't have to be a sport bike, but the convenience of fuel injection over carburetion...highly probable you will have to deal some issues with a rebuilt 40yo bike, the upside of that is older bikes, i think anyways, they are generally less cramped for space & easier to work on

Damn I thought they fixed that by moving the exhaust system under the belly. My 848 cooks my leg every time I put my foot down at a light.

Nope, still a problem. Had I known before I bought the bike I would have gone in a different direction. Absolute BLAST to ride for the first 20 minutes though. Good luck after that.
:lol: saw your pic and was going to ask how it was. I heard the underseat heat is unbearable & there's a lot of starter issues. Its a sexy bike & Im a fan of its engine and power, but for ~$15k I'd rather get a newer more reliable liter bike. I've read that an aftermarket exhaust MIGHT help with the heat tho, but for a Duc that's gonna be bread.

Last edited:
Yeah Im not looking forward to my 7k mile valve adjustment on the 848, gonna be close to a grand.

ME NEITHER. GONNA BE EXPENSIVE BUT HOUSTON SUPERBIKES ON 59S HAS BEEN MORE THAN FAIR TO ME FOR ALL MY NEEDS. DEF WILL PROB BE THE CHEAPEST IN HOUSTON.

They are NOT. And the heat is a pain, litterally.

I HAVE AN 848 DUCATI STREETFIGHTER WITH CARBON FIBER TERMIS. I FEEL ALMOST NO HEAT. YOU CAN ALSO GET THE PIPE WRAPPED AS WELL.

Last edited:
ME NEITHER. GONNA BE EXPENSIVE BUT HOUSTON SUPERBIKES ON 59S HAS BEEN MORE THAN FAIR TO ME FOR ALL MY NEEDS. DEF WILL PROB BE THE CHEAPEST IN HOUSTON.
I HAVE AN 848 DUCATI STREETFIGHTER WITH CARBON FIBER TERMIS. I FEEL ALMOST NO HEAT. YOU CAN ALSO GET THE PIPE WRAPPED AS WELL.
I have the short carbon termis too but when I put my right leg down at a light it's baking me. May look into that wrap.

Last edited:
Riding season is upon us for those of us in the Northeast. Gotta change my oil/filter and clean my chain then I'll be back on two wheels.

Out of curiosity, has anyone in here used car oil in their bike rather than motorcycle oil? I was curious about the difference and some people claim it's all marketing and others say they've done it and killed their engine.

Back
Top Bottom