Post Your Motorcycle

any ideas on what type of jacket to get to ride with? the warm weathers so close i can already hear my bike running

I got 3.
A leather with liner for Cali winter n srs rides(Take out the liner when warmer. ).
A nylon/mesh for summer. (Also use a Passenger coat)
And a icon vest to cruise the beaches n downtown during the Summer.
#MyBawdyIsReady

I got 3.
A leather with liner for Cali winter n srs rides(Take out the liner when warmer. ).
A nylon/mesh for summer. (Also use a Passenger coat)
And a icon vest to cruise the beaches n downtown during the Summer.
#MyBawdyIsReady
You can never go wrong with anything Leather and Alpinestars

cool im gunna look into them because when i leave for work its like 5am and its brickkkkk i made that mistake one morning thinking it would warm up and it was 23 degrees

Looks like riding season is upon us down in Hampton Roads. Took the cover off my FZ6R and lubed her up yesterday. Thinking about selling it and picking up a ZX6R or a CBR600.

Fellas I'm thinking bout doing some shady business so I just got approved for a bike at my bank. The guy i was dealing with flat out said I need full cover all yr round with coll and liability.

But I'm thinking after getting the bike just down grading my insure back to liability or just cancel it all the way. Hany of you guys done this and I know it sounds risking but I'm not down to pay 190/month just for insurance.

^downgrade it if you want but having no insurance is just irresponsible and selfish.

Fellas I'm thinking bout doing some shady business so I just got approved for a bike at my bank. The guy i was dealing with flat out said I need full cover all yr round with coll and liability.

But I'm thinking after getting the bike just down grading my insure back to liability or just cancel it all the way. Hany of you guys done this and I know it sounds risking but I'm not down to pay 190/month just for insurance.
where you live at if they hitting you with 190 month? geez i left nationwide b/c coverage 120/per month. i bought my bike in the off season and didnt ride so i just comprehensive in case stolen or damage, which was $25. ive gotten quotes from progressive for 55/month and need to talk to geico 52. 

I don't know how you're paying that much for insurance. I was a brand new rider last year and got $100/month through progressive.

You can't do this unless the title is in your name. Since it's the bank's bike, you have to get full coverage. You can't downgrade the insurance.

1. Post more pics of that Triumph

2. What does everyone have for insurance? I've had Progressive for two years. For my new 07 1000, they want basically $1000 for a year. I think that's too much but the lady was saying it's gonna be hard finding anything much cheaper. I'm a call a few other insurances tomorrow at work but I'm curious what some of y'all have. I'm asking people with just a bike under their insurance. Not a home or a car included with their bike on their package because that makes a big difference.

Update on my situation:

I took the battery to Advanced Auto Parts.  They ran a test and said it was low and needed a charge.  Left it overnight for it to charge and picked it up the next day.

I put the battery back in but it still wouldn't start.  Jumped start it and ran it around the block and now it is back to turning on/off normal.

Switched to 93 premium like you guys said.

Now in the works of trading this bike for the CBR 600 (checking out the bike tomorrow).

Thanks to those who helped me out and cared for my situation.

Big shout out to the big bro @Egaroc1 for taking me under his wing.

Update on my situation:
I took the battery to Advanced Auto Parts.  They ran a test and said it was low and needed a charge.  Left it overnight for it to charge and picked it up the next day.
I put the battery back in but it still wouldn't start.  Jumped start it and ran it around the block and now it is back to turning on/off normal.
Now in the works of trading this bike for the CBR 600 (checking out the bike tomorrow).
Thanks to those who helped me out and cared for my situation.
Big shout out to the big bro @Egaroc1 for taking me under his wing.
No prob lil bro. When u get that 600 ur summer bout to be turntup.

selling my bike...
05 Suzuki 600cc

i really need to get this '12-13 'Busa or if the price is right a older version...

(In or around NYC if interested)

Don't do it champ.  If your bike gets stolen or worse yet if you get into an accident of some kind your going to be truly pissed at yourself if you can't put full coverage back onto your bike and have to pay all the expenses to fix your bike and having to pay your monthly bill for a bike that you can't ride.  It's not WORTH it (in more ways than one) to try and save a few bucks here and there only to end up paying more in the long run.  Just pay the full coverage, better say than sorry. 

Also, look around for other insurance providers.  Statefarm, Progressive, and Geico for example.  You should be able to do better than $190 a month, even with full coverage.
2. What does everyone have for insurance?
I have Statefarm for my bike insurance with nothing else on that policy.  For FULL coverage I pay somewhere between $86-$93 a month.  I just get it deducted from my account each month. 

Now in the works of trading this bike for the CBR 600 (checking out the bike tomorrow)
That's good.  Hopefully the change in fuel works for you.  Also, not sure if you know or not but the Friday's in Greenbelt, MD on Wednesday night is bike night.  There is always a good turn out there. 

I'm in Canada and they quoted me $498 for full coverage. Smh the State Farm rep said it'll drop to $158 when I turn 25 in June. $55 a month is crazy. I need to move to the states insurance is ridiculous here.

appreciate fellas...progressive got me quoted for 119 so far. still not diggin that price either. Riding season is here and i refuse not to be riding this year.

I've got a question for you seasoned riders out there. How big of a jump in power am I looking at between say a CBR600, and a CBR1000? I ride an FZ6R now, which has the older R6 motor. I've never had any trouble handling it and I'm very cautious especially since I'm in the military so I have to keep my nose clean so to speak. I'm about 6 ft 220 lbs so size isn't an issue for me. Just looking to get some opinions on what my next move should be. Do you think the 1000 is too much?

Back
Top Bottom