Post Your Motorcycle

I've got a question for you seasoned riders out there. How big of a jump in power am I looking at between say a CBR600, and a CBR1000? I ride an FZ6R now, which has the older R6 motor. I've never had any trouble handling it and I'm very cautious especially since I'm in the military so I have to keep my nose clean so to speak. I'm about 6 ft 220 lbs so size isn't an issue for me. Just looking to get some opinions on what my next move should be. Do you think the 1000 is too much?

Did u take the advance sport rider course as required by most navy and marine duty stations? If not, I can link u to the enrollment site. It's free and is a real good class for sport bikes. This will build ur confidence in the way u handle ur bike.

I have a 2010 Ducati monster for my commuter. Love it, but since it was designed as a commuter it runs out of steam up top. Thinking of adding a Ducati 848 evo to the mix for a little more oomph. I just love the sound and torque of the duc l twin motors.

happen to be tryna sell my 848 right now. it's an '09 though, but I'm not in a rush to sell it to all the lowballers on Craigslist. great bike though I'm sure you'd love the evo.

Last edited:
Did u take the advance sport rider course as required by most navy and marine duty stations? If not, I can link u to the enrollment site. It's free and is a real good class for sport bikes. This will build ur confidence in the way u handle ur bike.

I haven't taken the advanced course because the air force doesn't require you to for on base riding credentials. I rode throughout last season and well into the winter, I'm not lacking confidence in my abilities. However I'm not naive enough to think I'm an expert. I wanted to know if the CBR1000 was something I should probably hold off on for the time being until I get my weight up so to speak. I appreciate your suggestion on the advanced class. Things will be slow at work with ongoing budget cuts so think I'll sign up.

Last edited:
I haven't taken the advanced course because the air force doesn't require you to for on base riding credentials. I rode throughout last season and well into the winter, I'm not lacking confidence in my abilities. However I'm not naive enough to think I'm an expert. I wanted to know if the CBR1000 was something I should probably hold off on for the time being until I get my weight up so to speak. I appreciate your suggestion on the advanced class. Things will be slow at work with ongoing budget cuts so think I'll sign up.
U would be fine with the CBR1k..now days theres not a huge diff in 1000cc's over 600s..not like their used to be..especially with the 08+ CBRs the power is more focused in the middle of the bike and the bikes r a little smaller then the 07s and older..get the 1000 u wont be dissapointed

U would be fine with the CBR1k..now days theres not a huge diff in 1000cc's over 600s..not like their used to be..especially with the 08+ CBRs the power is more focused in the middle of the bike and the bikes r a little smaller then the 07s and older..get the 1000 u wont be dissapointed

Thanks for the insight.

whats the catch?!

it has small dings on the fairings... i would give it 8/10 still...

and the catch is.... you'll have to buy your own passneger seat... i dont ride NO one on the back on my baby..

it has a ohlins dampener
micron slip on
power commander III
HID
hot bodies rear wheel hugger
hot bodies undertail delete kit
recessed side turn signals
dual air horns
color matched swingarm spools for if you want to put on a stand
carbon fiber this, carbon fiber that...

NTers on MOTOCYCLES... need some advice...

i'm going to pick a bike up from Oklahoma tomorrow...

i only have a car, so i'm renting a vehicle from enterprise this weekend...

i can choose between a pick up or a cargo van...

which one should i go w/? i've moved bikes before... but in trucks.. never in a cargo van...

also... any hints for to tie down the bike into something secure?

i dont have a motorcycle stand... so i'm out here thuggin on my own...

what yall think???

:nerd: :nerd:

which one should i go w/? i've moved bikes before... but in trucks.. never in a cargo van...

what yall think???

cargo van...

lay it on its side with plenty of blankets.... as if you were stealing it from someone... when you get it home sit it up on its stand for a few minutes before you turn it on again... it'll start up..

OR

uhaul i know sells harness straps, so option two would be to lean it up against the inside of the van and attach it to the wooden rails that the van come with... remember uhaul vans have these rails not sure about enterprise

I'd get some cheap ramps from harbor freight and rent the pickup and use tie downs personally. You don't want a bike on its side unless all the fluids have been drained completely.

what yall think???

rent a pick up.

ask dude to help u load the bike (least he can do)

purchase this ( A MUST PURCHASE) http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/...and/CANYON DANCER/Bar-Harness-2/p/36554_46359

and 2 tie downs from home depot (cheaper) or ur local bike shop( a lil more expensive)

when the bike is loaded on the bed make sure its in 1st gear.

have friends help u unload it when u get home. (be creative.)

FYI
loading the the bike on its side is a ridiculous idea and more trouble n time consuming plan.

Thanks for the responses fambs.

The guy won't be able to help load it. He's fresh off a skiing accident.

Also, no friends to help unload brah ... just a 5'3" yamb. So no go there ...

I have tie downs... I just wonder of the cargo van would be easier to load ...

I'm thinking about bracing it with 2 tires ... I did that before ..

Why did I seriously consider laying it down? :lol:

Just finished day one of motorcycle class. All classroom work but everyone in the class has been riding illegally or with a learners for years. The only guy who hasn't has raced dirtbikes before. I am the damb special-ed kid in the class :smh:

Just finished day one of motorcycle class. All classroom work but everyone in the class has been riding illegally or with a learners for years. The only guy who hasn't has raced dirtbikes before. I am the damb special-ed kid in the class
mean.gif
Congrats champ...........your almost at the finished line.  Even though you are in a class with folks who have been riding for years, don't be afraid or hesitant to ask questions in class, be it to the teacher or your fellow students.  You want to learn as much as possible, besides you paid for it so make sure you get your money's worth. 

If theres any NTers close or semi-close to Louisville lemme know so we can ride

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom