Post Your Motorcycle

Anybody knows a person looking to get rid of their ZX-14 in the tri-state within the next month ??

My boo is still up for sale too...

There's a ZX14 for sale on Hampton Roads craigslist. I know it's not tri state but figured I'd give you a heads up anyway.

still find it crazy all the riders not wearing helmets when i was back in chicago few weeks ago. illinois, iowa and NH are the only three states where helmets are not a requirement for use.

Last edited:
Straight FLEXIN on the highway just now. I'm crunk.

I'm coming back from hooping so I jump on the highway so I can head home. Just as I'm about to get off... an srt8 charger (w/ da hemi) jumps on and ZOOMS past me... I'm like "its ooon famb"

I never got in these unofficial races cuz I had a 6hunna.. but it was kinda late, light traffic, and I was feeling swagged out.

So I catch up to him and were at about 70... all of a sudden, he zooms off again...

I HAWKED his *** down! He was a good distance cuz he caught me off guard and he slid between some cars. I got in the cclear and hit it hard to catch up

Right now we're at around 115... but I'm still iin 4th gear!

Kicked it into fifth and straight flexed out on him... I'm cooking at around 130...

He finally catches up and we exit... he gives me a thumbs up and we part ways...

:pimp: :pimp:

Alright NT i have an absolute noob question so forgive my pure ignorance. I have my motorcycle skills test this Friday to get my license. The bikes we used for the training were Buell Blasts. Now the "friction zone" on the clutch of these things is incredibly small so since i have never ridden before i was stalling out when we had to start and stop on a hill. So my question is if i start to let the clutch out can i roll the throttle before the clutch actually gets into the friction zone so that there is power there when it hits the friction area, or will like that cause me to buck off the line, or is it all dependent on how slow you let the clutch out and i can give it gas the whole time im letting the clutch out?

What i was doing is as soon as i hit the friction zone and hear the bike putter i would then roll the throttle. Some times id buck it a bit but i was ok. But on a hill i can't feel the bike start to move a bit when i hit the friction zone so i was stalling more. I know it sounds stupid but on my bike (that i rode once in a parking lot) I can damn near let the clutch all the way out and the thing won't chug until the very end. Its like my friction zone is huge and its way easier to operate.

Also...ive always wanted a pair of Nike Field Boots ever since i heard they were Tinker's fav shoe nike makes. Anyone think they would be good riding boots?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-438375/pgid-771642

Last edited:
Alright NT i have an absolute noob question so forgive my pure ignorance. I have my motorcycle skills test this Friday to get my license. The bikes we used for the training were Buell Blasts. Now the "friction zone" on the clutch of these things is incredibly small so since i have never ridden before i was stalling out when we had to start and stop on a hill. So my question is if i start to let the clutch out can i roll the throttle before the clutch actually gets into the friction zone so that there is power there when it hits the friction area, or will like that cause me to buck off the line, or is it all dependent on how slow you let the clutch out and i can give it gas the whole time im letting the clutch out?

What i was doing is as soon as i hit the friction zone and hear the bike putter i would then roll the throttle. Some times id buck it a bit but i was ok. But on a hill i can't feel the bike start to move a bit when i hit the friction zone so i was stalling more. I know it sounds stupid but on my bike (that i rode once in a parking lot) I can damn near let the clutch all the way out and the thing won't chug until the very end. Its like my friction zone is huge and its way easier to operate.

Also...ive always wanted a pair of Nike Field Boots ever since i heard they were Tinker's fav shoe nike makes. Anyone think they would be good riding boots?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-438375/pgid-771642
^^ I personally like my boots to be thinner so i can feel the gears with my feet..but yea those boots should be fine

if you feel the bike about to stall out, then give it a little throttle, but make sure it's just a little. either way though, I think you'll be better off just finding the friction zone and keeping the clutch held at that spot until you're ready to start moving the bike from the hill.

^^ I personally like my boots to be thinner so i can feel the gears with my feet..but yea those boots should be fine

Thanks for the responses guys both repped.

I did my whole practice days in Timbs :lol: i def know what you mean about being able to feel the gears. I need something lighter too and more comfortable if i am going to be riding anywhere far. But these are really well ventilated and the free inspired sole should be way more comfortable then my regular Timbs

Tinker Hatfield: “The shoe I wear the most often is the Nike SFB military boot. I’ve got a pair of all-black leather ones. I ride motorcycles a lot, and I wear that shoe the most because it’s kind of cool and it’s a high top. I don’t know. It’s just weird, but it’s really comfortable. It has a Free-type bottom on it.”

:smokin welp this cements it :lol: copping if i past the test

friend from college just told me one of his friends from hs crashed his bike after hitting a pothole taking an exit off the highway. lost one of his legs and broke both his arms and wrists. crazy stuff. he'd apparently been riding for years, but i guess anything can happen at anytime.

Passed the test thank god. Got to get to the MVA now to get the M-Class license :pimp: :pimp:

Don't plan on seeing the highway anytime soon but i am really excited just to take it around the block a few times a week maybe to the gym infrequently and such. You guys use gas treatment a lot on your bikes? Any other maintenance you do regularly?

Also what mods should i make to start? I want to tint my wind shield black (ive had a hard time finding a replacement so i might just tint the current one). I want to remove the stickers off the side (i know they are probably reflective and there for safety but they look dumb to me) and then i will think about new exhaust.

bike currently

what i want it to look like

Be safe out there. If & when I get a bike
I dont plan on ever riding with a group.
Dudes were drivin reckless af..looks like from how fast they were flyin by everything they were doin 150-170..but im not gonna lie i kinda drove like this last nite on I-64..7pm hardly any traffic..there were 4 of us..954 CBR, GSXR 1000, BUSA, and me on my CBR1000...the worst thing is lane sharin at that speed is a huge no..my bro always wants to ride side by side at 100+ ...i ask my gf to buy me a GoPro so i can share videos of my rides..hopefully soon

I need to finally get a bike this year, damn shame..

been wanting to ride since I was a youngin getting paid to record motogp races :lol:

speaking of which marquez :x or so I hear, only been catching the youtube lately but looks hella promising

friend from college just told me one of his friends from hs crashed his bike after hitting a pothole taking an exit off the highway. lost one of his legs and broke both his arms and wrists. crazy stuff. he'd apparently been riding for years, but i guess anything can happen at anytime.

That scares me. I want one but hearing stories like that makes me think twice.

gotdamn............

was it night time?

Thanks for the responses guys both repped.

I did my whole practice days in Timbs :lol: i def know what you mean about being able to feel the gears. I need something lighter too and more comfortable if i am going to be riding anywhere far. But these are really well ventilated and the free inspired sole should be way more comfortable then my regular Timbs
:smokin welp this cements it :lol: copping if i past the test

That whole tinker quote....I have some alpinestars boots that I love, and always wear on longer rides, but I tend to wear a beat pair of black/metallic Jordan v's for my daily commute. No shoe or boot offers anywhere near the protection of a true mc boot like my alpinestars, but the v's are stable on all road surfaces, you feel the shifter well, and they are just overall great outside of the protection area.

Back
Top Bottom