Post Your Motorcycle

Does anybody have more info as far as buying a bike? What you have to do to ride it out with insurance? I'm thinking I'm going out of state to buy a 49 state bike to bring into Cali. Sometime in May I'll have my old man give me a ride to Reno and I'll ride back with it and register it in Cali 7,500 miles later.

insure your damb bike OVER the phone with geico... they'll email you the insurance

registration... ehhh. alot of cats dont have their bike straight with the state anyway, but incase you crash (god forbid) or hit someone else, your covered..

they will flip on you more for not having insurance than papers...

anywho..

im gonna have to do some time over that little bike incident some time back... those that know, know...

tight, but couldve been in jail for years if i didnt take a deal...

ride safe, eyes up, wheels down... and keep a fist in the air for all of us that have to do REAL time for the #BikeLife culture...

every biker IS MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:

to hell with all those "MCs" that started acting funny style when the heat was on...

ya'll have NO HEART, ALL COWARDS...

from now on, it 1% nation over EveryThing...

Judging from your sn, I'm assuming its that incident a few years ago. Stay safe.

Insuring a car takes a few minutes on the web. Put in the vin number and purchase the premium with a credit card. You'll be able to print proof of insurance right away. If purchasing from a dealership, they usually take care of the registration and get plates for you. Depending on your lender, you may or may not require full coverage on your bike. The bike is technically not yours if you're financing, so the lender needs to protect their asset by requiring full coverage should anything happen. I have heard that after you submit proof of full coverage, you can change it...which is what I'm planning on doing during winter months.

Not really sure what the registration would be like if you're in Cali purchasing a 49 state bike due to the CA emissions. You can still purchase insurance for it, but I doubt you'll be able to register the bike with the state of CA.

Judging from your sn, I'm assuming its that incident a few years ago. Stay safe.

Insuring a car takes a few minutes on the web. Put in the vin number and purchase the premium with a credit card. You'll be able to print proof of insurance right away. If purchasing from a dealership, they usually take care of the registration and get plates for you. Depending on your lender, you may or may not require full coverage on your bike. The bike is technically not yours if you're financing, so the lender needs to protect their asset by requiring full coverage should anything happen. I have heard that after you submit proof of full coverage, you can change it...which is what I'm planning on doing during winter months.

Not really sure what the registration would be like if you're in Cali purchasing a 49 state bike due to the CA emissions. You can still purchase insurance for it, but I doubt you'll be able to register the bike with the state of CA.

Sweet, thanks for the info fam. I'm gonna actually call the harley davidson dealership to ask if they have any experience or know how to get that bike into Cali. I'm just trying to find some info on the difference in performance between a 50 state bike and a 49 state bike.

polo sport nyc polo sport nyc Stay safe while inside man.

Went to Yamaha's Demo Day on Saturday. I got to ride a FZ6R which was fun. Loved having the extra power. Felt very comfortable riding a 600. I tried to ride an FZ-07, but the wait was over 3 hours. Had some great convos, meet some cool people. Love the brotherhood of riders.

Also, it was my first time doing a group ride. Very fun.

They had a bunch of R1s too. They look so sick in person. Had a nice amount of R3 which compared to my ninja 300 looks like a more expensive bike, well put together, and it costs less.

Last edited:
Went to ride to work and my bike wouldn't stay running. Feels batman :rolleyes tryna get my girl to bring me the battery so I can throw it on the tender while I'm at work. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Gina was giving me trouble the other day. Gotta drop $300 to get her serviced. Not tripping though, is rather do that than to have a much more costly issue down the line.

That doesn't sound like a battery issue if it doesn't want to stay running unless I'm misunderstanding you.

My bike is in the shop now. Chain was getting loose and going bad so they're putting on a new one.

Yeah. The battery is supposed to recharge itself while the bike runs. It may be a problem with your stater and rectifier. That happened to me two seasons ago when I first got my gixxer. :smh:

Meh I'm gunna start with the cheapest thing first. If the charged battery fixes it I'd be happy. I just rode it last week without any issues. My stator/rectifier was replaced for a recall when the shop changed my master cylinder.

Been over three years now with her. I don't see myself ever getting rid of her.

Sometime last year I think to bike week or biketoberfest:

The great thing about FL is its nearly riding season year round. Rainy season is starting, I've been caught in torrential downpours, at that point you get so wet you just laugh all the way home soaked to your toes haha good times.

Keep the shiney side up NT :smokin

Walter..

I'm going to look at a CBR250R and Ninja 250R tomorrow from private sellers. I decided on 250's since the only experience I have is taking the BRC class and it really humbled me to not want to start on a bigger bike. Any suggestions on what I should keep an eye out for specifically? Also the sellers want to hold cash during the test ride which I'm somewhat hesitant towards since I'll probably be going alone. 

I'm going to look at a CBR250R and Ninja 250R tomorrow from private sellers. I decided on 250's since the only experience I have is taking the BRC class and it really humbled me to not want to start on a bigger bike. Any suggestions on what I should keep an eye out for specifically? Also the sellers want to hold cash during the test ride which I'm somewhat hesitant towards since I'll probably be going alone. 

Definitely don't go alone, take someone with you.

Ask to see the title to make sure they have it and that it's in their name. Make sure you look at tire tread wear/condition, chain and sprocket wear/condition, condition of brakes, ask for service paperwork, check fluid levels, try your best to get a cold start, listen to any noises that may seem off. When in the test ride, feel for how smoothly the clutch and how firm brakes are, pay close attention to how smooth or rough shifting between gears is, make sure all turn signals and head/brake lights work. Check and see if all bolts are in place, plastics aren't held in place with zip ties, look for marks in stator/clutch covers, handle bars, and plastics to see if there are any apparent scratches of the bike being laid down in any way, look at the condition of the wheels. Inspect the condition of the plastics and of the radiator to ensure no cracks or holes are in it. Inspect forks and rear spring to make sure there are no leaks and they bounce back properly after pushing down on them.

Idk, it's been YEARS since I've purchased used, but this seems to be a good list of things to go over. I'm sure I missed a few key things to look for, anyone else?

Walter..

The great thing about FL is its nearly riding season year round. Rainy season is starting, I've been caught in torrential downpours, at that point you get so wet you just laugh all the way home soaked to your toes haha good times.

hahaha, i definitely done this on multiple occasions...some of the most fun i've had on my bike!

Definitely don't go alone, take someone with you.

Ask to see the title to make sure they have it and that it's in their name. Make sure you look at tire tread wear/condition, chain and sprocket wear/condition, condition of brakes, ask for service paperwork, check fluid levels, try your best to get a cold start, listen to any noises that may seem off. When in the test ride, feel for how smoothly the clutch and how firm brakes are, pay close attention to how smooth or rough shifting between gears is, make sure all turn signals and head/brake lights work. Check and see if all bolts are in place, plastics aren't held in place with zip ties, look for marks in stator/clutch covers, handle bars, and plastics to see if there are any apparent scratches of the bike being laid down in any way, look at the condition of the wheels. Inspect the condition of the plastics and of the radiator to ensure no cracks or holes are in it. Inspect forks and rear spring to make sure there are no leaks and they bounce back properly after pushing down on them.

that's a good list, i wasn't nearly as thorough when i've bought used...i would definitely try to get someone with you that knows what to look for, even if it means paying. otherwise it might be good to hit up a motorcycle shop near you that does inspections & have the seller meet you there for the potential sale & pay for an inspection on the spot before the test ride (even if you don't end up buying the bike have an inspector walk you through how & what to look for might be worth the price of the inspection)

Back
Top Bottom