Post Your Motorcycle

Anybody have some good recommendations on HID lights? My stock low beam light went out so might as well upgrade. Also, should I get HID for both low and high beam? I mean it wouldn't make sense to just get the low beam right?
At nite i always use my high beam..i wanna make sure other vehicles can see me as much as poss

At nite i always use my high beam..i wanna make sure other vehicles can see me as much as poss

No doubt, I use my high beams at night as well and in the daytime too. Too many close calls with cars not looking out for bikes, smh.

Anybody have some good recommendations on HID lights? My stock low beam light went out so might as well upgrade. Also, should I get HID for both low and high beam? I mean it wouldn't make sense to just get the low beam right?

I bought some hid's from xdcycle.com, 8K to have the output bright with a little tint of blue, 6K if you want to go BRIGHT WHITE http://www.xdcycle.com/discount-mot...-HID-CCFL-Halo-Eyes-Combo-Duel-Projector.html  (I'm sure theres better projectors) and also bought this to connect them to http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Non-H4_Kits/non-h4_kits.html  So far i'm liking them, I dont think I burned them in properly because sometimes I get a very light slightly noticeable flicker. I accidently burned the original wiring harness to the stock headlight plugs (STUPID IDEA) So i had to buy the wiring kit from Eastern Beaver to connect straight to the battery. 

Also, opening the headlights sound dangerous/scary to do, but I did both baking the headlight in the oven (Various tutorials online) and using a heat gun to melt the glue and prying apart the headlight (Bought a heat gun at Lowe's, able to return it after I used it lol) and I'd do the oven, since it's less work to do. 

Finally was able to pickup my dream bike

That link you posted PugLife, has been sold out for a while unfortunately

Going to go get my first bike in a couple weeks. Ive decided to go with the 07 gsxr600, my max is 5k. I'm ready fellas bc this gas for my car is kicking my ***, 110/week for a sedan :stoneface:

Last edited:
Really feeling the draw backs of not having a set of two wheels ever since the weather started improving. Seeing bikes everywhere I turn. :smh:

Miss my R6, but currently looking at getting a GSX-R 750. Was almost talked into financing a 2012 yesterday. :lol: Not eem gonna do it. Craigslisting like crazy.

what part of va are you in? I saw someone riding around on one of those about a week ago. I was jelly, because I didn't get to ride around those 2 or 3 random nice days since I had to have my work phone on me the whole weekend.

also, how tall are you? maybe it's just me or the angle, but you look huge on that bike. congrats though man.

In on bike thread.

My 2004 Suzuki GS500F.

I've been riding it for one season, and I've had my license for about two seasons. Can't wait until the weather warms up and I can ride again.

Finally was able to pickup my dream bike

That link you posted PugLife, has been sold out for a while unfortunately
Ohgawd this is beautiful 
pimp.gif

I missed out on the good weather too in the DMV because of work. Can't wait for Spring.

How do Alpinestars jackets fit? Trying to order one, but nowhere has them where I can try them on.

what part of va are you in? I saw someone riding around on one of those about a week ago. I was jelly, because I didn't get to ride around those 2 or 3 random nice days since I had to have my work phone on me the whole weekend.

also, how tall are you? maybe it's just me or the angle, but you look huge on that bike. congrats though man.

6'3", all of the 06 and newer bikes looks small on me. The 2012 CBR1000 looked like a 600 on me:lol:

I ride around Arlington, Fairfax, Alexandria, MD. Just the Northern VA area for the most part.

Memorial ride for a fellow rider that passed away 2 weeks ago. She was a single mother.
#RipNeysa

Enjoy the up coming warmer weather. But
Be carefull out there bros.

6'3", all of the 06 and newer bikes looks small on me. The 2012 CBR1000 looked like a 600 on me:lol:

I ride around Arlington, Fairfax, Alexandria, MD. Just the Northern VA area for the most part.

yeah i'm 6'3" too and had to get rid of my gsxr600 since i just felt way too big on it. now that i'm seeing the picture on my computer though it doesn't look as bad.

Ohgawd this is beautiful 
pimp.gif

I missed out on the good weather too in the DMV because of work. Can't wait for Spring.

How do Alpinestars jackets fit? Trying to order one, but nowhere has them where I can try them on.
You checked Heysers Cycle or Cycle Gear in Laurel?

Going to go get my first bike in a couple weeks. Ive decided to go with the 07 gsxr600, my max is 5k. I'm ready fellas bc this gas for my car is kicking my ***, 110/week for a sedan :stoneface:

the hell you drive an a8?

Last edited:
Sup everyone?!  After riding the streets on/off for over 10yrs-just sold the street bike and bought myself a track dedicated bike...been going to the track the past 4 years and couldn't be happier!!  

here's my ex-AMA ArcLight Suzuki track bike

and here's my old CBR..

and here's how i TRY to stay in shape for the upcoming season..
laugh.gif

good stuff man. i started doing trackdays 5 or 6 yrs ago, nothing better. i was thinking of making my bike track only, its a pain switching the bodywork from track to street. i only do 2 trackdays/month tho and occasionally ride my bike to work. I definitely dont ride enough for 2 bikes tho

Sup everyone?!  After riding the streets on/off for over 10yrs-just sold the street bike and bought myself a track dedicated bike...been going to the track the past 4 years and couldn't be happier!!  

here's my ex-AMA ArcLight Suzuki track bike

Last edited:
Really feeling the draw backs of not having a set of two wheels ever since the weather started improving. Seeing bikes everywhere I turn. :smh:

Miss my R6, but currently looking at getting a GSX-R 750. Was almost talked into financing a 2012 yesterday. :lol: Not eem gonna do it. Craigslisting like crazy.

i feel you bro ive been looking for a cheap street bike just to have i love my dual sport but sometimes my boys boogy and im just stuck in the background :lol:

Thanks!!  Yea-that's how I started-I had my R1, then that got stolen.  I took a little break for 2yrs then bought a CBR6 and I ended up getting another CBR6 cheap-so I ended turning that into a track only bike.  As I went to the track more and more, I found myself riding the streets less and couldnt wait to hit the track again!  So I ended up selling my streetbike and haven't looked back since!!  

Originally Posted by macky  

good stuff man. i started doing trackdays 5 or 6 yrs ago, nothing better. i was thinking of making my bike track only, its a pain switching the bodywork from track to street. i only do 2 trackdays/month tho and occasionally ride my bike to work. I definitely dont ride enough for 2 bikes tho

Back
Top Bottom