Post Your Motorcycle

what do you riders think of those $3000 entry-level cafe racers/bobbers Cleveland Cyclewerks makes? I kinda wanna cop 1 & mod it into an even more bada** bobber. don't want a huge sports bike with 1000CCs cuz this would only be ridden on weekends/maybe a few quick errands on the weekdays...
never head of'em...

lemme ask the season riders...

how do yall get to a spot on your bike... and not smelling like outside?

i'm thinking about riding to work and school, but dont want to show up smelling like oil and ****...

any tips?
For me, I smell like oil for a few minutes after I get off my bike for about 5-10 minutes or so when I ride my bike to work.  I would suggest wearing a jacket if you don't do so already and then have a change of shoes at your job there for you to change into and maybe some body spray or something to splash on once you arrive at work. 

I will be getting my first bike in the coming weeks and just had a question. All of my buddies who ride tell me that i will eventually go down or drop the bike. Does going down or dropping the bike something that has happend to EVERYONE?

Not everyone but most likely it could happen. Even if you did everything right people in cars just don't look out for bikes really. You have to ride defensively all the time. Everyone I know who rides has gone down except for one.

I mean I've gone down myself on the freeway going about 40 MPH and luckily the traffic was really slow or else I would have gotten ran over. I had pretty bad road rash on my arms and legs because I wasn't wearing my leather, only my vest. So wear you're damn leather! Seriously. It's better to sweat than bleed. If it's too hot then don't ride. But honestly, after I went down I felt I became a better rider because I learned to respect the bike and not try to gun it splitting lanes in traffic at high speed or heading into blind turns too fast. So if there is a silver lining I would say it's that once you go down it's a sobering experience to realize how easy it is to get seriously injured or die from doing stupid ****. It's basically trial and error but you have to go out and ride to find your comfort zone and what type of rider you are. It's the only way. But I think everyone who rides understands and accepts those consequences, so no one is really naive when they hop on their bike.

Nevertheless, I love my bike and ride all the time. Just be careful is all I'm saying. But take that msf course. When I took it there were first timers and old timers there. It's good to lower your insurance and helpful for tips on how to ride you probably wouldn't get elsewhere. I didn't know **** about bikes until I took this course.

thinking about getting this for my first bike now....
either this one or the kawasaki 300 what you guys think??

Last edited:

thinking about getting this for my first bike now....
either this one or the kawasaki 300 what you guys think??

DON'T buy a new bike for your first bike, your gonna wanna get rid of it soon and you'll be stuck in payments. Plus your gonna beat it to death, considering its new the wear and tear a rookie puts on a new bike is crutial, you have to baby a new bike for 1000 miles b4 even hitting high RPM's, you need something cheap and already broken in, but in good condition.

just look for a nice cbr 600, R6 or Ninja zxr6.

DON'T buy a new bike for your first bike, your gonna wanna get rid of it soon and you'll be stuck in payments. Plus your gonna beat it to death, considering its new the wear and tear a rookie puts on a new bike is crutial, you have to baby a new bike for 1000 miles b4 even hitting high RPM's, you need something cheap and already broken in, but in good condition.

i have been but folks on craigslist been OD'ing with the prices on em :smh:
anyone know anywhere i can get a cheap used bike besides craigslist?

been a while. good to see this thread still breathing :pimp:

Sellin my R6 --

Some aftermarket stuff:

* GYTR Slip On
* Ohlins Damper
* Sato Rearsets
* Greg's Flush Blinkers
* Fender Eliminator Kit
* CRG Shorty Levers
* Smoked Windscreen

$6,600 for an NTer (listed on CL for $6800) :smile: Little over 4k miles, clean title in hand, never dropped and is quite the looker.

I'm in the Bay Area -

i have been but folks on craigslist been OD'ing with the prices on em :smh:
anyone know anywhere i can get a cheap used bike besides craigslist?
me
Man, you aint neva lie. Dudes be havin over 10k in mileage, which aint bad if it's been taken care of, but dudes be talking bout cracked frames, dropped more than once, need tires, etc and want nothing less than $3000 for a small engine bike

how experienced of a rider were any of you before you attempted a long distance ride? how far was it? how did you prep?

i want to do a road trip from md to chicago when the weather gets warmer (before it gets too hot tho) but ive only been riding for a few months. im a little hesitant considering thats about 1600 miles roundtrip.  

how experienced of a rider were any of you before you attempted a long distance ride? how far was it? how did you prep?

i want to do a road trip from md to chicago when the weather gets warmer (before it gets too hot tho) but ive only been riding for a few months. im a little hesitant considering thats about 1600 miles roundtrip.  

if you don't think you can do it, i wouldn't suggest that you take such along trip; it isn't something you can take lightly...longest i've done was 400+ miles just this past summer on my 600rr, i been riding for a good while though...what is the longest ride you have been on thus far? if you are going to make a long trip like that you are probably going to want to plan in out (obviously) as far as route (might be a good idea to bring a physical map too, never know when the gps might cut out on you!) & hotel/motel stay(s), because, especially being a less experienced rider, you don't want to feel as though you NEED to rush ang getting fatigued will decrease your awareness, so plan to take MANY breaks and bring/buy snack & liquids/water for/along the trip. you might also want to try to find out where you might encounter dear so you know to be aware/ready for that. inspecting your ride, making sure you have fix-a-flat, tools, spare fuses, etc' so if something goes wrong you can address it. i think as long as you took your time & didn't ride beyond your ability, it would be a great experience and maybe come out a better rider for it!

Got rid of my R6. Looking to get a 750 GSX-R sometime in the next few months. Man I miss being on two wheels. But the cold months have made it bearable.

My 250 Ninja. Had this for about 2 years now and I would say I regret buying it. Outgrew it real fast. Plus I ride with a group and I stay getting dusted. Need to upgrade fast but shoes and the money I make don't really help my cause.

2006 CBR 600RR (Had to get another one after selling my 04)

Got it for a steal.. 4,000
Has 5,000 miles on it.
Just bought new tires for it.

Last edited:
Does anyone here know about Harleys? Im looking at an 06 screamin eagle for 7000, is that a good price?

^^Nice R1..i like the yellow ghost flame R1 tho instead of that grey..i like the 09+ model..that would be my 2nd choice of bike behind the CBR

Anybody have some good recommendations on HID lights? My stock low beam light went out so might as well upgrade. Also, should I get HID for both low and high beam? I mean it wouldn't make sense to just get the low beam right?

Back
Top Bottom