Post Your Motorcycle

NT Mechanincs, help me out.

I gotta 07 CBR 1000

Brand new battery last summer

Start it up today, take it down the street and get gas.

Starts up again, ride about 45-55 minutes. Go in a store for about 10 minutes.

Starts up again, ride for an hour or so. Stopped for 30 minutes.

Starts up again, rode for about an hour.

Get home and park it in my driveway, it's off.

Go to move it less than a minute later and it won't start. It turns on but won't turn over.

I try again 10-20 minutes later and it started up.

Any idea what it could be? I'm thinking starter but it's weird it started so many times today without an issue and then the shortest time it was off, it wouldn't start.

NT Mechanincs, help me out.

I gotta 07 CBR 1000

Brand new battery last summer

Start it up today, take it down the street and get gas.

Starts up again, ride about 45-55 minutes. Go in a store for about 10 minutes.

Starts up again, ride for an hour or so. Stopped for 30 minutes.

Starts up again, rode for about an hour.

Get home and park it in my driveway, it's off.

Go to move it less than a minute later and it won't start. It turns on but won't turn over.

I try again 10-20 minutes later and it started up.

Any idea what it could be? I'm thinking starter but it's weird it started so many times today without an issue and then the shortest time it was off, it wouldn't start.

so you only had it not start the one time? maybe check your regulator/rectifier & stator?

I'm no mechanic and I'm not at all familiar with CBRs, but when my bike would have trouble starting it was because the starter clutch bolt came loose. Tightening it up fixed the issue.

172mph on the GPS. It was 186mph on the speedo but it hit that before I shifted into 6th. The GPS reading was at 13k rpm in 6th. I'm a big guy though. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:frown: I had one, but it got stolen. My favorite bike.

Dam sorry to hear that. That engine was the top end power monster! Mine is making 172rwhp with custom tune on a PCIII. I could get a few more if I had the new PC5. Which controls all 8 injectors. Not just the lower four like the PCIII that cause a lean condition above 10k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...

What's everyone's gas mileage like? Mine on my '14 R1 is embarrassing.

MY CBR IS A GAS BURNIN SOB :lol: :lol: :lol:

I RESET MY TRIP METER WHEN I FILL UP SINCE I DONT HAVE A GAS HAND.

MY GAS LIGHT POPS ON WHEN I HIT ABOUT 90MILES. AND I CAN MAYBE RUN TO 120MILES BEFORE EMPTY.... MY BIKE RUNS WAY TOO RICH, JUST HAVENT HAD TIME TO GO GET IT RE-TUNED.

I USUALLY DO 90 MPH EXPRESSWAY DRIVING AND ABOUT 50-55MPH ON THE STREET. I'LL GET ON IT FROM TIME TO TIME BUT ITS PRETTY CONSISTENT WITH THE LIGHT COMING ON AT 90 MILES.

About to take my riders course and then get my license. Any bike recommendations? Lookin at around 600cc for my first bike

also how can I get quality gear on a budget? 

Worrrd. Is buying a used helmet gonna be legit tho with the wear and tear? Gonna be financing my bike so Im tryin to finance the gear too 

Worrrd. Is buying a used helmet gonna be legit tho with the wear and tear? Gonna be financing my bike so Im tryin to finance the gear too 

I do not recommend a used helmet. $200 can get you a solid helmet. Helmets save lives so dont be cheap about yours.

I do not recommend a used helmet. $200 can get you a solid helmet. Helmets save lives so dont be cheap about yours.

My b, I should've specified this as well. But as sneakerp said, don't go super cheap on your helmet and definitely go full face.

Bell, HJC, and Scorpion are some budget-friendly brands you can go with. Helmets really depend on how they fit you personally. A DOT approved helmet is the bare MINIMUM you should be riding in, and if you can get something Snell certified, that's even better.

Anyone in here have a proper riding jeans/pants? A solid pair is the only thing I'm really missing from a complete set of gear. All these years I've been riding in normal jeans. (I could use some more substantial gloves too but meh)

MY CBR IS A GAS BURNIN SOB :lol: :lol: :lol:

I RESET MY TRIP METER WHEN I FILL UP SINCE I DONT HAVE A GAS HAND.

MY GAS LIGHT POPS ON WHEN I HIT ABOUT 90MILES. AND I CAN MAYBE RUN TO 120MILES BEFORE EMPTY.... MY BIKE RUNS WAY TOO RICH, JUST HAVENT HAD TIME TO GO GET IT RE-TUNED.

I USUALLY DO 90 MPH EXPRESSWAY DRIVING AND ABOUT 50-55MPH ON THE STREET. I'LL GET ON IT FROM TIME TO TIME BUT ITS PRETTY CONSISTENT WITH THE LIGHT COMING ON AT 90 MILES.

I don't feel so bad :lol:

HJC FTW!!!

Only cuz YOLO is the motto, I bought a novelty German chrome helmet for the days I have my hair braided or what not. I know it's not a smart decision but it gives me a chance to still ride on days I have my hair did without having to take them out.

Picked up a new back insert for my jacket from the local Cycle Gear store.  Gave the jacket a cleaning and had to remove all the armor.  Saw this and just didn't feel comfortable using it again.

Back
Top Bottom