Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Forgot I had this one...

pimp.gif

Peg- e109th and 3rd ave

Cap city- 125th St (btw Adam Clayton Powell and lennox)

If you hit up the Bronx, then hit Fordham Ave for different sneaker spots

4 u-Allerton and white plains ave., bronx.

Brooklyn - just stick to downtown Brooklyn. Various fitted/sneaker spots

Queens - Jamaica mall area. Fitted row!! Various fitted/sneaker spots

If you have time to kill Steinway Ave in Queens had a fitted spot but it is out of the way. Anymore info you could pm me.

Peg- e109th and 3rd ave

Cap city- 125th St (btw Adam Clayton Powell and lennox)

If you hit up the Bronx, then hit Fordham Ave for different sneaker spots

4 u-Allerton and white plains ave., bronx.

Brooklyn - just stick to downtown Brooklyn. Various fitted/sneaker spots

Queens - Jamaica mall area. Fitted row!! Various fitted/sneaker spots

If you have time to kill Steinway Ave in Queens had a fitted spot but it is out of the way. Anymore info you could pm me.
Empire in Soho as well

Cap City is in Jerz, theres also My Fitteds in jersey thats good

^^^ Thanks guys, just ordered the 1989 World Series A's hat that's been scarce forever. Last one too and it's my size 
eek.gif

(Mostly) From old New Era website:

1920: Erhardt Koch starts his own Cap Company - E Koch Cap Co.

1922: E Koch Cap Co. is officially named "New Era Cap Co." producing a full line of Men's casual and uniform caps, but few sporting goods caps. Newsboy or Flappers caps are created - 8 panel wool cap w/ short bill and loose fitting crown top.

1932: New Era's version of the baseball cap begins development.

1934: New Era's 1st pro baseball caps are produced. The Cleveland Indians Home and Away caps. No exclusive licensing - lots of competition for team's business including Minor League, International League, College and Local League.

Early 1940's: Now providing caps to a large clientèle (local, minor, college and Canadian teams) as well as plain caps for local outlets around the country that would sew on patches or lettering as needed. Also made more MLB and MiLB but the majority were 'Private Labels' for Wilson and Spaulding. (New Era made the cap and Wilson and Spaulding would add their own labels {tags} and sell directly to the teams).

Mid 1940's: Honus Wagner (coaching for Pittsburgh) requests a special cap to fit his unusually large head and New Era obliges.

Late 1940's: New Era debuts it's adjustable cap.

1950: Now supplying Brooklyn Dodgers, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians and Detroit Tigers as well as other teams under the Wilson and Spaulding 'private labeling'. New Era is now the ONLY independent maker supplying MLB teams.

1954: New Era's 'Pro' cap is modernized and named the 5950 (aka the 'Brooklyn Style' cap).

Early 1960's: New Era calls for an end to it's private labeling for McAuliffe and Stall & Dean brands - a task that took most of the 1960's to meet. To win teams directly, incentives were given including cleaning and reconditioning.

1965: Supplying about 10 MLB teams.

1969: Supplied Special caps for Apollo 11.

1974: 20 of the 24 MLB teams were signed up with New Era.

1978: New Era experiments with 'direct marketing' by running an ad in the Sporting News for Pro Fitted hats for $12.99. Response was overwhelming
and helped shape the fan driven pro licensing boom that hit in the 80's.

Early 80's: Now selling to colleges, local, MiLB, tennis, golf, custom order, military and 23 of the 26 MLB teams.

1986: In conjunction with MLB the 'Diamond Collection' Pro 5950 Cap (same as before) is sanctioned as an Offcial on-field product.

1987: Most caps have switched from leather sweatbands to cloth.

Late 1980's: Wearing "the cap the pro's wear" is now a major baseball fan element.

1991-2: MLB Batterman debuts on back of caps.

1993: New Era is granted the 1st EXCLUSIVE license with ALL of MLB to produce 'on-field' pro caps for ALL teams.

1994: All teams now sports grey underbrims.

Mid 1990's: Raised logo embroidery.

1996: Spike Lee personally requests a RED NYY Cap starting a new fashion trend.

1997: The New Era 'Flag' is introduced and has become a fashion statement in its own right.

2005: New Era unveils the "blue box' logo incorporating the 'flag' image and it's new slogan - "Originators of the True Fitted".

2006: On-Field low crowns made widely available.

2007: Switch to polyester fabric. Black underbrims for on-field caps.

Last edited:
So by around 1985...23 of the 26 MLB teams were predominantly wearing New Era...

Boston Red Sox - wore Devon Professional Caps
Philadelphia Phillies - wore Wilson/ANNCO Caps

The Mets also wore Devon but stopped before the Red Sox & some teams like the Astros & Braves wore Roman Pro into the early-mid '80's...
Also, some teams in the mid-late '80's ordered Sports Specialties caps with New Era hand-and-hand; like the Oakland Athletics.
So I'm not 100% sure on the 3rd team that didn't rock mostly New Era...or if it's really one team or a conflation...

Any of yall's favorite team one of the teams that mostly wore a different company other than New Era in da 1980's???
Any of yall have an example in the collection??? :nerd: Leather sweatbands? :nerd: Not replicas???

Phillies/Red Sox/Mets fans?

Last edited:
Any of yall's favorite team one of the teams that mostly wore a different company other than New Era in da 1980's???
Any of yall have an example in the collection???
nerd.gif
Leather sweatbands?
nerd.gif
Not replicas???

Phillies/Red Sox/Mets fans?
even tho this one is still NE its dope to see a vintage leather sweatband versions

Philadelphia A's

Does anyone know where I can find a grey underbrim Yankees fitted with no side patches? I bought 3 from ecapcity a few years ago but it's time to reup and I see they are sold out. Anywhere else have them? Not having any luck online.

Where can I go to find good deals for fitteds? Also can someone recommend me where to find Anaheim Ducks fitteds? Tried NHL.com and lids.com but they have a small collection.

Where can I go to find good deals for fitteds? Also can someone recommend me where to find Anaheim Ducks fitteds? Tried NHL.com and lids.com but they have a small collection.
Sites that I frequent are

ebay

myfitteds

ecapcity

hatclub

@kix28  

Last edited:
Reactions: Ube
Can anyone help me out in finding a Yankees 2009 WS patch hat in size 7? Ive tried every site and can't seem to find one in a size 7. Also, has anyone had problems with 4Ucaps? Ive ordered twice from them and twice I've had my card info stolen. It usually takes like 2-3 days after i have ordered from there that someone is using my card to buy stuff. 

Can anyone help me out in finding a Yankees 2009 WS patch hat in size 7? Ive tried every site and can't seem to find one in a size 7. Also, has anyone had problems with 4Ucaps? Ive ordered twice from them and twice I've had my card info stolen. It usually takes like 2-3 days after i have ordered from there that someone is using my card to buy stuff. 
No experience from 4Ucaps but from your story, I would stop business with them.

Only 2009 hat i've found. The non gold one they wore in the series, I cannot find online =(

http://www.hatclub.com/new-era-5950...atch-fitted-hat-navy-white-metallic-gold.html

This new logo turned out decent.. only available at the wisconsin state fair tho for now
Still trying to find this..  

i actually had somebody go to the fair to scoop it for me, but they said the shop was closed when they went 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom