Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

These arrived today. $14.97 shipped

Dontt you just love old inventory and rebrandings

The dark red is a 2007 inaugural season 100% wool, made in usa. Surprised to see that there.

I knew nothing of the team before the buy. Aparently they have only been around since 2007 and are a Single A affiliate of the dodgers.

They recently had a rebranding in 2016, so this stuff is likely in the way. Total steals imho. They still have active inventory on all of the ones I got. Big or little heads need only apply.

The dark green seems to date around 2008. It's 100% poly, made in usa. The white appears to be a common era 100% poly, made in the usa.

Overall, one of the best steals I've had in awhile.

Last edited:

Ordered 2 pair cuz of the NE sizing inconsistencies.
Bit to my surprise.... they fit well and tts.
Ones going back toy the store.

What a slap in the face!

They called me just now saying they have it in stock and will ship it to me as soon as I ship the other one back, but they don't have any shipping labels to provide me. "Just ship it back and we'll give you a discount off your next purchase and a complimentary CD" **** these clowns, they'll never see my money again.

Bf shopping complete. I think I averaged out to $14/ hat between everything.

Some eastbay pickups.

Hadn't bought a low crown hat in awhile. Might as well make it a indians. It's surprisngly not too bad considering it's made in China. The stock photo is not low crown. So beware.

Took the bait on the ws patch ne flag indians. Luckily it's made in the usa. Unluckily, the flag is sewn on.

Went with another current era dark navy/red on field. This time two sizes smaller. Oddly it fits. Made In usa.

Lastly a 2012-2015 pirates alternate on field. Very unique shade of gold/yellow. Nearly a brown color. Made in usa.

Overall, through many transactions with eastbay, they have had the best fit all around.

question for the hat experts.

what models have the highest crown?

the only hats i wear are

og braves
og oakland athletics yellow green
and black white white sox

it can be any

fitted...snapback...strapback....any

question for the hat experts.

what models have the highest crown?

the only hats i wear are

og braves
og oakland athletics yellow green
and black white white sox

it can be any

fitted...snapback...strapback....any

5950 or high crown M&N fitteds

Do the vintage (early 90's) 5950's fit the same as the early 2000's greys ? Copped a Seattle joint off eBay.

Do the vintage (early 90's) 5950's fit the same as the early 2000's greys ? Copped a Seattle joint off eBay.

Post a pic

I'm confident they don't

Remember I had bought a teal marlins on field and the fit, crown, and especially the brim were horrible

You mean size wise? Or crown height/shape, etc? All MLB teams switched to grey underbrims (and raised embroidery) by 1994.

The Dodgers, Yankees, Orioles, B'Jays, Red Sox, Tigers, Twins, Brewers & A's were the last 9 teams to switch from green permanently.

Last edited:
It's gonna fit by the crown will be high AF and the brims don't curve

They are made of something plastic or idk

Here's the link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/142204491834

Based off the pics the crown looks good. I would rather it fit snug cause I bend my brims a little bit so that gives a little room to work with.

if just asking about size - most if not all those older wool 5950's shrink over time - without wear - therefore I suggest going up a size (or two even)
compared to modern 5950's made of poly with thinner sweatbands.

As far as comparing it to a 5950 from say 2000 - that 93/94 Mariners should fit similarly as they are both wool with the fluffy white sweatband.
But as a rule - I would always go up at least a size...as they are much easier to shrink down further than permanent expansion.

NE has changed the brims a bit - they are thicker now I think...but I think most brims have had plastic in them for like 50, 60 year+ now...check the vintage NE tags...Dupont visor. Open up a vintage brim that has cracked - it usually some sort of compound...the older it is - the more it will feel like a graham cracker tho.

Last edited:
It's gonna fit by the crown will be high AF and the brims don't curve

I think the crown has changed since the early 90s. Its more round & bulbus now, while maintaining the high crown. The early 90s high crowns had more of
a "stove pipe" look to them. Same height - just a little thinner or slightly more tapered than now. Imo.

Also - one CAN get a a vintage flat brim to curve w/o cracking...though care is required...it involves getting it wet before you bend...

I did that, mine would not curve :lol:

Couldn't wear it anything, ended up throwing it away

I have a 5950 mid 90s Mariners wool hat (on the left in picture 1) and a newer polyester Mariners (on the right in picture 1). Both are 7 5/8. I wish I woulda bumped up a size on the older hat. It fits me but is a little tight.

Back
Top Bottom