Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

After some speculation that the Yankees would do their own thing , like they did by not having their jersey manufacturer logo on their jerseys, we see this

hwl

No one is immune to the flag.

The whole lineup is now on lids.. I puked a little and found some ebay scores of older on fields. The well is running dry though

Last edited:
After some speculation that the Yankees would do their own thing , like they did by not having their jersey manufacturer logo on their jerseys, we see this

hwl

No one is immune to the flag.

The whole lineup is now on lids.. I puked a little and found some ebay scores of older on fields. The well is running dry though

NYC got so many fitted spots, you'll be able to cop older joints for about 3 seasons before they start to dry up, retail chains im sure will liquidate faster to comply with da newest style though.

I heard old ones were getting sent back to get the flag stitched :nerd:

Not sure if true but yea

Not sure if true but yea

When they introduced the batterman on the back - they glued them onto old stock & stitched them onto the new. So what you heard could be true.

Either fans won't care enough to seek out the old(and embrace the new), or we will see shops big and small decide to not lower prices, and possibly raise them. I won't take chances.

Easy pickings on ebay for the time being. Slim pickings but prices are the lowest I have ever seen/ calm before the storm?

I hope he ships but I just got three on fields for $4 :smh:. Shipping was $19 so it made it just an average deal I guess.

I found one seller who is labeling stuff like " Authentic New Era 59Fifty Size 7 7/8 Fitted Baseball Cap " with no team name. Others have the wrong team name. If anyone needs any help, PM me and I can look around for you.

Last edited:
Lids has all clearance hats prices fixed to $10. Many 2016 post season/WS patch on fields, alot of diamond era on fields. Do a search for "new era XP" and you'll see some rockies on fields, padres, and mets, among others.

Not sure if true but yea

Most of the old ones are gonna be marked down on clearence. If you look you can get them for $10 because of the promotion there having. The new ones are slowly showing up in stores

Last edited:
Old ones aren't much better because they are black bottom. At this point it's better to just get a retro with same color flag as the cap if you're not searching eBay for grey bottoms

Some new ebay finds

My luck continues to be bad with the M Minnesota Twins on field. This will be my second "cool base" that is made in China. Maybe some teams were more suspectible to being made there during that era. I want to say it was 2009-2011 when they were made

The other one is a gem. A 2000 WS patch (which seems to be glued on) made in usa 100% wool grey under brim.

I had been looking for my size for a relatively good price for years. It didnt have to have the patch, but I guess thats a plus

More to come

Last edited:
Fun fact, They never wore the all royal blue in that World Series matchup. But I do believe it at least made it to production for fans and such.

Now be cautioned, many customs you see online have the huge subway series patch on the side. I almost took the bait years back. That thing is 100% custom.

Others you have to be careful. The official logo seems to have a ball flying through the top of the logo with white 2000 numbers. The actual on fields have what you see above, a straight line at the top (no ball) and bright orange numbers. Yet many customs you see online have the official logo, and some even have it on the wrong side of the hat.

100% legit to on field specs:
s-l500.jpg

Some random Cooperstown custom on the correct side with the wrong yet "official" logo:
s-l500.jpg

Cooperstown custom on the wrong side with the wrong yet "official" logo:
832699681_o.jpg

Now ebay has sparse listings, with so many of them being used. If not used, many are in the $30-$90 range. Many customs sell for more than the real deal (yet have the wrong logo). Crazy.

Last edited:
fyi wally - getty images is your friend when trying to date a cap or find the correct patch :nthat:

world series pics by year & by team are easy to come by...

sometimes ne printed a patch worn on field during the ws & them a different patch after for the winner whether it says champion on it or not
...they did it with the red sox therefore some confusion as to which patch was actually player worn on field...getty images b...

Some new ebay finds

My luck continues to be bad with the M Minnesota Twins on field. This will be my second "cool base" that is made in China. Maybe some teams were more suspectible to being made there during that era. I want to say it was 2009-2011 when they were made

The other one is a gem. A 2000 WS patch (which seems to be glued on) made in usa 100% wool grey under brim.

I had been looking for my size for a relatively good price for years. It didnt have to have the patch, but I guess thats a plus

More to come

Shyne rocking these to court always made em official to me.

rapper-jamaal-shyne-barrow-returns-to-manhattan-supreme-court-march-picture-id1310234

It never ends. Had my eyes on the grey under USA wool and others fell into my lap

2006-2007 era Mets grey under 100% wool. made in USA on field. A gem.

-------
The others can obviously be dated back to 2009ish.

Some oddities. I have never seen this NE logo in an on field before. It says its made in the usa, 100% poly.. The black one has a cool base stick on the brim dating it to the right era, but on the inside, the tags tend to take themselves a year prior (blue/white ne logo), and it happens to be made in China..

And word to the wise, never place obscure items on ebay at 99 cents. They may only get one bidder :D

Last edited:
To keep with the mets theme, I had a lids gift card that they gave me when one of my hats came defective. So using that plus the $10 lids hat deal, I paid 76 cents for this.

It's the 2016 ''1986" grey under alternate they wore for a few games last year. 100% poly, Made in USA of imported materials. Solid contribution given its price.

There is plenty of stuff in stock on this deal. Crazy to be honest.

To keep with the mets theme, I had a lids gift card that they gave me when one of my hats came defective. So using that plus the $10 lids hat deal, I paid 76 cents for this.

It's the 2016 ''1986" grey under alternate they wore for a few games last year. 100% poly, Made in USA of imported materials. Solid contribution given its price.

There is plenty of stuff in stock on this deal. Crazy to be honest.

Link? I'd take a poly with the grey brim

Hate the black

^ They have most sizes. The larger ones sold out first 8)
https://www.lids.com/new-york-mets-new-era-mlb-xp-authentic-collection-59fifty-cap/20829016

This sale has been going on for what seems like 3 weeks now. Still solid stuff @ $10/hat.

It's a 2016 "1986 TBC" release (included is the blue button on the top of the hat. I want to say that changed in 95-96 to orange). I wish NE would do more of these. It's not like the black fabric is cheaper to use. The grey is out there, and has been used on many TBC (turn back the clock) releases.

It's funny. The BETTER nearly one time use 86' grey under is on clerance, but the regular ol royal blue on field isn't. The choice is easy when something is easily 66% off retail

Last edited:
^ They have most sizes. The larger ones sold out first 8)
https://www.lids.com/new-york-mets-new-era-mlb-xp-authentic-collection-59fifty-cap/20829016

This sale has been going on for what seems like 3 weeks now. Still solid stuff @ $10/hat.

It's a 2016 "1986 TBC" release (included is the blue button on the top of the hat. I want to say that changed in 95-96 to orange). I wish NE would do more of these. It's not like the black fabric is cheaper to use. The grey is out there, and has been used on many TBC (turn back the clock) releases.

It's funny. The BETTER nearly one time use 86' grey under is on clerance, but the regular ol royal blue on field isn't. The choice is easy when something is easily 66% off retail

Shows as $25 :x

edit: never mind its $10 in cart

Hope it fits man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom