Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

I have to order my hats a size up now because all of my wool hats shrink. I did buy a cooperstown collection fitted from mickeysplace that is wool and it has not shrunk after having it for a couple years. I find that weird but will order my regular size again from there.

^ They have most sizes. The larger ones sold out first 8)
https://www.lids.com/new-york-mets-new-era-mlb-xp-authentic-collection-59fifty-cap/20829016

This sale has been going on for what seems like 3 weeks now. Still solid stuff @ $10/hat.

It's a 2016 "1986 TBC" release (included is the blue button on the top of the hat. I want to say that changed in 95-96 to orange). I wish NE would do more of these. It's not like the black fabric is cheaper to use. The grey is out there, and has been used on many TBC (turn back the clock) releases.

It's funny. The BETTER nearly one time use 86' grey under is on clerance, but the regular ol royal blue on field isn't. The choice is easy when something is easily 66% off retail

Shows as $25 :x

edit: never mind its $10 in cart

Hope it fits man
This isnt what you want to hear. I'm more of a legit 7 7/8 to where a 8 can fit me slightly snug. I have both a sz8 and a 7 3/4 of the mets '86 grey under. The 7 3/4 is almost too snug, to the point of me needing to stretch it a bit, and the 8 is probably more like a 8 1/4. Finger width on the sides easily :smh:. The 3/4 is basically the right size. Compared to the 8, which is really closer to a 8 1/4. Neither perfectly fit.

They somewhat get a pass given their price. I would never pay retail online
-------------

Question for those with older on field grey unders (1992-2006 era). Do you tend to see the crown just become sort of soft after time? Is that from storage conditions of prior owners? I have some that still seem stiff (like when you first see it on the store shelves). Where as others which are still brand new, feel completely soft and worn in. They have a true low crown vibe. I have some from 92 that have a stiff high crown and some from '92 that look 20 years old. Same with some from 2006. My latest 2000 mets ws and the 06 grey under have crowns that have sort of lost their "pop".

What sucks is you cant tell from photos. I may be done buying older stock for awhile. A deflated crown is cool and all if youre the one breaking it in. Otherwise, it just doesnt always feel right

This isnt what you want to hear. I'm more of a legit 7 7/8 to where a 8 can fit me slightly snug. I have both a sz8 and a 7 3/4 of the mets '86 grey under. The 7 3/4 is almost too snug, to the point of me needing to stretch it a bit, and the 8 is probably more like a 8 1/4. Finger width on the sides easily :smh:. The 3/4 is basically the right size. Compared to the 8, which is really closer to a 8 1/4. Neither perfectly fit.

They somewhat get a pass given their price. I would never pay retail online
-------------

Question for those with older on field grey unders (1992-2006 era). Do you tend to see the crown just become sort of soft after time? Is that from storage conditions of prior owners? I have some that still seem stiff (like when you first see it on the store shelves). Where as others which are still brand new, feel completely soft and worn in. They have a true low crown vibe. I have some from 92 that have a stiff high crown and some from '92 that look 20 years old. Same with some from 2006. My latest 2000 mets ws and the 06 grey under have crowns that have sort of lost their "pop".

What sucks is you cant tell from photos. I may be done buying older stock for awhile. A deflated crown is cool and all if youre the one breaking it in. Otherwise, it just doesnt always feel right

ReDLLlU9fDqmI.gif

Man I thought you'd come in here with something insightful. Like a scientific reasoning or something Lol

I guess it didn't all make total sense. I'm just seeing a total influx of 2000 era on fields that seem to have low crowns but technically aren't. Just very soft crowns. They are becoming total passes when I look for them online now. Too risky

Other than the Indians wahoo, this has to be my second favorite on field design.

Latest pickup. Too good of a deal to pass up on eBay. 2012 era cool base. Luckily Made in USA. Fit is perfect

These are really drying up on ebay for under retail. I saw one seller list this as a Milwaukee Brewers hat :smh:. Quite a few still trying to get MSRP.

Last edited:
Saw this photo from a retweet from hatclub

sneak peak of what is likely the mlb on fields
C3m9dWoUMAA5_s1.jpg:large

Theyve already been on lids for awhile but seeing them all at once. :smh:

I swear it seems like some of those have extra thick, almost raised NE flags. My Indians WS is like the Minor leagues and other fashion caps (its not raised or extra thick).

NE is going down a new path and its sadly, a new low IMHO

Last edited:
It will eventually move to all being sewn. It's obvious they used old stock and glued logos on em

Some are sewed and others are patches :lol:

That's NE for you. I know when the WS was happening, the in game hats had the flag glued on. Some were even able to buy from the local shops in that manner. Just a few weeks later, I buy a WS Indians, and it comes in, not only sewn on NE flag, but made in USA (of imported materials). Some cubs fans were seeing quite the range of crap. Every variable possible. China made with the flag sewn on. China with glued on etc...

Now some 4 months later, HOW they haven't totally integrated old and new seamlessly? That's crap for what will amount to $40 retail fitteds.

Just gotta say, having old stock retro fitted for the same retail price as what SHOULD BE on the hats is a darn farce. I'm not sure what method they prefer at the moment. Are they wanting all sewn on, or all glued on? The retro fitting is bad practices for the people who buy online.. One size 8 may be sewn on. A sz 7, glued on lumpy patch. I hope retailers take notice

Last edited:
That's NE for you. I know when the WS was happening, the in game hats had the flag glued on. Some were even able to buy from the local shops in that manner. Just a few weeks later, I buy a WS Indians, and it comes in, not only sewn on NE flag, but made in USA (of imported materials). Some cubs fans were seeing quite the range of crap. Every variable possible. China made with the flag sewn on. China with glued on etc...

Now some 4 months later, HOW they haven't totally integrated old and new seamlessly? That's crap for what will amount to $40 retail fitteds.

Just gotta say, having old stock retro fitted for the same retail price as what SHOULD BE on the hats is a darn farce. I'm not sure what method they prefer at the moment. Are they wanting all sewn on, or all glued on? The retro fitting is bad practices for the people who buy online.. One size 8 may be sewn on. A sz 7, glued on lumpy patch. I hope retailers take notice

Unfortunately, it's not the retailer's choice in this case. You get what NE sends you, glued on NE flag be damned.

You've gotta be kidding. Common sense tells you they're in the business of making money. They're not just gonna get rid of all of their old stock or sell it at a discount.

And they're certainly not gonna cater to the 1% of their customers that care that much about every single detail. Nor do retailers care as long as they're selling. And you as a consumer do have the option of not purchasing.

Personally, I don't like the look with the flag and will stay away for a while. Maybe I'll get lucky with old stock. Maybe they'll sell editions without it. I'll just wear what I have and save myself some money for now.

Back
Top Bottom