Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Latest pick up.

Older wool grey unders totally taking me by storm here.

Took a chance with minimal photos. Doesn't seem to matter what team
2006 New York Yankees on field. Made in USA. 100% wool.
IMG_2994.JPG
IMG_2995.JPG

Fit and construction are phenomenal. Pretty much a curved bill/ soft sweatband fit.

Last edited:
Finally some first impressions of the Indians retro classic
IMG_3004.JPG

Fit feels slightly above the norm, dare I say they fit a touch big. Buy Tts or smaller imho.
Overall feel and construction are the best part.

Some glue stains and random long threads definitely not giving this above the made in China custom quality marks. Counting 4 long threads.

Retro classic vs . 1995 on field wool
IMG_3007.JPG

1995 has a brighter hue of red along with just a wider sharper cleaner wahoo. The double outline kills the look of wahoo on retro classic.

Raised wahoo custom vs. retro classic
IMG_3008.JPG

I have two or three spots of random glue stains. Not ideal given price point.
image.jpg

The overall shape and brim feel take it back a bit to the made in USA wool era. The other miscues make this not really worth retail though.

Take your pick though.

I think I'll keep it but still want a wool all navy 2000 era cap. So these caps aren't really replacing much. Sad given their hype. A lower level of Mitchell @ ness sort of jersey replication here

Last edited:
eh looks kinda good.

gonna head to the mall and see if they got any in stock. still don't wanna pay $37 or whatever they charge now

15 new retro classics just dropped. Full size run on all of those new ones. That's the way to do it

We have:
Az diamondbacks aqua/purple original alternate. Although the A on this one is aqua. 100% wrong

Diamondbacks black with bronze D. Batterman wrong color.

Chicago Cubs Red bill. Seems about right

Milwaukee Brewers white M. M seems way too big. Logo shouldn't be flat. Batterman on back is wrong color.

Seattle Mariners teal crown. Navy bill. Aqua color may be off a bit.

Florida Marlins all black. Looks solid.

Colorado Rockies all black. Batterman color flipped on back.

Houston astros navy. Looks solid

Oakland As Kelly green. Batterman shouldn't be there. Underbrim should be green. Total hybrid here.

Tampa Bay rays 1998 all black alternate. Batterman is wrong color.

St. Louis cardinals all red and Boston Red Sox all navy look good.

Los Angeles dodgers 1999 alternate. This should never have come in a flat logo design. Total hybrid.

Much better crop this second time around. Only one or two logo size issues.

Two more I missed on.

Baltimore orioles black. I've never been good at dating their hats. This one looks like it has yellow stitching around the head area. I can't seem to find when they ever did that

San Francisco Giants all black. Logo looks to date back to 1983-1993. Pretty much a World Series era cap. Although the top edge of the F is missing some details. Can't seem to pinpoint an exact look to an era

Sizes dropping fast. Only saw 3-4 size 8s on each of the new ones. Mariners teal already sold out. Who knows if we will ever seen a stock increase. The original 15 still haven't seen full size runs yet. No guarantees.

wallyhopp wallyhopp

Dbacks - Wrong color button and actually wrong color "teal" too on the hat in addition to wrong color "A"

Dbacks copper "D" - "D" is wrong logo if you look closely along w/ wrong color batterman

Giants - the logo is actually from the 70's so this hat is wrong all around since the OG 70's hat had a kelly under and no batterman

Orioles - stitching around the bird's eye is all jacked up, looks real fugazi.

Mariners - Wrong color "teal" as it should be using Northwest Green. Color blocking on logo is wrong too.

Nice corrections jonwin jonwin .

I did end up with a sz 8 mariners 'teal'. Finding that size in the og is impossible.
I'm trying to grasp at NE trying to go do 1993-1995 era but they are just so far off for the most part. I just don't know what era this collection is trying to cover. Nothing makes sense.

Made in America 100%wool in almost any style is a big step over a lot of what's out there. So sadly I'm tending to buy more than I probably should.

Padres got one retro classic in a navy shade closer to the Yankees than their lighter navy color. So pretty much , being way off from s 2003 era cap amounts to NO HYPE.

Their basic navy and all white sd had no hype ever. But it gets released here? Yeah. It's stupid. No hype warranted.

I think they have a padres one :lol: doesn't look any diff than the current one

The "retro" Padres is technically different as it's the dark navy (but they goofed using the Kids-sized logo) while the current On-Field right now is Light Navy lol.

Edit: some reason wallyhopp wallyhopp post didn't show up for me until after I posted the same comment lol

Here's an overview of the Diamondbacks copper snake hat.

1st pic here is the Turn Back the Clock Polyester On-Field from a few years ago. Take notice of the snake's mouth area and how it's "closed mouth" like how the OG hat was.

fD5rFXpl.jpg

2nd Pic is of an actual OG hat, notice how the mouth area is the same as the Turn Back the Clock On-Field

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.12.34 PM.png

3rd pic is front view of the Lids retro which is botched b/c look at the mouth area, it's open mouth and that whole area is just wrong lol.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.13.48 PM.png

Last pic: Batterman color-blocking is wrong if you compare to pics of the OG.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.13.57 PM.png

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 3
Good catch on the dbacks logo. Trrrible omission.

My soul has been deflated. Had these show up the other day.

First the gem.
Pristine quality 1995 Detroit tigers away hat
IMG_3155.JPG

It's actually my second in a months time. Lucky to find my size.
IMG_3156.JPG

Now some duds
People were stating it but now I am seeing it for myself.

Some retro classic pickups

Original on the left. Retro classic on the right. Wrong shade of green as well as the outline on the logo. It totally has the same look as my Cooperstown collection from awhile back. Getting returned.
IMG_3157.JPG

IMG_3158.JPG
Always wanted a Kelly green as but now rhat I have it. Way too bright for my liking

California angels. Solid look but I can fit my whole hand into the side. Literally 2-3 sizes too big. Screw that non sense

Milwaukee Brewers. I just love the gold and green look. But compared to a China custom, I'd rather have a China custom. The logo is too big and flat.
IMG_3159.JPG

Never done this before but all hats are getting returned. Does anyone actually know the lids return process? I see there's a return slip but I don't feel obligated to be the one to pay for return shipping. The one missized hat is enough of a turnoff imho. The whole lineup is defective.

I guess I'm done with the retro classic talk. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
jonwin jonwin
Are they truly the same shade of teal? It doesn't seem like they are from the photos. That northwest teal is hard to showcase in photos. My og on field appears super dark in regular lighting. The hatclub hat has some vibrancy to it. It's hard to show that in photo form, which is why I feel these people who make these decisions base them off of photos and not the real thing. Og teal is dark without a trace of vibrancy. The photos from hat club seem more dull, true to the og color. Your photos seem to make the teal pop.

Re: the brewers retro classic.
I love my 2016 tbtc brewers hat with the flat MB intertwined logo from a year or two prior to the regular M. So this one has the same vintage feel. I just can't get behind hybrids too much. Especially considering the price point. They did get the colors right but it's still getting returned. The made in China custom fits and feels better. And has the correct logo.

Of those 4, Only two hats fit the same, which even for size 8 standards is big. Another I can fit two fingers in the band. And the angels, my whole hand. Do not buy these online.

It's just crazy. I can buy 12 made in USA poly old stock and only get 2 size ranges from clearance sales. But get such wide variety out of the new made in USA stock. Sad. Probably the worst I've seen it. I said awhile back, dating to maybe 2009 when cool base on fields were around. That was the last time, consistency was top notch. It's been varied since and at its worst this year imho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom