Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Hahahaha when I said I don't like black nastys, I meant I don't like the fitteds with the black underbrims. It's a NYC thing :lol:
Anyway I sent you the code, enjoy it.

Hahahaha when I said I don't like black nastys, I meant I don't like the fitteds with the black underbrims. It's a NYC thing :lol:
Anyway I sent you the code, enjoy it.
the black nasty lmfaoo yo imma come clean i've seen some of the most hilarious roast sessions based just off brim color, i can't **** with them tho lol.

Thanks for the code. Even comboing the 20% off, free in store pickup, and a 3% off from ebates, that's still a $19 fitted. About the going rate on eBay generally speaking. Don't think I'll be using it.

Do you know if it expires.

I get it's a style and look thing but would people really rather wear a shotty made in China custom that has a green/grey under with a 5x5 inch side patch and glitter than a quality 2007 era first year poly with a black under? It's looking like yes.

Quality and feel are likely night and day though. One could have style and comfort or atleast we had that with pre 2007 wool caps. Now people have to make tough choices.

Accuracy and quality goes out the window if it's a grey under compared to any black under it seems like. It shouldn't be that way. That retro classic line, atleast for a couple teams should be selling out. Yet I'm seeing more people with flagged authentics than ever before. I mentioned before. But some people tend to just buy their favorite teams cap once a year in early April and call it a day.

I was at the airport a couple weeks back and saw this older white guy sporting a Yankees '03 ws 100th anniversary side patch on field. Looked brand new. A grey under does look better in almost every situation imaginable. I will give them that. The grey unders are sticking out so much now and becoming so rare that I've seen people on eBay give negative feedback because they thought their cap was 'fake'. I still wouldn't say no to a cheap black under.

Expired on the 29th at 3AM.

I personally don't like Poly fitteds periods, they fit my head weird and in my experience the brim doesn't bend the same. Wools look way better on me, all the custom greys I have with the patches are wool, so that goes hand in hand. Black brim just looks horrible imo, I'll make an exception for say a Yankees world series fitted if they won this year.

got the retro classic in hand and damn man , they really ****ed up something that had potential lol so many loose stitches. sizing is meh. def try in store.

Not typically a side flag wearer but I got suckered in here. Didn't really see this drop until it was almost too late.

2017 Minnesota Twins TBTC on field.
IMG_3351.JPG
IMG_3352.JPG

Made in USA with imported materials. Happy to see that the patch is more of a threaded material and not that plastic chrome stuff.

Wouldn't and didn't pay retail. Sizing a bit big here.

nbatugo1 nbatugo1
95% on eBay. A small few are marked with wool in their title. Other times, you just have to go team by team and size by size to look for photos. I bought a couple hats based solely on the flat batterman and general look of the crown. If you ask too many questions, you may raise some eyebrows for a lower priced item. My most recent four had multiple sizes but only one set of photos. I've been burned before with a photo showing a certain tag and the one I get in my size, having s totally different tag. So it's a small gamble. Most of the time, they are titled correctly but people just aren't buying them up.

As far as other hat websites, they are already running dry of non flagged polys, let alone wools. I haven't quite seen a full stocked store of wools so it's basically scavenger season imho.

As far as heritage series, those pop up with heritage in their title online.

The real prize are the basic made in China 100% wool "retro" on fields. Still seeing many fsrs around. People just aren't always willing to drop retail $. So they sit.

Last edited:
Well yeah. That's your holy grail right there. But having FSRs of the chinese made "retro" on fields is the next best thing. Realistically the pre 2006 wools aren't easy to obtain regularly. So I almost dont even include them in normal discussion.

Made in china new eras have that terrible (but deserved) reputation based off of so many of those custom color and patch hats that have a really high crown and stiff brim, which accounts for like 90% of their hats. There is a small percentage that could be mistaken for the real thing. I've posted photos before.

If you can't wait 6 months from daily ebay searches for a made in usa wool in your size, the "retro" on fields arent bad. I'm not even talking the recent retro classics here, but your 1999-2006 "grey under" retros that you see on various east coast hat websites.

So for me, the hate for china made new eras stops at the retro on fields that some shops sell. It's why ive never posted on NEcaptalk. The hate for china made hats, and blind american love makes me uneasy. I've also shown american made poly hats with buttons that are not centered, as well as the fit of many being way off. And now the retro classic line, all of which is American made, shows that we arent so superior anymore.

Funny discussion over there though. I spent like 10 minutes looking at the Marlins retro classic that someone was talking about. The rounded fin is a terrible omission on that hat. 99.9% of the other customs have it "right". I think for the most part, they didnt have a template on their system for flat stitched logos, so they had to make everything from scratch. When you do that, size of logos, and smaller details can be missed. Seeing stuff like the Dbacks logo is one giveaway that they likely hired some low level intern to sketch out the flat logos and they went with "close enough" when it was all said and done.

One more note, on the teal marlins OG there was no white border around the marlins logo. But every custom, coop, and retro classic has had the white border. No one has yet to get to within 95% accuracy.

Last edited:
wallyhopp wallyhopp

Wasn't talking about original vintage pre-2007 wools.

I was referring to USA-made wool remakes.

This recent botched Lids line isn't the first time ever that there have been retro wool On-Field remakes produced.

To the uninformed, it just seems that way since Lids hyped it up.

the wool standard line prob the only one that i remember. they 100% wool but come with the league patch in the side with the flag on the other. doubt they were made in the us tho. lids still got a couple on the site on clearance i think.

Consider me uninformed. Do you have any info on any of those usa made remakes jonwin jonwin ? Were they released under a certain title (ie cooperstown)? About what time frame are we talking about?

I have two "cooperstown" low crown retros (a 70s era angels and a 70s era pirates) bought from minorleagues.com that are 100% wool and made in the USA. But by and large, even dating back to the early 2000s, any sort of non on field hat had a high probability of being made in China. The percentages arent pretty for usa made wool remakes. Gotta be less than 10% of all thats out there

wallyhopp wallyhopp they weren't released as "programs" like how the Lids one was.

These are the same "as accurate as possible grey under wool remakes" that you mentioned seeing all the time at Mom & Pop shops.

That's also not true at all on your comment about non On-Field hats (I'm assuming you're referring to fashion customs?) being mostly China-made hats, even dating back to 2000.

Back in the heyday, almost all New Era hats were USA made, even the fashion custom colorways. It actually is pretty crazy if you go back and think New Era actually used to offer a lot more range of colors/fabrics that were available to be made in USA compared to what they have now.

That was the norm until about 2008-2009 when New Era slowly started closing their USA factories (they had one in Alabama and somewhere else in addition to the one in Derby, NY).

Once those closed down, Derby is the only USA factory where their USA-made hats are produced. The rest are at their factories in China.

Consider me uninformed. Do you have any info on any of those usa made remakes jonwin jonwin ? Were they released under a certain title (ie cooperstown)? About what time frame are we talking about?

I have two "cooperstown" low crown retros (a 70s era angels and a 70s era pirates) bought from minorleagues.com that are 100% wool and made in the USA. But by and large, even dating back to the early 2000s, any sort of non on field hat had a high probability of being made in China. The percentages arent pretty for usa made wool remakes. Gotta be less than 10% of all thats out there

Any of y'all buy from https://shopbspk.com/ before?

They have various pre flag poly on fields for $15. Free shipping after $40. No sales tax for me. eBay has dried up on a few of these. Nice little come up.

Edit:
Question for some of y'all. Any of you buy the newest NCAA shadow 5950 or the mlb black Series 5950? I swear lids is using computer images of the caps. I can't tell if the logos are metallic stickers or if they are actually sewn on. Anyone seen them in person?

Last edited:
Nice. Vaguely saw a mention on necaptalk. Went there and sAw some on fields on sale. Can't get enough of the M era Twins hat. Up to a dozen in backstock now. Beat up three already. Found a black era Mets. Not exactly easy to find anymore since they went no black some 5 yrs ago. Couple of others

Bought my first set of 'more than just slightly used' wool on fields. We'll see what magic I need to work to make them work when I see them in person.

Love the tigers logo on the hats they wore this past weekend

Wish they would put that logo on a navy/black based hat SMH

@bert Ive seen some variations but with a different tiger logo. I agree. Even the likes of the pirates used a very old one off logo. Those could/should be making a comeback.

This may be more directed toward @green rhino123 since he posted up all of on field tags awhile back. But could someone try to tell me the age of these two tags.

First I want to set up a time frame/baseline.

We have this as your last year wool 2006 tag:
IMG_3374.JPG

I know that much. But here's where it's tricky.

Here is what I assumed was your 2007-2008 pre poly tag.
IMG_3371.JPG

And then your cool base 2009-2011 tag
image.jpg

Followed by 2012-2015 fly your own flag.
image.jpg

Followed by the 2016-current era tagging
image.jpg

----------
Anyways I have these two tags that seem quite obscure. Seen on just a handful of on fields
IMG_3372.JPG

I know the above to be pre 2012 since the cap design hasn't been used since. Just trying to place this before the 2007-2008 white/blue tag, or after. Identical to the 2007-2008 but monotone coloring.

And then there's this one
IMG_3369.PNG

Which can be dated around 2007-2008. Same exact tag as your 2006 wool but monotone coloring.

I'm wondering the lineage of those four tags mainly. 2007-2012 is sketchy in my eyes.

When I say obscure, in talking out of 80-100 2007-2012 era hats, only three have these types of tags.
Anyone have the slightest idea?

Last edited:
wallyhopp wallyhopp

Link to some variations? I'm not a custom fan but would love some fitted with the animated tiger logo, maybe that one used on those hats will be in the data based to be used for some customs? Unless it doesn't work like that anymore

Limited sizing now on this one
hwl

https://www.lids.com/detroit-tigers-new-era-mlb-black-cooperstown-59fifty-cap/20932719

They also have one called banner patch , which looks identical to the above.

Sort of like the banner like logo here
Lids has one called MLB Pintastic in an all navy blue colorway with the banner patcb

Ebay has a FSR of this one (my fitteds.com also has this one )
Detroit Tigers Light Gray Navy Blue R... $26.25

I've seen white variations of the banner logo on ebay
s-l200.jpg

One size on ebay of this one. Probably my favorite.
s-l500.jpg

Then there's a swinging cat logo on detroitathletic.com that is just unique enough.

None truly to the specs of the players weekend. It would be a huge missed opportunity to not release a lot of those hats in normal team colors

Give it another month, I got something for you :pimp:

wallyhopp wallyhopp

Link to some variations? I'm not a custom fan but would love some fitted with the animated tiger logo, maybe that one used on those hats will be in the data based to be used for some customs? Unless it doesn't work like that anymore

No joke last time I really copped anything hat related that actually fit and I wear are those LA dodgers you did like 2 years ago :pimp: remember you also hooked it up price wise :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Keep m updated G

Some random eBay finds. Stayed within my <$20/hat budget. All made in USA 100% wool grey unders.

I was set to buy afew made in China retro customs when I stumbled upon these. Hard searching paid off once again.
IMG_3512.JPG

-2000 WS patch New York Yankees 2000 on field.

IMG_3514.JPG

Was searching World Series patch hats and came upon a 2000 Yankees. Used but not abused. Definitely broken in. Doesn't smell lol. It now completes my 2000 WS set.

-2000-2003 era Atlanta Braves on field. This one. A bit rougher. Probably 7/10 quality. Same seller. More of a impulse add on. Had my eyes on some older stock for three times the price. Went used here. No regrets
IMG_3515.JPG

-2003-2005 era Chicago Cubs on field
IMG_3513.JPG

Seller actually listed this as a 'Cups' hat, had multiple sizes and one generalized photo for the group. I had my eyes on this for months. Took the bait and it paid off.

-2003-2005 Boston Red Sox on field.
IMG_3516.JPG

Family photo
IMG_3517.JPG

Here's a side by side of a 2012-2015 Chicago Cubs on field and a 2003-2005 on field.
image.jpg

Someone here a few weeks back mentioned the Cubs changing blue hues a few years ago. The darker blue almost comes off as purple in contrast to this brighter blue.

Here's a '00 Mets ws vs. '00 Yankees.
IMG_3518.JPG

Nothing too crazy but most sellers try to fetch at least retail on these even some 15 years later, especially your more popular teams. So they are out there. But the budget finds is where it's fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom