Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

E9810CC6-5158-466A-9DF0-E69DE38134D4.jpeg 027BA7C1-08B5-491F-9361-8377194E7BFE.jpeg FBC965D6-541C-4164-A55C-DB0A4253F354.jpeg 115D5969-8328-4D8D-9B92-88A531737218.jpeg 6FD10E87-D955-4C0A-BFE0-7DFA4F2719CE.jpeg

Free shipping on orders $30+ today only at hat club.
Combine with the 15% off and it's $34 to your door for one $40 fitted.

Some new deals.

dickssportinggoods has 20% off most items with 6% back on ebates. A couple non flagged on fields present. Some already on sale.

Macy’s has 25% off select items including new eras, with 10% cash back on ebates.

This puts lids’ access pass to shame. Take advantage.

4 on fields for $100 shipped is quite the deal for new releases.

Some new pickups.
Had my eyes on one vintage Mets cap. But made it work into a three-fer
2i899h2.jpg

Ebays been a graveyard for the most part. Buyers paradise

1999-2000 era Tampa bay rays on field/ MUSA/ 100% wool/ grey under.

1999 era Toronto blue jays on field/ MUSA/ 100% wool/ grey under

1992 St. Louis cardinals on field/ MUSA 100% wool/ grey under/ glued on batterman.

It’s hard to show in photos. Such a great fuzzy wool material on all three of them. Puts current stuff to shame.

Interesting note. All three have a bit of a different feel and look from the crown. 1992 era is a bit of s true trucker feel and look. Blue jays has a bit of a low profile vibe going. Rays has that perfect crown height look and feel. 2000-2005 for me were the golden years.
The jays appears to have shrunken and be a bit used although it’s not really yellowed. The other two appear brand spanking new. So you take the mediocre with the gem finds. Finally rounding out my mlb wool on field collection. Big things coming next week.

Last edited:

Nothing too crazy lol. Finally organizing what I own. Gonna shoot off a couple photos. Gonna try to go team by team, or division by division. I wanted to wait around until I had a wool of each MLB team. That's happening come Monday or Tuesday. Collection complete

It may just be too overwhelming and I quit two teams in. We'll see.

Looks like a custom. LeBronLand on the side in a logo similar to Disneyland. I think we'll see this one release if the dodgers win it all.

Anyone have any experience wiping away or removing autographs from the bill of older caps? I have my eyes set on a few caps that are ruined by the autographs.

Yeah. As stated above, I wouldn't go above two sizes. I've done just that and it's not worth it. I'm usually a 7 7/8 and bought a 7 5/8. Sort of a bad idea. The crown and other materials looked almost too small on my head. I couldn't imagine buying a 7 1/2 and working its way into a 7 7/8.

Also depends on the material and age of the cap. Hat jack would be the way to go.

Hit new gems over the weekend
33uveqw.jpg

1993 Cincinnati reds cream pinstripes. MUSA 100% wool. Grey under.
2000 Cincinnati reds black on red. MUSA 100% wool. Grey under.
1988 Cincinnati reds all red. No batterman. MUSA 100% wool. Grey under.
2000 Atlanta braves Navy on red. MUSA 100%
wool. Grey under.
2monsyf.jpg

Got the reds caps in a lot. The cream pinstripe reds is a sz 7 1/2. I don't need it and probably couldn't stretch it. I'd be willing to let it go for very cheap. NT choice or I let it go on the bay. Clean white sweatband. Crown still in great shape for a 25 year old hat.

Great time to be a buyer right now. Got both of the above without much issue. One was a relisting that I offered the seller to end it early. Got it. Buyers are very cheap right now. I gotta step away for a bit I think. Too much solid stuff out there.
----------
Got an email for Mickey's place. All items 25% off this week CAPTOBER is the code

Last edited:
eBay had a 10% off code the other day. Went with two back up caps and a new Padres home cap.
am9yee.jpg

Luck paid off. Listing was generic with one photo and multiple sizes listed Photo shows a sz 6 3/4 for example and you aren't real sure what that sz8 will be. I've received black unders before and the sellers don't quite know the difference. As long as the color and logo and size is what you ordered, a grey under is the least of their worries. I saw the larger sticker and thought I got screwed out of a wool cap.
2pqn9yt.jpg

Nope. All are last year 2006 wool grey unders. Beautiful stuff for sub $20. Puts your $35 2018 on fields to utter shame.

I guess some shops put on stickers of old stock to match with the newer era of caps. So you really have to know what you're looking for as stickers no longer are a dead give away. The more vivid wool crown with visible diagonal lines is one give away. Poly has a bit of a different look too.

Other than the color difference, 2001-2006 era wool has that visible diagonal texture, while early poly tends to blend a bit better.
20ivwd4.jpg

2s9cc9k.jpg

So if you're ever looking for a wool and don't want to tip off the seller, look for those cues.

Last edited:
Ya, that's too bad.

Personally tho - the quality hasn't been good imo since they switched to poly over 10 years ago.
The early poly years weren't too too bad. In fact a lot of the crowns were super soft (softer than late 2005-2006 wool). Around 2014, three years before the flag went on the side is when things started to go south.

Other than a few Hc exclusives and retro classics, I think I've bought just 3 on fields dated 2016 and newer, so maybe im a apart of the problem.

Some BF DEALS coming in

Mickey's place 30% off. BLACKFRIDAY
Hat club. BF2018. Buy one get one 40%. Works out to 20% off. Kind of a crappy deal as that's the regular member discount. Last year was 30-35% off.
Lids has 30% off. But has a huge exclusion list. BF30. They also have 6% back from Ebates.

I'll keep adding what I find

Last edited:
Anyone spot the Phillies vintage maroon fitted?

No Cooperstown collection pls.

Had the expos, got rid of it right away.

Heads up. Fanatics/fansedge/mlbshop/bigtallfanatics has some wahoo on fields from $4 to $17 range. Both low profile and regular and both colorways. If yall can't find them, let me Know.

It may have been a pricing error initially as the inventory didn't seem to be live as they had a fsr and 10+ available of each. Today, they don't seem to be shown as available (but you can find the links through the Google shopping interface). My first order shipped. We'll see if #2 goes through

And be sure to use the free shipping code. Fanatics will try to get you to use their preferred method which costs money.

Part of me says the pricing is legit since the style has been discontinued.

I'll take a Chinese made low crown on field for $5 any day of the week

Heads up. Fanatics/fansedge/mlbshop/bigtallfanatics has some wahoo on fields from $4 to $17 range. Both low profile and regular and both colorways. If yall can't find them, let me Know.

It may have been a pricing error initially as the inventory didn't seem to be live as they had a fsr and 10+ available of each. Today, they don't seem to be shown as available (but you can find the links through the Google shopping interface). My first order shipped. We'll see if #2 goes through

And be sure to use the free shipping code. Fanatics will try to get you to use their preferred method which costs money.

Part of me says the pricing is legit since the style has been discontinued.

I'll take a Chinese made low crown on field for $5 any day of the week
assume you don't have links?

Back
Top Bottom