Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Heads up. Lids just increased the price of all current on field inventory starting today. $37.99 is the new norm. Increase is about $3/cap. Hope you stocked up.

It makes these sales that much more important. I barely like dropping $19/cap, now retail is $37.99. Special editions ought to be $41-$42 range easily. Who’s buying at these prices? Kick them in the junk for me.

Man I knew prices were going to go up. But I cant see myself paying 37.99 plus taxes for that .

Worse than I thought. What was $37.99 like on some Patched 2019 on fields, is now $39.99. So $37.99 is baseline lol.

Also your NFL, NBA, and MiLB saw a jump up in price to that baseline.

The trickle effect will be real. Not sure now if it's just lids or a new era msrp change.

For now, the only genre unchanged has been some NCAA ACs.

Heads up. Lids just increased the price of all current on field inventory starting today. $37.99 is the new norm. Increase is about $3/cap. Hope you stocked up.

It makes these sales that much more important. I barely like dropping $19/cap, now retail is $37.99. Special editions ought to be $41-$42 range easily. Who’s buying at these prices? Kick them in the junk for me.

Curious to see how this impacts sales for them. That’s over $40 for an on field. Decent prices will always be able to be had on eBay but we’re collectors and know what to look for so price increases really don’t impact us much.

But the casual buyer, that $40 after tax price tag might turn heads off

Starting all over with fitteds, bought a few when my boy gave me his Lids membership pass many years ago but I fell off.

These just came in, grey underbrim on each.

IMG_20190123_203746.jpg

For $5/year?

Yes, I think it’s $5 for Americans, and $6 for Canadians. 20% off hats, I find that I could use that discount most of the times on clearance as well, except when there’s a sale such as additional 35% off clearance hats. I bought so much they kept sending me $10 off anything vouchers

so did they ever correct the retro fitteds ?
Nah. Same ones that came out 18 plus months back are still around kicking. In fact, lids raised their price to $37.99. Design miscues seem set in stone from the jump.
----

Some new finds.
zklmoj.jpg

Had my eyes on the grey pirates for awhile. I needed a cheapy beater cap so I wouldn't sweat through my original. Other three needed for the full discount.

All made in China. Three grey unders.
The Astros is 100% wool, batterman-less with green under.
Grey alternate pirates is listed as 86% poly/ 14% wool. The poly crown is actually fuzzy and soft. The batterman on both pirates are color correct, black and red. Both are flat batterman as well. Black pirates is 100% wool.
Mariners is 80% wool/ 20% poly with flat batterman.
bdk0ox.jpg

2w5t5l3.jpg

Not all made in China customs are created equal. Many of the Cooperstown collection caps have the double batterman and really high crowns. These are much more in tune with what Mickey's place is selling as well as 4ucaps and ecapcity. The off the wall mlbshop and lids Cooperstown collection are generally junk.

My other grey pirates custom from lids is a black under with all yellow/black batterman and had a NE flag. These four don't have any flags in sight. I'm a purist at heart but I'll take this exception.

Been having a hell of a time finding a Astros non flagged on field so this custom will have to do for now.

Last edited:
so did they ever correct the retro fitteds ?

Nah. Same ones that came out 18 plus months back are still around kicking. In fact, lids raised their price to $37.99. Design miscues seem set in stone from the jump.
----

Some new finds.
zklmoj.jpg

Had my eyes on the grey pirates for awhile. I needed a cheapy beater cap so I wouldn't sweat through my original. Other three needed for the full discount.

All made in China. Three grey unders.
The Astros is 100% wool, batterman-less with green under.
Grey alternate pirates is listed as 86% poly/ 14% wool. The poly crown is actually fuzzy and soft. The batterman on both pirates are color correct, black and red. Both are flat batterman as well. Black pirates is 100% wool.
Mariners is 80% wool/ 20% poly with flat batterman.
bdk0ox.jpg

2w5t5l3.jpg

Not all made in China customs are created equal. Many of the Cooperstown collection caps have the double batterman and really high crowns. These are much more in tune with what Mickey's place is selling as well as 4ucaps and ecapcity. The off the wall mlbshop and lids Cooperstown collection are generally junk.

My other grey pirates custom from lids is a black under with all yellow/black batterman and had a NE flag. These four don't have any flags in sight. I'm a purist at heart but I'll take this exception.

Been having a hell of a time finding a Astros non flagged on field so this custom will have to do for now.

Can you guys please go into detail about the retro fitteds?

Can you guys please go into detail about the retro fitteds?
Unless I misread what he said, I thought he was asking about the lids retro classic line. So that's where my line of thinking is on this long post.

I posted a few pages back two Brewers retro classics. Colors are wrong. Over the past 18 months, we've had some good discussion here. I noticed some of the older posts have missing content though. Are you familiar with the lineup?

I'll post the following if you aren't familiar.
It all pretty comes down to a half dozen variables. Out of 60 plus retro classics, maybe 5 are completely accurate. Some have flat logos when they shouldn't. Some have the wrong color of batterman. Some have the wrong color of button on top of cap. Some have too small of a logo. Some are too big. Some have the wrong logo entirely or had smaller border elements that make the logo wrong. Some shouldn't have a grey under. Some have the wrong color crown altogether. And then any Combo of miscues.

They were meant to emulate the 93-94 era of caps I believe. But some designs shouldn't have existed in that format. They streamlined all designs to flat logo and grey under and called it good. A bit lazy. So it's a bit of a cluster F for a purist. Maybe I'm just too picky.

THANK GOD that the Tigers are going back to the small "D" on their hats

the big D (PAUSE) was a terrible look

boo.

bout to go cop da big one.
sorry bruh, the bigger D looked like those garbage fashion hats

all these old school original letters should NOT change in size and remain the same that goes for NY, Sox, LA, Detroit. those are all classics and should NEVER change in anyway

sorry bruh, the bigger D looked like those garbage fashion hats

all these old school original letters should NOT change in size and remain the same that goes for NY, Sox, LA, Detroit. those are all classics and should NEVER change in anyway

i get da traditional angle 100%

that said, l was a fan of da bigger letter, it went in line with all da other logos minus da cubs, which is also small.

Look at this quote.
-----
It was years of that research which prompted last year’s change — enlarging the logo — in the first place: in recent years, in accordance with feedback from a younger generation of fans, teams have trended toward bigger logos on their game caps.
-------
That's a lie on trending towards larger. The Marlins went smaller a year or two back.

I actually pulled out a fabric ruler and did the math. They went from one of the smallest logos to one of the largest. There is definitely some middle ground they could have went with.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...etroit-tigers-hats-olde-english-d/2744135002/
Sounds like they may go with that middle ground.

And to think, I thought this was gonna be the 2025 cap.
2chrx9d.png

Last edited:
Unless I misread what he said, I thought he was asking about the lids retro classic line. So that's where my line of thinking is on this long post.

I posted a few pages back two Brewers retro classics. Colors are wrong. Over the past 18 months, we've had some good discussion here. I noticed some of the older posts have missing content though. Are you familiar with the lineup?

I'll post the following if you aren't familiar.
It all pretty comes down to a half dozen variables. Out of 60 plus retro classics, maybe 5 are completely accurate. Some have flat logos when they shouldn't. Some have the wrong color of batterman. Some have the wrong color of button on top of cap. Some have too small of a logo. Some are too big. Some have the wrong logo entirely or had smaller border elements that make the logo wrong. Some shouldn't have a grey under. Some have the wrong color crown altogether. And then any Combo of miscues.

They were meant to emulate the 93-94 era of caps I believe. But some designs shouldn't have existed in that format. They streamlined all designs to flat logo and grey under and called it good. A bit lazy. So it's a bit of a cluster F for a purist. Maybe I'm just too picky.

To be honest, no I wasn't familiar. I have limited knowledge when it comes to fitteds, so that was new information to me.

So you're just talking about the 'retro line' of fitteds that's being sold at Lids? Those have nothing to do with the World Series patch ones right?

^yeah. The lids lineup is what i was talking about. It's called the retro classic line. The retro wordage is pretty new around new eras IMHO. You have your Cooperstown collection, world series patch hats, heritage series, classic wool, wool classic, and then just straight up YEAR 'customs'.

To blur matters, it looks like lids is naming a few WS patch caps as retro hats. They've been around for years and most places just call them YEAR TEAM NEW ERA 59Fifty world series hat. If you're looking online, throw out the retro wording.

On lids, they have some heritage classic 'retros' . So yeah lids is being crazy open with the retro naming.

To answer your question, no they are not related. The retro classic line, I should mention, are marketed as being made in the USA. 99% of the world series hats are made in China and have been around for many many years.

Tl;Dr. They aren't exactly related. lids is naming everything retro now.

Last edited:
^ gotcha

4 U Caps is having a 25% off sale, so I'm gonna hop on that '89 A's and '97 Marlins

Back
Top Bottom