Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

E cap put patches on the correct “left” side? That’s unheard of.
The randomness to me irks me a tad bit. You’ll see yankee ws customs on the correct side for decades. And now everything is on that right side

what’s the deal with those Yankees? Is that the new trend? Multi colored ws patches that don’t fit historically?

here’s the custom we’ve seen for years
1592102528020.jpeg

And the real deal
1592102723677.jpeg

HC is doing aqua and red, and almost no white. Is it to match a sneaker release? Same with the 1981 patch. It should in theory look like this
1592102898245.jpeg

But they went yellow/gold.
Never thought I’d see the day there would be custom colors on custom patches.

The randomness to me irks me a tad bit. You’ll see yankee ws customs on the correct side for decades. And now everything is on that right side

what’s the deal with those Yankees? Is that the new trend? Multi colored ws patches that don’t fit historically?

1592102528020.jpeg

And the real deal
1592102723677.jpeg

HC is doing aqua and red, and almost no white. Is it to match a sneaker release? Same with the 1981 patch. It should in theory look like this
1592102898245.jpeg

But they went yellow/gold.
Never thought I’d see the day there would be custom colors on custom patches.
For the most part nobody cares about those accuracies anymore. I gave up on it a while back. They are just fashion hats now, hence the custom colors

Wow Hat Club has these out Smfh I slept lol then again I just got into the fitted game again... can’t really complain

Attachments

• 96B13620-F5E6-491B-A7F6-9D4D99F6FC11.png
    96B13620-F5E6-491B-A7F6-9D4D99F6FC11.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
For the most part nobody cares about those accuracies anymore. I gave up on it a while back. They are just fashion hats now, hence the custom colors
True. There’s custom and then there’s then just being flat out wrong and accidentally having red numbers instead of yellow. Not sure what we have here just yet.

Sadly the database they use is wrong for 90% Of these patches. That 2007 asg patch is awesome but the real one was like this
File_001.jpeg

then we had this random custom here
mlb-180810all05_1.jpg

They spelled out mlb completely.

Ecap took the literal logo for the event
220px-2007_Major_League_Baseball_All-Star_Game_logo.svg.png

ecap likes to go larger than life with some of their patch choices and sizes. It is what it is. Good to have some historical reference from time to time.

True. There’s custom and then there’s then just being flat out wrong and accidentally having red numbers instead of yellow. Not sure what we have here just yet.

Sadly the database they use is wrong for 90% Of these patches. That 2007 asg patch is awesome but the real one was like this
File_001.jpeg

mlb-180810all05_1.jpg

ecap likes to go larger than life with some of their patch choices and sizes. It is what it is. Good to have some historical reference from time to time.
I like how they do that more creative 🔥🔥

File_001.jpeg

mlb-180810all05_1.jpg

Patches are what’s hot right now, any and all patches lol, accuracy be damned

Many times they take the jersey patch and throw it on a cap too.
this other 2007 asg patch was on their jerseys

it doesn’t help the league/new era has 3-4 Similar logos at their disposal

Patches are what’s hot right now, any and all patches lol, accuracy be damned
Just saw their email. It is a custom color way. I thought tmark was just a trademark wording in the text Of the hat title lol.

Interesting to know they can even do that. They’ve been by the book for decades with side patch logos. I can see them going all gold or all silver or all volt green with a unique underbrim and crown color. Options are endless.

Just saw their email. It is a custom color way. I thought tmark was just a trademark wording in the text Of the hat title lol.

Interesting to know they can even do that. They’ve been by the book for decades with side patch logos. I can see them going all gold or all silver or all volt green with a unique underbrim and crown color. Options are endless.
Yea a lot of stores doing a ton of different colors at the moment. I actually enjoy it

I’m somewhat deep into on fields and such, I have never seen a custom colored side patch. They’ve kept that clean for decades. . what have you seen as far as custom side patches?

Hold up
digging a bit deeper, I Spotted this one.
1592116568669.jpeg

What’s crazy is, the majority are the correct gold 1995 ws patch. I guess I never noticed.
1592116633600.jpeg

1592116899554.jpeg

I guess I associated the different colored patch as being more a apart of the whole custom color crown and brim. HC is taking it back to looking like the original with slight variations.
Nothing to see here lol.

backtracking a bit. I’ve never seen an original colorway with a newly colored side patch. I have seen a custom look all around, with a custom side patch. HC likes blurring the lines. I’m indifferent. More choices the better for sure.

I grabbed the 1996 AS Phillies hat last week, I’ll post pictures when it comes in, I also grabbed the LA Dodgers large logo “1950” WS.

I prefer on-field caps only unless it’s a MLB fashion custom (Ex. Team describe, LA palm trees) but it’s crazy that everyone is back wearing fitteds again, I used to have a couple weeks to decide if I wanted a hat or for a sale/promo code but now you have about an hour and they’re gone.

Last edited:
I don't think fitteds ever left, I bought a couple last year that were sold out and I had to track down.

I've seen a couple IG sneaker cats start their custom fitteds and patches, seems it might have gotten the younger people back on them.

I've always hated buying fitteds without patches, I'm always looking for patches on my fitteds and jerseys.

Some of this custom stuff is cool but I prefer on fields. I think the only non on field Yankees I have is the Spike Lee fitteds over the years and a 27th championship gold trim fitted

Remember when New Era was doing this big *** sticker??? Haven't seen them do it in a few years.

51kwGW5kG-L.jpg

Last edited:
This is the phases and stages I’m talking about

Then you have a dad hat wave about five years ago, I flourished during these times and now we are here. One day sellouts and anticipated drops like Jordans.

But for the record I do wear camp caps and polo crowns.

Another mickeysplace code would be good right about now. They also gave me a code for free shipping next order too

1592102528020.jpeg

And the real deal
1592102723677.jpeg

Ironically that is as close to accurate as I have seen for the 1999 world series reproduction hats. Many of them I had seen had used the event logo as the patch, whereas the originals from 1998, 1999, 2000 actually had unique logos just for the side of the hat.

Back
Top Bottom