Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

C54A0DD3-9121-4983-9069-6545FC2000CF.jpeg

The wait is 3-4 months because they have to be made still. That’s the hold up. Instead of having physical caps to sell (which also took 3-4 months turnaround), they are putting the burden on the buyers to choose what to ‘release’ next. It’s absolutely genius. Instead of hoping purple unders or graphic unders are the next thing, you can just order what you want.
HC tends to do a small run to see what sticks, and then hits us with a pre order. I have no idea why folks are dropping $60 plus.

I see that Some retailers upped their price to $45-$55 And they’re getting called out for it. They can’t eat but resellers can?

Forgot to add in a little comparison shot when I got the latest reds cap
5A1201F9-B15A-49F8-B073-B47960521A94.jpeg

1988 grey under. MUSA wool top. 2006 Grey under MUSA wool br. 2009 Black under cool base. MUSA. Poly BL.

481CD792-5589-43FF-8A0F-1F273DC20472.jpeg

image.jpg

One of my smaller team collections so it’s easier to post.
some additions are a black red 2000 era grey under wool. MUSA. And it’s black/red 2012 poly MUSA counterpart, plus the red /black 2012 era poly USA

I'm still pissed off New Era decided to pimp out their logo on the side with the Cooperstown Collection hats and put the MLB logo on the back since the last decade rendering them inaccurate because those details were never on the originals worn on field. Why couldn't they just keep them default like they were supposed to be originally?

Most retailers that carry New Era have had those inaccurate hats for years unfortunately. It's a small miracle there's a very few that carry them without the logo on the side and MLB logo on the back so I have to target them.

So is Mickey's Place the only retailer who carries those Cooperstown Collection hats that correctly don't have those unwanted details? Are there others as well?
It’s an odd history. I’ve seen Chinese customs get it right for the past ten years. But an official cooperstown collection will have the Side flag, along with 20-25 other caps in said collection.
Time line wise, I want to say milb had the flag added around 2000 for their on fields. 2006 mlb cooperstown customs were still made in USA, and had no side flag. Then it all changed around 2007-2008. It took until late 2016 for the mlb to get their flag. So the vast majority of its history, it shouldn’t exist. I agree, it’s an eye sore.

Preach. I still believe mickeys place is sitting on 5-10 year old inventory. The side flag, even in tonal form, is now the norm. But they have stuff that may never be available again.

I own a random assortment of 20-25 Chinese made cooperstown customs without the side flag. But the batterman is iffy on most of them.
In my mind, if it doesnt have the flag it's not even a cap
no hate but you Weren’t buying caps prior to 2016 mlb playoffs? The Side flag is new for on fields but has been on random customs dating back to 2000s. Heck, even your Milb on fields had the side flag on their on fields since the Early 2000s too. But not every custom has the side flag. In fact, many customs have the ws patch in that spot. I think you’ve been caught into the hype a bit .

I will say, there is the ncaa and nba and mlb customs who have Always had flags, so for some, flags seem normal and legit. But in my eyes, they are defnitely second rate. I’m with therealest1 therealest1 here.
Mixing patches with non appropriate teams?
I’m out the loop....
many patches are all star game patches but feature one team. There is a Milwaukee Braves vintage logo patch that features nothing but the Braves but there’s a Yankees cap featuring that logo.
1598868845951.jpeg
It’s basically a celebratory logo for the winners. But you see the losers using it too. It’s a crazy world out there.
All star patches with every team make sense. That way they can catch every team that could have been there. . These websites are about to releases some serious heat when they include every team for their Asg release. For now, it’s the host team getting the initial patch treatment.

Last edited:
^i remember you mentioning that Yankees cap when i posted my Milwaukee Braves cap. Thats wild, it looks so weird. 2nd place cap

I still haven’t copped one. I’ve had chances too smh I like that one
Highly recommend it. It’s hard for me to rep the lakers or anything like this here in Louisiana. Everyone thinks it’s LSU stuff. Figured the palm tree would help set it apart :lol:

Got my first roman pro leather band on in today

green rhino123 green rhino123 helped me date this back to 1991.

I’m having the best of luck and worst of luck. This came in a bag once again. The right crease appears new compared to online photos prior to shipping. Luckily, price wise, this was a steal
71F6E264-3884-4B3B-9FC6-79D5C8C8AEC4.jpeg
95218441-8471-4C48-BFFC-6FE1CB22300D.jpeg
DAFC1C82-55AB-4239-AE8B-CB90C9EF3BE6.jpeg
D1BB7B8B-266B-4D74-B903-4622E0DD3664.jpeg

fit wise, it’s tts.I was worried it would be shrunken due to age.
material wise, I want to say this is wool. It’s not marked anywhere. It’s slightly fuzzy but not to the 1990 standards that new era had/has. It’s not quite ebbets field floppy with the crown, and it’s not super high crown like so many 1990s on fields. Solid mid crown height.
1598894809743.png

Another one. So SO weird.

Why would you want another team's logo on your hat? Especially a team you lost to.
Funny but not surprised. This appears to be the only logo for the 1911 World Series. Most from that era had logos created after the fact, for the winner. I’m guessing we’ll see dozens more in the coming months. As long as it doesn’t say World Series champions for the loser, I can live with this.

Back
Top Bottom