Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Mets 4ucaps Pinky Shea stadium patch :pimp:

Attachments

• 0FC783C7-745B-4F0B-9F05-BA4FA76BCF60.jpeg
    0FC783C7-745B-4F0B-9F05-BA4FA76BCF60.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 75
Is there a black version of the LA with the palm trees? I’ve only been able to see blue and purple.
These all fit small compared to polyester 3/4 joints but the black is the worst in both height and circumference :smh:
These are grey unders, there’s a black with green under that looks far better imo.
91DBFB23-278D-4E88-9765-AD2ABA60F3B9.jpeg

Last edited:
These all fit small compared to polyester 3/4 joints but the black is the worst in both height and circumference :smh:
These are grey unders, there’s a black with green under that looks far better imo.
91DBFB23-278D-4E88-9765-AD2ABA60F3B9.jpeg

Did you get yours from eCapCity? Because mine fit perfectly. Especially compared to a lot of other hats I've gotten recently that fit tight AF

I'm tight. Hatclub canceled a navy angels cap they shock dropped last week and blamed it on lack of inventory. Which doesn't make sense because after I paid I refreshed the page a few times and my size was still available for 2-3 minutes. I have another hat that's been sitting on pending for a week now so I'm worried they're gonna cancel that too

Did you get yours from eCapCity? Because mine fit perfectly. Especially compared to a lot of other hats I've gotten recently that fit tight AF
Yes sir ecapcity. Sizing is all over the place with wool ones, poly are more consistent it seems.

It’s an odd history. I’ve seen Chinese customs get it right for the past ten years. But an official cooperstown collection will have the Side flag, along with 20-25 other caps in said collection.
Time line wise, I want to say milb had the flag added around 2000 for their on fields. 2006 mlb cooperstown customs were still made in USA, and had no side flag. Then it all changed around 2007-2008. It took until late 2016 for the mlb to get their flag. So the vast majority of its history, it shouldn’t exist. I agree, it’s an eye sore.

Preach. I still believe mickeys place is sitting on 5-10 year old inventory. The side flag, even in tonal form, is now the norm. But they have stuff that may never be available again.

I own a random assortment of 20-25 Chinese made cooperstown customs without the side flag. But the batterman is iffy on most of them.

Please explain what is a Chinese custom. Does that mean some Cooperstown hats ended up being made in China? I think the older versions that correctly excluded the logo on the side were made in U.S.A. I believe it was 2008 or 2009 when I realized they started including the logo on the side of those Cooperstown hats.

So Mickey's Place is carrying leftover stuff? I assumed they kept restocking with that preferred style without the logo on the side. I need to call them one day to get clarity.

So does that mean the Chinese version of the Cooperstown hats have the MLB on the back? Only styles worn from 1993 to present should have them.

Mixing patches with non appropriate teams?
I’m out the loop....

New Era decided to get asinine with that for the sake of profit or whatever f'd up idea they had in mind. 🙄

I'm tight. Hatclub canceled a navy angels cap they shock dropped last week and blamed it on lack of inventory. Which doesn't make sense because after I paid I refreshed the page a few times and my size was still available for 2-3 minutes. I have another hat that's been sitting on pending for a week now so I'm worried they're gonna cancel that too
Hopefully they come thru with some other heat. I’d dm the hat club or Jus account. That Angels was fire too 🤦🏾‍♂️

Hopefully they come thru with some other heat. I’d dm the hat club or Jus account. That Angels was fire too 🤦🏾‍♂️

They canceled my second order too lol. All they offered me was 20% off my next hat. I was real salty about the angels cancelation because I loved that logo. Guess I just gotta hope I hit on something else that's dope

Last edited:
Got this old LA Kings new era in. Was eying it on eBay for a while. Was able to work something out with the seller. Between new era losing the NHL license and Fitteds with this logo being tough to fine even when they had the license. This was a very necessary purchase for me.

7EB5B311-0B9C-4F9C-BAD9-3E74EE475AFD.jpeg
5C5A92DE-326C-40F7-A9C8-18D326ACDB53.jpeg

Anyone familiar with descente fitteds for some of the NPB teams? Orix buffaloes brought back the blue wave Uniforms so I’m tryna cop a hat from a friend in japan. they do sizing in cm.

im a 59.5cm and usually cop 7 3/8 - 7 1/2.

Since I can’t try it on, Wasn’t sure if I should Size down to 59cm or up to 60cm. Leaning towards sizing down since I could always stretch it out

1599077608663.jpeg

Please explain what is a Chinese custom. Does that mean some Cooperstown hats ended up being made in China? I think the older versions that correctly excluded the logo on the side were made in U.S.A. I believe it was 2008 or 2009 when I realized they started including the logo on the side of those Cooperstown hats.

So Mickey's Place is carrying leftover stuff? I assumed they kept restocking with that preferred style without the logo on the side. I need to call them one day to get clarity.

So does that mean the Chinese version of the Cooperstown hats have the MLB on the back? Only styles worn from 1993 to present should have them.
Many ‘customs‘ took on the cooperstown wording & tags over time, so there is a bit of a mixed history here.

Somewhere around 2007, the cooperstown caps stopped being white sweatband, MUSA, and wool. Around this same time, you saw two types of caps. The cooperstown customs with side flags and battermans, and then what mickeys place was doing.
Four examples
Most common era retro hats have a side flag and batterman. Super lazy. This ones made overseas and to compare, a made overseas mickeys place custom
All details are correct

next is a pirates grey alternate custom
Many sites including mickeys has the correct red white blue flat batterman, and no side flag.

This one has a side flag, and a black/yellow raised batterman.

Up until a year or so ago, HC was making caps in the USA. I use the term Chinese custom to differentiate between a musa hc custom and say a mickeys place custom. Usa was always a higher tier on all fronts. Anymore, they are all Chinese customs. So it’s lost a bit of meaning.

I’d really like to hear what mickeys place has to say. Even HCs recent ‘Cooperstown’ customs Have had tonal side flags. So I want to believe that common era caps cannot be produced like mickeys place caps are. They haven’t had new inventory in many many years, so I want to say it’s all pre 2016 stuff.
I own a few of their caps. They aren’t perfect. Their brewers stuff has the correct colors and underbrim, but they feature a ultra thick/raised batterman. So even they had their small issues.
Up until 2006-2007, cooperstown customs had a select subset of handpicked styles and designs. MUSA with 98% accurate depictions. Once they turned to black unders and poly, even regular on field production turned to China. That’s when they threw the cooperstown wording on everything and we saw a huge variation in cooperstown styles, as noted above. Fashion/customs got mixed with cooperstown styles regularly.

long story short, there are Chinese/overseas variations that get older styles nearly 100% spot on, and there are reproductions that have flags and battermas and a mess of other issues. Since 2008, it’s been the Wild West with customs and cooperstown marked hats clashing and mixing.

^not even a minute. All gone. All sizes. Baby blue and pink gonna be the new thing now? What all was on the shock drop?

I need a M twins, with or without a side patch and under doesn’t matter.

^not even a minute. All gone. All sizes. Baby blue and pink gonna be the new thing now? What all was on the shock drop?

I need a M twins, with or without a side patch and under doesn’t matter.

They had a twins M cap earlier today. It sold quick but it was attainable because it seemed like everyone wanted a Blue Jays cap they had up

Back
Top Bottom