Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Ahh okay. I saw that post online of all the baby blue and pink UVs. I guess that’ll be next. There was 15-20 of them.

the cotton candy pre-order next Saturday, I'm just gone wait to order mine then. that drop gone go so fast not gone even try. tried on the shock drop tonight hats popped up most sizes was already sold out. just use my points on the pre-order. Need Rockies and the White Sox.

I just needed one of the baby blue. I don't rock light colors like that but I figured it was a nice hat to own for next spring. Most of my hats are black or navy and 4-5 red ones

Many ‘customs‘ took on the cooperstown wording & tags over time, so there is a bit of a mixed history here.

Somewhere around 2007, the cooperstown caps stopped being white sweatband, MUSA, and wool. Around this same time, you saw two types of caps. The cooperstown customs with side flags and battermans, and then what mickeys place was doing.
Four examples
Most common era retro hats have a side flag and batterman. Super lazy. This ones made overseas and to compare, a made overseas mickeys place custom
All details are correct

next is a pirates grey alternate custom
Many sites including mickeys has the correct red white blue flat batterman, and no side flag.

This one has a side flag, and a black/yellow raised batterman.

Up until a year or so ago, HC was making caps in the USA. I use the term Chinese custom to differentiate between a musa hc custom and say a mickeys place custom. Usa was always a higher tier on all fronts. Anymore, they are all Chinese customs. So it’s lost a bit of meaning.

I’d really like to hear what mickeys place has to say. Even HCs recent ‘Cooperstown’ customs Have had tonal side flags. So I want to believe that common era caps cannot be produced like mickeys place caps are. They haven’t had new inventory in many many years, so I want to say it’s all pre 2016 stuff.
I own a few of their caps. They aren’t perfect. Their brewers stuff has the correct colors and underbrim, but they feature a ultra thick/raised batterman. So even they had their small issues.
Up until 2006-2007, cooperstown customs had a select subset of handpicked styles and designs. MUSA with 98% accurate depictions. Once they turned to black unders and poly, even regular on field production turned to China. That’s when they threw the cooperstown wording on everything and we saw a huge variation in cooperstown styles, as noted above. Fashion/customs got mixed with cooperstown styles regularly.

long story short, there are Chinese/overseas variations that get older styles nearly 100% spot on, and there are reproductions that have flags and battermas and a mess of other issues. Since 2008, it’s been the Wild West with customs and cooperstown marked hats clashing and mixing.

Too bad too many divergent details got incorporated on the Cooperstown hats for so many years now rendering them inaccurate.

Thanks for those examples. The alternate gray Pirates are good examples of what's accurate and what's wrong.

So you got an inaccurate Brewers hat from Mickey's Place? The raised MLB logo should only be on authentic hats from 2007 to present. I refuse to call it "batterman" because MLB logo is simple and is understandable to most.

Too bad New Era couldn't maintain the accurate template for Cooperstown hats for years now like in the past. Adding corporate and league logos that weren't originally there is just wrong and frustrating. Although I prefer made in U.S.A. like most, I can understand them outsourcing because it's been a longtime American practice to reduce overhead despite the fact I hate it. But if they retained the same default details and colors, it would have been OK with me.

Why did you refer to the hats at Mickey's Place as custom? Aren't the Cooperstown hats original if they're made with the default team design?

Last edited:
Anybody know how to stretch snapbacks? I wear a size 8 fitted and I have a few snapbacks I wanna wear but the clasps be screaming on the last 2 notches.

Any help would be appreciated fellas.

Watermelon heads matter.

Too bad too many divergent details got incorporated on the Cooperstown hats for so many years now rendering them inaccurate.

Thanks for those examples. The alternate gray Pirates are good examples of what's accurate and what's wrong.

So you got an inaccurate Brewers hat from Mickey's Place? The raised MLB logo should only be on authentic hats from 2007 to present. I refuse to call it "batterman" because MLB logo is simple and is understandable to most.

Too bad New Era couldn't maintain the accurate template for Cooperstown hats for years now like in the past. Adding corporate and league logos that weren't originally there is just wrong and frustrating. Although I prefer made in U.S.A. like most, I can understand them outsourcing because it's been a longtime American practice to reduce overhead despite the fact I hate it. But if they retained the same default details and colors, it would have been OK with me.

Why did you refer to the hats at Mickey's Place as custom? Aren't the Cooperstown hats original if they're made with the default team design?
I think the lines are blurred between custom and Cooperstown Collection hats. I’ve seen a mixed bag of non team color and designs marked as cooperstown. Anymore I like to call them customs or retros.
The non batterman, green under, and no side flag like the mickeys place Washington and Pittsburgh hat are absolutely perfect. But they may not be designated as a cooperstown hat. The cooperstown collection of pre 2006 was one true set. Anymore, I can’t Say for certain what actually qualifies. Anymore, it’s just a tag on the sweatband that says cooperstown collection. I’ve seen it on oddball non accurate customs. Fanatics does have a cooperstown collection set of wool caps, but none of them are truly accurate Either.

And that brewers batterman wasn’t just the 2007 era of thick.
there’s been quite the change up recently
1E46806B-F5C5-4D23-BD42-8AD509CB1478.jpeg
6FC90775-B318-4284-95F9-242B2C77027F.jpeg
23B339FE-4253-4997-91C9-5C85AEA3130C.jpeg

It’s thick with a double border.

and in a weird turn. Here’s a recent wahoo cap with a double outline.
2C089906-62C7-497E-9261-1D4E9D141291.jpeg

Your original customs (and flat batterman looked like this)
C82F2D88-4E43-4B42-8867-C9722B03AC83.jpeg

And now HC has gone with this straight edge flat batterman for their caps.
E6691756-139C-49E7-B57B-BF03F25F4551.jpeg

and a random custom with a double border, yet sits flat.
E75161B7-8E08-444B-BFDD-9CEF71695DC6.jpeg

So now in the realm of any cooperstown custom, you can find any of the above, and even the recent 2007-current on field batterman lol.
So even if they had a wahoo custom perfect for 10 years, they may flub up the batterman.

I have another MB navy/blue brewers cooperstown cap That has a green under and no batterman. Just like the mickeys place cap, both are marked cooperstown. And neither 100% accurate.

Many HC customs have the genuine merchandise tag and not the cooperstown tag. And yet I’ve found a few like a baby blue twins TC custom that has the cooperstown tag. And yet some current retros have the mlb authentic collection tags. So it all feels random really. I’ll dig through my customs and see what I come up with.

It seems like the early 2000s was the last time New Era fitted hats were good with quality and varieties. I believe they were mostly made in U.S.A. I feel they have declined after 2002. It seems unfavorably different in the current era.

Perhaps there were better styles and more selections with throwback hats during the early 2000s just to coincide with the throwback jersey fad. But once the jerseys got played out, it seems like throwback hats became less available. I miss the pinwheel designs although the current two-tone style is cool. Accurate Cooperstown Collection hats were more available that time too.

I swear New Era fitted hats became mostly outsourced after 2002. The only hats made domestically for a long time were authentic MLB hats, but unfortunately outsourcing has come into the mix with them since the last decade. And it sucks that Cooperstown Collection hats have inappropriate details and logos added to them since the 2000s.

What really pissed me off during the 2000s was when NFL f'd up the game when they gave Reebok the license to make their hats making that brand the only option. Those hats were terrible! But thankfully New Era reacquired the NFL license in 2012. Although they're outsourced, at least they're far better than Reebok. Any New Era NFL hat produced before they lost their right to make them are better than current New Era NFL hats.

At least NBA fitted hats have been viable since the 2000s because New Era maintained their license. Although Reebok & Adidas made crappy NBA fitted hats when they had the apparel contracts, we always had New Era as a better option.

What kind of tags are on these recent HC caps with crazy colors and different uvs? It’s looking like cooperstown collection tags. Lol. That sort of proves my point that it’s random as hell. How a baby blue crown with pink under falls into that category is interesting.

sorry therealest1 therealest1 I’m definitely leaning towards this common era of cooperstown caps as being simply RANDOM. That doesn’t really answer any of your questions. I believe for a time cooperstown collection hats had their own approved database of designs. So it made sense to attach a cooperstown tag to those designs. But now, whatever tags these factories have handy, they are throwing on caps.

I have a hc exclusive two tone twins M from 12/19 that has CC tags. I have a random 1998 era padres SD cap that has the authentic collection tags.I have four in total 1996 era MB brewers hats that all have CC tags, and not a single one is accurate to the real cap. So CC tagging alone doesn’t signify complete accuracy.
This cap used to have an accurate batterman

I have a 1998 ws padres custom that has the CC tagging, and the non flagged custom I have has the authentic collection tag (same as what on fields had). I have various wahoos and the ones with ws patches have CC tags, while some others without it have the authentic collection tags. No rhyme or reason.

I’d say quality AND variety definitely peaked before the poly switch. Hat club had a real nice thing going before Derby got shut down. 2013-2016 were some good years. 2000-2006, even better. Variety now is at an all time high though. Some good things ahead on that front.

The outsourcing really got going after 2005-2007. Many of those pinwheel caps are all made in USA. So many milb caps were made here. Then we saw mlb on fields being out sourced by 2008-2010, and it’s sort of been downhill since.

Last edited:
These always come in handy with Mitchell & Ness Bulls stuff I have that aren't pictured. I like them with my Jordan jerseys and the white and the red '90s warm up jackets. For some reason I wear the black one with red bill way more honestly.
IMG_4407.JPG

A few more oddity loser patches I spotted today
1599331779987.jpeg

1599331914142.jpeg

1599331958366.jpeg

————
New pickup. Can never go wrong with this one. Took a chance with some vague photos. Totally paid off. Not a total steal but paid under today’s retail price.
2006 New York Yankees on field. MUSA 100% wool grey under
D4E3265F-CBEA-4271-98B3-273DBFDD7D5C.jpeg

D4F1E2AA-DBED-4733-B017-6A1A2AC0107E.jpeg

C86187AC-B8D5-4C0A-A288-398B69EB45FA.jpeg

2426C7DE-4E1C-4777-83B8-B4CC4E12BCB5.jpeg

Absolutely pristine quality. I’ll buy as many of these as humanly possible.

I wish hatclub would stop having fedex surepost as the default option. When there's a big drop you have 10 seconds to buy so you rarely have time to change the shipping and anytime I get a package from surepost it takes 8+ days to arrive and I got a package last week where the hat had a small dent from the box being smushed.

Today I get another hat and the box was FLAT. Like pancake flat. I was so pissed off. I messaged them so now I just have to hope they take care of it because this is crazy.

I wish hatclub would stop having fedex surepost as the default option. When there's a big drop you have 10 seconds to buy so you rarely have time to change the shipping and anytime I get a package from surepost it takes 8+ days to arrive and I got a package last week where the hat had a small dent from the box being smushed.

Today I get another hat and the box was FLAT. Like pancake flat. I was so pissed off. I messaged them so now I just have to hope they take care of it because this is crazy.
They save like 80-90 cents vs. using usps. They charge enough on hats and sell out enough, it seems like they would use a superior service. This is when you file claims and maybe HC will get tired of issuing refunds. Or maybe their boxes aren’t so great? Double box them if they have to? Something doesn’t make sense economically on their end. Spend $1 more on a box to double box, or give out a $38 refund? Heck, the buyers would pay for a double box. They’re all dropping $40 plus for a fitted, so money is obviously not a huge issue. It almost sounds like they’re cutting corners and need to be called out on it.

Last edited:
A few more oddity loser patches I spotted today
1599331779987.jpeg

1599331914142.jpeg

1599331958366.jpeg

————
New pickup. Can never go wrong with this one. Took a chance with some vague photos. Totally paid off. Not a total steal but paid under today’s retail price.
2006 New York Yankees on field. MUSA 100% wool grey under
D4E3265F-CBEA-4271-98B3-273DBFDD7D5C.jpeg

D4F1E2AA-DBED-4733-B017-6A1A2AC0107E.jpeg

C86187AC-B8D5-4C0A-A288-398B69EB45FA.jpeg

2426C7DE-4E1C-4777-83B8-B4CC4E12BCB5.jpeg

Absolutely pristine quality. I’ll buy as many of these as humanly possible.
What was the price?

What was the price?
I paid $32 shipped. The auction was missing HAT from the listing, so it sort of took a special search to find it. Apparently they’re an old sports and card shop out of Maine. Luck of the draw.

I’ve bought as low as $15 and as high as $35 (never above retail). There is a seller that has a good run for $45. He’s raised his prices recently. I bought 2-3 for $32 shipped a few years back. I think I’m sitting on a dozen yankee grey unders. Timeless caps.

fanatics is another known culprit of using fedex surepost. I had a hat sit in Kansas for 2 days and then Denver for 3 days before finally making it home to me. Usps is a touch more expensive but caps can be shipped coast to coast in 4 days. Surepost only helps and aides the seller, who went cheap.

50-90 cent difference and a 4-5 day addition? Howis surepost even around? That’s a rip off.

Back
Top Bottom