Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Did myfitteds miss the mark on their pro bowl nfl side patched hats? Or did they forget the memo on uv color? No one wants green or grey or for that matter, team colors? These are some great designs and true pro bowl logos pop.

I never finished my post with @therealest1
We now have Laos, Haiti, China, Bangladesh, and Vietnam.

China/Vietnam/Bangladesh/ Haiti/ Laos is my general pecking order for quality , with USA being first obviously.

My 2018 Lids Winnipeg Whips that I found on eBay is the only one I can recall owning made in Vietnam. It's a 1/4 and I was PLEASANTLY surprised that it fit like my normal 3/8 with no stretching needed.

If only I could find another one...finding it at all last year was hard enough.

Was it a team issued cap? Does it feel or look decent? I’m seeing many game worn or team issued MUSA on fields with terrible materials and shape, they might as well be made overseas. So I’ve stopped seeking new releases that are made in USA. The searching is not worth the end result. They’re vaguely ‘assembled’ in the USA. Nothing like derby.

I never finished my post with @therealest1
We now have Laos, Haiti, China, Bangladesh, and Vietnam.

China/Vietnam/Bangladesh/ Haiti/ Laos is my general pecking order for quality , with USA being first obviously.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it was meant to be a team issued hat that got mixed in with the retail batch. I figured it may have been a leftover hat from a production run still in the US, and then it was mixed in with the other hats made elsewhere to get their heat-pressed patches and then get sent to London.

I bought it at a pop-up store set up outside London Stadium (weird flex, I know) during the weekend of the 2019 London Series between the Yankees and Red Sox. The quality was fine—consistent with other Made in USA models where shape was as expected. I sized up to 7 1/2 and it was not too loose—crown wasn't super high. It was snug with a little bit of flexibility. A 7 3/8 made in USA for me is usually also comfortably snug.

The inventory was a lot less than I expected (a lot of people purchased merchandise the week of, it seems) so I was actually lucky to find a 7 1/2 (there may have only been one or two 7 3/8 remaining). The 7 3/8 model was made in Haiti and I didn't want to purchase it as I feared it would be as much of a lint magnet as older made in China fitteds.

The one thing I have noticed with authentic collection hats made in USA in the last three-plus years: the hologram sticker tends to separate very easily. I dunno if this is something only I've encountered but on hats made in USA, a portion of the sticker always comes loose, like it doesn't have enough adhesive. Worst case, I just peel it off because I get tired of having to press down on it every time. I have grey underbrim hats from 2005 that still have the hologram fully adhered to the underbrim yet I've had to toss two such stickers on USA hats purchased in the last five years because they started to peel partially within the first few months.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it was meant to be a team issued hat that got mixed in with the retail batch. I figured it may have been a leftover hat from a production run still in the US, and then it was mixed in with the other hats made elsewhere to get their heat-pressed patches and then get sent to London.

I bought it at a pop-up store set up outside London Stadium (weird flex, I know) during the weekend of the 2019 London Series between the Yankees and Red Sox. The quality was fine—consistent with other Made in USA models where shape was as expected. I sized up to 7 1/2 and it was not too loose—crown wasn't super high. It was snug with a little bit of flexibility. A 7 3/8 made in USA for me is usually also comfortably snug.

The inventory was a lot less than I expected (a lot of people purchased merchandise the week of, it seems) so I was actually lucky to find a 7 1/2 (there may have only been one or two 7 3/8 remaining). The 7 3/8 model was made in Haiti and I didn't want to purchase it as I feared it would be as much of a lint magnet as older made in China fitteds.

The one thing I have noticed with authentic collection hats made in USA in the last three-plus years: the hologram sticker tends to separate very easily. I dunno if this is something only I've encountered but on hats made in USA, a portion of the sticker always comes loose, like it doesn't have enough adhesive. Worst case, I just peel it off because I get tired of having to press down on it every time. I have grey underbrim hats from 2005 that still have the hologram fully adhered to the underbrim yet I've had to toss two such stickers on USA hats purchased in the last five years because they started to peel partially within the first few months.
Interesting to hear about the hologram stickers. I’ve never noticed. I take everything off upon first wear.

I think we’ve discussed this before, but maybe it’s just old stock with a new patch on it? Some of the 2017 ws hats had 2016 production tagging. You saw it more when the tags changed every 3 years. 2009 cool base hats with 2008 ws patches, and vice versa.
The biggest issue now are the newly designed caps (like the brewers or Padres or rangers/blue jays baby blues). They never had a true American production cycle, so their entire inventory is trash (even if it’s a game worn player cap). Your traditional timeless styles may stand a better chance at say a 2021 opening day cap, but it was made in 2019. Old stock carryovers may be around 2-3 more years on the older styles.

And just like that, HC launches pink bottom SB patched nfl 5950s, and they sell out instantly. Hc has to make it cool

Ecap coming through with some BF finds
Averaged out to $34/hat.
My first all patched pickup set ever.
E781787F-B91A-4B86-BA16-12C9BD9DDB71.jpeg

6E230CE9-2926-459D-A017-E890EBFBD0F4.jpeg

quick comparison with the real 2016 on field on your left and the custom recently recreated.
726CE49F-07D2-43AD-9CAB-55DB6EFB8327.jpeg

I like the custom design better. Stitching and detail is great. The felt/chrome look doesn’t cut it.

——
This was quite the variety.
Padres is grey under/tonal flag, and made in China with poly
Braves is grey under/visible flag, and has wool crown/poly visor, and Bangladesh made.
Marlins is grey under/correct side flag, and has poly crown/wool visor, and is Haiti made.
They all tend to fit a tad large. None seem to have bulbous or ugly crowns. They lean more towards Chinese made all around. Very happy with these. B+ for ecapcity. Now would I be happy with these at retail? Maybe not. But for the discount, these will be kept.

I don’t have enough pickups to make this claim as definitive But the Bangladesh caps from HC are trash, and Macy’s blend of overseas stuff is beyond bad, but the ecap variety I got today, and the 4ucap Bangladesh blend was decent. Maybe it’s luck of the draw? I know they all order from the same factory ? Do they have QC get involved and toss/return the bad caps?

It’s feeling like some shops have better overall quality than others, despite all being made in the same places. Maybe I’m just drunk lol

macys is up to 77 world series hats on their website
Both twins available. What’s odd is, each of them feature a patch that is stitched around the edges only. I’d be iffy on quality and fit. But if you’re brave enough, there’s some great designs.

Last edited:
Those Macy’s World Series fitteds arent good in my opinion. Those side patches look really cheap, not like most customs from all other websites. I had ordered the dodgers and returned it right away.

Interesting

I really hope they're bringing the fitted retro crowns back. They were a nice alternative for folks who don't dig the flat brims and traditional tall crowns. They sold well here in the US around 2017-2018 then disappeared. I'm guessing they were too similar to the low crowns/low profiles, but I thought the retro crowns fit and looked way better.

Latest one I did for the Corporategotem fam is available now. This one is for the Cincinnati boys who swept the defending champs and hoisted up that gold trophy in 1990! Red wool crown, red suede visor/button, and a gold under visor makes for a premium hat for “Da Champs”! It was also imperative this championship hat had the proper C and not the big C!
64C38CFD-4E38-4E10-915D-99B824861DB0.jpeg
071CDC99-C267-4AF1-8BE4-14C99F57AE96.jpeg

I don’t have enough pickups to make this claim as definitive But the Bangladesh caps from HC are trash, and Macy’s blend of overseas stuff is beyond bad, but the ecap variety I got today, and the 4ucap Bangladesh blend was decent. Maybe it’s luck of the draw? I know they all order from the same factory ? Do they have QC get involved and toss/return the bad caps?

It’s feeling like some shops have better overall quality than others, despite all being made in the same places. Maybe I’m just drunk lol

I have 1 pink brim from HatClub, Bangladesh as well. Complete trash. Whole cap feels like cardboard. Couldn’t even get a good bend on the brim smh

Yikes. Just saw myfitteds with a DOUBLE Up/ dual side and back patch caps being sold for $50. Symmetry is all out of wack. Might as well have 6 patches at that point. One patch is historically acceptable. But beyond that. Crazy.
What’s next? A cap with no team logo? Just patches?

jk. Hatland did that already.
1607490235102.jpeg

Yikes. Just saw myfitteds with a DOUBLE Up/ dual side and back patch caps being sold for $50. Symmetry is all out of wack. Might as well have 6 patches at that point. One patch is historically acceptable. But beyond that. Crazy.
What’s next? A cap with no team logo? Just patches?

jk. Hatland did that already.
1607490235102.jpeg
I don’t like it at all. But patches are popular so I see why they’re milking it.

luisfigo luisfigo it may be this one. 91 pro bowl?

Retro crowns are now simply low profiles?
freakydestroyer freakydestroyer that’s a low profile on field if I’ve ever seen one.
The retro crowns used to be a bit more unstructured. Like literal dents in the crown from the materials texture collapsing, more akin to ebbets fields look. But that new era Japanese ig post looks like a normal low profile cap. What am I missing?

——
Two new pickups. Glad to see fanatics had this included with their bf/cm deals
9C8861E9-53EF-4B3C-A511-D76DBBDEF8AD.jpeg
4D756EB8-557A-4EC1-88E1-2F66DA9E409C.jpeg

This is new eras just released Ligature series. Both could pass as an alternate cap of sorts for their teams. Many teams missed the mark. I’m glad to say these two came out great design wise. Twins and brewers if you couldn’t guess. They take cues from their jerseys wordmarks and threw them on a hat.

This
1607725435387.png

And this
1607725528305.png

Quick rundown:
Both are made in Bangladesh, both are poly, both have under visors the same color as the main upper, and both fit large.
I want to say it’s safe to finally say Bangladesh caps are fitting some 1-2 sizes big from everything I’ve come across lately. Not a huge sample size but they’re trending large.
Overall, the caps are trending on being more high crown like made in China caps are, and less bulbous like HC has them.
Materials are lackluster. No true fuzz or softness. The crown is extremely stiff. Overall grade is a B. I’d also never pay retail for these, so $30 shipped is where my B grade comes in.

Back
Top Bottom