Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Updated clip pic

1DB6D419-3642-441B-950D-0A3BEEF0D3CF.jpeg

To think I was getting heated waiting on sourceteamworks as the order took 18 days to go from Canada to the USA.

HC was doing pre orders for awhile but got major complaints. People don’t realize the general order phase was taking 4-6 months, even for the big boys. Whether it’s them ordering for themselves or real pre orders, there’s certainly a delay. It makes me wonder why someone just didn’t do a HC clone website and just sell everything they have sold but delayed 4-6 months.
——

This came in from a 7/4 order from sourceteamworks
F4400C7A-76C0-461C-9E90-79C5F12091EE.jpeg

Plain Jane no patches swinging tiger.
White band/ large ugly batterman/ tonal flag/ grey under

The other plain Jane from topperz is black band and green under with a orange top button, so it’s actually a great remix type hat. I’m up to 4 and none have patches. Loving it.

I’m up to 4 and none have patches. Loving it.

Is 4 the most you have of something?

I was debating on grabbing another Winnipeg Goldeyes that popped up recently and couldn't decide if I really needed a fourth one.

Then I noticed it finally sold the other day after being up for a few weeks. Mild regret.

Is 4 the most you have of something?

I was debating on grabbing another Winnipeg Goldeyes that popped up recently and couldn't decide if I really needed a fourth one.

Then I noticed it finally sold the other day after being up for a few weeks. Mild regret.
Let’s just say, long before this increased variety hit a dozen of these websites, I was big into buying up duplicates. I think I have 30-35 twins M hats, a dozen white sox plain janes, 2 dozen tigers plain janes, and something like 50-60 wahoos (more or less the same exact design) among others.

Anymore, the duplicates sort of stopped. Instead of 4 two tone swinging tigers (I like that one the best), I’ve went the more variety route a bit and have four different colors. I wanna say 80% of my hoard is more or less a duplicate of a cap in my wear pile. Non team color fashion caps, I probably have 5 of in total among many many other caps. I’m trying to shift away from on field stylings or team color only caps.

I know it sounds crazy but there’s a method to the madness.
off the top of my head, among the 50-60, there are:
A few 1987-1988 wahoo on fields
A few 1990-1993 wahoo on fields
A few 1994-1997 wahoo on fields
I think in 94, they finally got an all navy so there’s a few of those
Wahoo was large and flat as a logo until 1995-96
A whole bunch of the basic retro two tones with the newer raised embroidery (hc customs for example)
Then wahoo got smaller and the navy turned lighter, along with a silver outline on wahoo. There’s a bunch of those (home and away).
And then years later, they went with the black nasties, so I had to get a few of those in (home and away).
Then at some point around 08, the wahoo outline turned back to white (while keeping the light navy crown). Had to get some of those (home and away).
Then in 2015, they went back to the darker navy crown. Had to get some of those (home and away).
Add in a 95ws/97ws/ and a 2016ws patch to their basic team caps and it quickly adds up.
Add in some recent all red crown customs and the double 1954 wahoo, and it does all appear to be the same overall cap to an outsider.
When wahoo was retired, lids and macys were selling that cap for $8-$12. I think I picked up a dozen. So you can easily see where some duplication exists What a great investment that would’ve been to buy all sizes.

I’m truly only missing the elusive 1986 era nylon crown wahoo. With that, I think I could call it good. I buy stuff in my size so it all has a chance to be worn.

Last edited:
I know it sounds crazy but there’s a method to the madness.
off the top of my head, among the 50-60, there are:
A few 1987-1988 wahoo on fields
A few 1990-1993 wahoo on fields
A few 1994-1997 wahoo on fields
I think in 94, they finally got an all navy so there’s a few of those
Wahoo was large and flat as a logo until 1995-96
A whole bunch of the basic retro two tones with the newer raised embroidery (hc customs for example)
Then wahoo got smaller and the navy turned lighter, along with a silver outline on wahoo. There’s a bunch of those (home and away).
And then years later, they went with the black nasties, so I had to get a few of those in (home and away).
Then at some point around 08, the wahoo outline turned back to white (while keeping the light navy crown). Had to get some of those (home and away).
Then in 2015, they went back to the darker navy crown. Had to get some of those (home and away).
Add in a 95ws/97ws/ and a 2016ws patch to their basic team caps and it quickly adds up.
Add in some recent all red crown customs and the double 1954 wahoo, and it does all appear to be the same overall cap to an outsider.
When wahoo was retired, lids and macys were selling that cap for $8-$12. I think I picked up a dozen. So you can easily see where some duplication exists What a great investment that would’ve been to buy all sizes.

I’m truly only missing the elusive 1986 era nylon crown wahoo. With that, I think I could call it good. I buy stuff in my size so it all has a chance to be worn.

Looks the same to a regular person, but there's variation in there with the different years and patches, so I get it.

There's no variation here though, and I've thought about how fun it would be to take on the challenge of filling a New Era box of 12 in my wearable sizes. What I'd do with them all though, I have no idea (other than having enough to last me until I'm a senior citizen).

hat - new era - winnipeg goldeyes - 1994 navy & red 11.JPG

Looks the same to a regular person, but there's variation in there with the different years and patches, so I get it.

There's no variation here though, and I've thought about how fun it would be to take on the challenge of filling a New Era box of 12 in my wearable sizes. What I'd do with them all though, I have no idea (other than having enough to last me until I'm a senior citizen).

hat - new era - winnipeg goldeyes - 1994 navy & red 11.JPG
Sounds like a fun project. I think I’ve accomplished that with some black nasties. The twins M is my favorite cap of all time and a seller as of last month had 4-6 available for a decent price. So sometimes stuff just stockpiles.

A lot of buys were a product of good timing and having a huge head. Years back, this seller had a dozen wahoo on fields from 1995 for like $19.99 each. Easy buys a lot of times

I didn’t see the response as nasty, but moreso literally not counting other peoples come ups and comparing to your own. I’ve never had a chance to ask a creator of a product this question so I thought I should. Like is Nike or HC mad their products go for double instantly? Some resellers have to have better profit margins than the original creators and sellers. That’s sad.
Unless he’s keeping half the inventory back and reselling, there has to be a system that he likes and works where caps for $50’ and at most 50 in quantity is making him happy.
Does one think about changing the ordering process or prices or see who is buying that one unique size and banning sales to folks? Bots are pretty amazing. I respect Ty so I didn’t see it as a slight, just more of a focus driven grind to focus only on yourself. I can respect that.

Photo 2022-06-05, 9 20 45 AM.jpg

Photo 2022-06-05, 9 20 50 AM.jpg

* 'no more hats' she said.

I was sure my wife would kill me for this one, not because it's for me, but because it's part of a 5-year wedding anniversary gift for HER.

Biggest Jays fan I know. She's won a contest to announce a lineup of players during an inning. Jose Bautista (her favorite player), threw her a ball at her Jays game bachelorette.

Above all, WAMCO is her favorite Jays era so I knew she needed this one in her collection. Ty, you absolutely killed this joint. I almost even broke my Winnipeg-team's-only rule and kept it for myself.

Thank you to my brother DYNAMICS DYNAMICS for lining this up. Thank you donjuan513 donjuan513 !

* 'no more hats' only applies to her, I'm not quitting. :lol:

Always glad to help.

Actually wore mine for the 1st time to a Jays game late last month, then wore it again to a Jays game a few weeks ago when an NTer was in town. Got stopped, asked questions and complimented a bunch of times at both games on the hat. :lol:

^oceanside blue? That color is special. Were they liking the color or logo/side patch combo. It took me awhile to find a expos Oceanside cap. I’ll throw up a royal blue hc exclusive against a Oceanside tomorrow. I feel the color alone could be on any navy themed cap and succeed. So far it’s just not happening.

Back
Top Bottom