Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Hatcrawler’s bot alone alerts 130K people when any store drops a hat, how do you expect any hat to sit when that happen?
Common sense tell me if my photo is shared 2000 times, I know then that
hat isn't going to last at all- I don't even have 150 hats. I realized nobody on the outside understands how allocations work. There's way more people wanting hats now, small shops aren't doing Lids/Hatclub numbers.

In my case, I don't put a separate stock aside for online. There's been a line down the block for every drop- in town and out of town. It's not really fair to stash hats for online when people have waited hours in line for a hat. So when a hat does go online, it's only a handful.

In the end, it’s just a hat...there’s just not enough hats.

Topperz delivery. Came with a cracked brim, hopefully it looks ok after a steam and curve.
20220819_152722.jpg

New era with the sneaky drop this AM. People hating on the colorway but it’s dope to me. Finally got me a script AZ and Brewers. Waiting for the in hand to pass judgment, brown and mint are cool the pink throwing me of. But we’ll see

19DBAD83-6501-46ED-B5EC-A0AFD59AF4F6.jpeg

Attachments

• 21B486FA-532C-4F02-B32E-C5869ED0EBF3.png
    21B486FA-532C-4F02-B32E-C5869ED0EBF3.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 9
  • A1B40F81-A1E7-4F13-86FC-083E6C0959DB.png
    A1B40F81-A1E7-4F13-86FC-083E6C0959DB.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 3A22972A-0A43-4490-888B-C1DB4D62D407.png
    3A22972A-0A43-4490-888B-C1DB4D62D407.png
    634.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 52003BD3-D506-402E-B028-84419CACA2AF.png
    52003BD3-D506-402E-B028-84419CACA2AF.png
    248 KB · Views: 47
I’m contemplating the prototype Astros one, but grabbed the prototype restock on Topperz and three more hats off LidsHatDrop this morning.

I don't even have 150 hats. I realized nobody on the outside understands how allocations work.
Yeah, it's mostly the "allocations" aspect I don't understand. Like, why wouldn't New Era offer you and Stash double or triple the #s you currently receive? I doubt there would be any noticeable effect on the "hype," and everyone profits more. It's not like you're even like the slightly larger shops like Sneakertown or Cap USA and have multiple releases each week where there's any sort of concern about diluting the marketplace.

It just seems your designs and the Mag Park releases are just made specifically to be the most limited, at least from my perspective. Like, what even is the point of 150 caps - that sounds more like a vanity project than a business plan.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how your caps are really wearable art and you've rightfully developed a loyal following, and have definitely put in the work to do so. I just don't see why you can't get like 500 caps per release instead. I'm sure they'd still get botted to hell, lol, but at least you'd be able to satisfy local demand and still get a decent # online.

My account isn’t set up like Caps USA or Sneakertown for that matter. I'm not a hat store, just a guy that appreciates a good hat. 500 of one hat just for me wouldn't work. Times that by 9 styles and now be ready to pay the $160K bill upfront- New Era wants all of their money. I stay within my means and let hat stores be hat stores. My rep tries his best, but he's only given so many units to distribute within all of his accounts.

I get asked about restocks and pre-orders often as well. Restocking the same hat just doesn't excite me. I prefer to keep creating and bring in new stuff.
I won't deal with pre-orders because New Eras shipping is too inconsistent. Holding onto 1000’s of dollars and not knowing when hats come doesn't sit well with me. That 95North fiasco where people have been waiting a year? Naw not me.
I don't want to deal with people asking me where is their hat every day (which they have every right to).
Allocation is part of it as well. If I’m able to order so many hats a quarter and 90% of those orders are preorders, then I'm left with 1 other hat to order for that period.

New era with the sneaky drop this AM. People hating on the colorway but it’s dope to me. Finally got me a script AZ and Brewers. Waiting for the in hand to pass judgment, brown and mint are cool the pink throwing me of. But we’ll see

19DBAD83-6501-46ED-B5EC-A0AFD59AF4F6.jpeg
I want that Phillies is the brim black

My account isn’t set up like Caps USA or Sneakertown for that matter. I'm not a hat store, just a guy that appreciates a good hat. 500 of one hat just for me wouldn't work. Times that by 9 styles and now be ready to pay the $160K bill upfront- New Era wants all of their money. I stay within my means and let hat stores be hat stores. My rep tries his best, but he's only given so many units to distribute within all of his accounts.

I get asked about restocks and pre-orders often as well. Restocking the same hat just doesn't excite me. I prefer to keep creating and bring in new stuff.
I won't deal with pre-orders because New Eras shipping is too inconsistent. Holding onto 1000’s of dollars and not knowing when hats come doesn't sit well with me. That 95North fiasco where people have been waiting a year? Naw not me.
I don't want to deal with people asking me where is their hat every day (which they have every right to).
Allocation is part of it as well. If I’m able to order so many hats a quarter and 90% of those orders are preorders, then I'm left with 1 other hat to order for that period.

Really appreciate the insight, Ty. Thanks for taking the time to fill me (and us) in :nthat:

I'm getting anxiety and flashbacks to when I managed/ran a fitted shop. :lol: :smh:

Giving New Era all that money to sit and wait forever for stock to come in, a lot of times delayed. Yeah, NOPE!

Back
Top Bottom