Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Heads up

:smh: Ridiculous sale @ lids right now. Select MLB hats are marked down to $10. Couple that with ebates having 10% cash back @ lids, and if you are a lids club member, you can pretty much triple stack all the savings. 5 fitteds for $42 (shipping is free after spending $50, but you only need to order 2-3 hats since they are looking at the original price to get to $50, not the sale price.). You can't beat that anywhere

Oh shiiiii. Repped.

My 7 1/2's in my collection

First of a few $8 sale grabs from lids

Someone had asked about the mlb wool classic fitteds a few weeks back i think. Now that I have them. Very solid.

Made in China. Same color flag on side I could do without. Doesn't feel too boxy. Grey under 100% wool. Batterman on back is flat dating back to the early 2000 wool era. Can't beat the price. Not sure why NE or lids wouldn't be doing more of this style. Ten times better than the Cooperstown collection.

Those were $8?
$8.75 to be exact. Two of my four were $8, while the others were $10. So add in some sales tax and out the door for $8.75 a piece.

Lids sale was crazy if you were into the Diamond Era hats. I almost stock piled a couple more. I ended up with another WS '15 Mets (hoping to rip off the cheap 'patch' and use it as a beater hat) (basically a FSR of those when the sale started), along with a dog ear winter NE Indians that I want to cut the sides off of.. Can't go wrong for what amounts to $35 for 4 hats. A WS '15 at retail was $38 plus tax and shipping. So I basically got free shipping and 3 other hats for free.

Lids sale and some other website sales for back to school were ridiculous

Im done for awhile
Latest pickups

-'15 ws mets. Usa made. 100% poly
-Dog ear Indians. China made. 100% wool. Probably comes closest to the '95 original. You don't see the big wahoo in dark navy much. I may chop that one up a bit.
-2015 dark navy wahoo on field. Usa. 100% poly.
- minor league Syracuse Chiefs alternate #3 low . Usa made.

Bottom three are 1999 era mlb on field customs. China made. 100% wool. Grey unders.

'99 twins
'99 Astros
'99 Mariners alternate. Pretty well to spec considering the uniqueness of the bright silver bill.

Add in the red sox and As hat and it just wasn't fair what I ended up spending

Nice shot of the lighter navy and darker navy wahoo on field.

I like the darker but its so much like almost every other team. Tough call.

Last edited:
i agree, darker blue is cleaner & holds up better over multiple seasons
lighter blue is nice at first but more clumsy looking over time
imo

Will no longer purchase on fields

Not like it matters since the size and crowns were horrible but that's just horrible

:x :x SMMFH :smh::smh: gone the NBA route with adding the logo, basically turning them into "swingman hats"

Will need to pick up my last few on fields and call it a day. On a related note: what do y'all consider MLB essentials? I know region/your team plays a huge part, not collecting EVERY team but I'm just looking for some weekend wears and history of team matters. On my to-get list:
-LA Dodgers
-Pirates
-Cle (Chief Wahoo)

Already got
-Blue Jays
-Cubs
-White Sox
-Red Sox
-Yankees (sorry Mets fans)
-Seattle
-SF Giants

Last edited: