Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Good info green rhino as always. Very obscure green unders and grey unders. Still I'm glad the MLB lets team do what they want on occasion. I guess for a lot of teams, it's a cost thing. Sometimes they aren't willing to go from black to grey or green under.

Some final lids clearance finds arrived.

Both nabbed for under $20/hat.

The Mets is made in USA with imported like my other 86 mets

The marlins is 09-11 cool base via sticker and also the tag shows it. Fit is frickin amazing right off the bat. Wearing it now.

Both came from local (to the team) lids stores. So there is still hope hat these sorts of hats can be found locally.

It's funny. Lids lists a lot of these cool base hats as 2007 AC. Cool base wasn't around until 2009-2011. I've had a few now from lids that just customarily lists newer on fields as 2007. So be careful.

It'll be my third 86 mets tbtc, all bought on discount. Gotta love the deals. Reminds me of my childhood.

I do have a '06 wool marlins that I should post comparison shots of vs the '12 cool base. Give me acouple days and we'll see if we can tell the difference visually.

Last edited:
Craniumfitteds coming through.

Another USA cool base M twins. Can't get enough of that old stock
True gem of the bunch is the 2012 TBTC Detroit tigers fitted. USA made. Poly. Black under. Fits too good
The dud of the bunch is the blue jays. Chino quality all around. Stiff upper and just a weird ugly fit. Yet it's supposed to be a size smaller.
Sd padres is a China grey under custom. The navy color seems to be off a bit. Too light/purple like. Fits good. The mariners altetnate also a China made grey under. Solid fit.
No complaints. I've been on the lookout for the TBTC tigers for awhile. So that's easily worth retail. The twins is always worth $20. So th way I look at it, I got three extras for $20.

On a major slowdown now.

Is that tigers a remake or the on field poly? Been looking for that for awhile as well.

They never had em in stores and didn't wanna deal with ordering online and of course not fitting :smh:

Seems like they all disappeared

Latest Pickup. Cooperstown Collection.
100% Wool
Green Under.
Deflagging will take place this weekend.

zyzz, all points sign to the actual 2012 on field TBTC release. It does not have the sticker around the gold size sticker indicating "official cap of MLB"(they couldve taken that off). But it does have the fly your own flag 2012-2015 era tagging. 100% poly, made in the usa, and your Official on field cap tag on the inside of the cap. Price tag says NEW ERA CAP AC PERFORMACE/ SE12 DETTIG 2012.

It's funny. The one that is officially licenses as Cooperstown collection is the Toronto Bluejays cap, one of the worst ones of the bunch. I've said it before and ill say it again, I dont mind China made customs when the price is right.

CF still has their sale active until the 19th. It looks like that TBTC Tigers is only available in a sz 8 (same size that I got). I probabaly shouldve just bought two lol. Flat logo is taking it back to 1993 and BEYOND

Last edited:
Craniumfitteds coming through.

Another USA cool base M twins. Can't get enough of that old stock
True gem of the bunch is the 2012 TBTC Detroit tigers fitted. USA made. Poly. Black under. Fits too good
The dud of the bunch is the blue jays. Chino quality all around. Stiff upper and just a weird ugly fit. Yet it's supposed to be a size smaller.
Sd padres is a China grey under custom. The navy color seems to be off a bit. Too light/purple like. Fits good. The mariners altetnate also a China made grey under. Solid fit.
No complaints. I've been on the lookout for the TBTC tigers for awhile. So that's easily worth retail. The twins is always worth $20. So th way I look at it, I got three extras for $20.

On a major slowdown now.

That "purple" appearance is typical for Chinese Light Navy fabric

Is that tigers a remake or the on field poly? Been looking for that for awhile as well.

They never had em in stores and didn't wanna deal with ordering online and of course not fitting :smh:

Seems like they all disappeared

It was worn on-field as a Turn Back the Clock hat (when Tigers wore matching retro uniforms).

Yea they just wore it a few seasons ago. I slept like always.

Like I said no lids had em in store so I could actually find the perfect fitting one

Didn't wanna deal with the online ordering and return BS

Lids.com is having a $10 NFL Headwear sale. All of their on sale hats are $10, free shipping to the closest store.

Lids.com is having a $10 NFL Headwear sale. All of their on sale hats are $10, free shipping to the closest store.

You know if the NFL hats fit kinda similar to MLB ones? I remember when the new era NFL hats first came out a few years back people said they fit big.

You know if the NFL hats fit kinda similar to MLB ones? I remember when the new era NFL hats first came out a few years back people said they fit big.

Sizing was all over the place IMO just like all new eras currently

I remember I ended up getting a bunch when they released

Think its time to put my go to out to pasture. Anybody know where I can possibly find another one? Grey under brim

Last edited:
^what size. Ebay tends to occasionally have the originals in the smaller regular sizes, 6 7/8 to 7 1/2 for decent prices. 4ucaps.com have up to 7 3/4 in the made in china "custom" retro variety. Quality is decent.

Where can I find a SF Giants hat with the 83-93 logo?

Amazon has a 7&8 listed with the battle of the bay side patch, made in china etc.
4ucaps has the same battle of the bay side patch in various sizes.
myfitteds has a non patched version(heritage collection, which happens to have a NE flag on the side in matching black)

If you cant find them, I can post the links.

Where can I find a SF Giants hat with the 83-93 logo?
Amazon has a 7&8 listed with the battle of the bay side patch, made in china etc.
4ucaps has the same battle of the bay side patch in various sizes.
myfitteds has a non patched version(heritage collection, which happens to have a NE flag on the side in matching black)

If you cant find them, I can post the links.
I can't find them on Amazon, but thanks.

^do a search for "New Era San Francisco Giants MLB World Series 1989". It should show up at $28.99 in a 7 and a 8. The other places have other sizes.

When purchasing my hats, I'm the type of hat collector that goes outside of my fav. teams. It's just a damn shame, when teams decide to change their logo and make it more modern looking, sometimes it could work, but most of the times ''hands down'' the older logos are simply the best logos. The Houston Rockets is a perfect example of their older logos being better and the list goes on Hornets, Raptors etc. That Washington Huskies logo from 95-2000 was really dope.

Last edited:
When purchasing my hats, I'm the type of hat collector that goes outside of my fav. teams. It's just a damn shame, when teams decide to change their logo and make it more modern looking, sometimes it could work, but most of the times ''hands down'' the older logos are simply the best logos. The Houston Rockets is a perfect example of their older logos being better and the list goes on Hornets, Raptors etc. That Washington Huskies logo from 95-2000 was really dope.
I feel you man. As a Rockets fan, I just pray for the day the Rockets go back to the old logo just like how the Astros went back to their old logo.

What's a good way to get the funky smell out of worn hats

:x

:lol: jk. Maybe febreeze? Lol. You could try Ozium but idk how well that would work... **** can remove the smell of weed from a car so I'm assuming it would clear the smell of sweat from a hat.

Lids literally uses the slowest shipping on the planet.

Latest grabs from the last sale.

Both Made in USA 100% Poly.

07 Marlins
16 TBTC Chicago American Giants

Back
Top Bottom