Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

These came in in last couple of days.
58B21DF4-1F01-46B5-9E4D-0DF6062D3C22.jpeg
4B920BE6-2FA4-4971-9EC0-80925B2AB226.jpeg
C6EE8ED6-0D17-4142-A9A2-1956AEAEB36E.jpeg

Topperz delivery, that new Purple Kush with the Coli patch. Shout out Lunchbox, what you think of this one? Does it get the stamp of approval? :D
20221019_140526.jpg
20221019_140622.jpg

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that looks so good in hand! :smh: Seems Colis keep trickling in. Cap City releasing a new one this weekend which looks good and LockerRoom dropping their half cord one. I really wanted that topperz Purple Kush 2.0 and now seeing these pics mad I didn't try for a reship method.

Anyone know which blanks they use for Fear of God fitteds? Probably my favorite fit in a hat

they're made be NE

They have new era in cursive on the side instead of the NE flag.

I been looking for the blue on because I thought it was a blank but it's got the WS 2012 patch on it. I may end up grabbing the brown one and adding the coli patch to it.

fun Fact because of the high price point on these lids would not embroider on them. Didn't matter what you wanted they wouldn't do it.

I really wanted that topperz Purple Kush 2.0 and now seeing these pics mad I didn't try for a reship method.
Aah man that Seido is nice, Rahnni has been killing it. I got a spare LA bro, but it's 7 3/8. Shame because I know how much you love the Coli patch and would have helped out. They have been restocking stuff automatically on Sundays, a lot of hype hats end up on the site. All the Bisons I have showed have been available to buy again for a second time if I wanted. Very different times compared to a month ago. The craziest Bisons has to be the Purple Berry Slide without the text and that has been sitting in many sizes, which I was amazed at.

It’s so crazy that mad of these hats used to be on the clearance section of Lids and MLB Shop. These crazy color combos y’all love, except they didn’t have the patches.

Can’t say thank you enough @k3stacks for the hat stretcher. **** really works, I’ve done at least 15 hats so far. All of them fit. Some I even stretched too much and are loose on me. It’s a miracle like Ty $
I’d agree. We used to want something the players would wear on field etc.

All these patches are overwhelming as well. Were most of these even worn on field (outside of postseason/WS/all star patches)?

All these patches are overwhelming as well. Were most of these even worn on field (outside of postseason/WS/all star patches)?
They were almost always jersey patches. wallyhopp wallyhopp when did the cap patches start for postseason play? '96? That's what I seem to see doing a Google image search.

I remember my very first New Era fitted back in 1988 (New York Mets) and I wore fitted hats consistently up until around 2015. Took a break from wearing hats and was drawn back by this current side patch and different colored UV‘s wave. I like the new twist on fitted’s, something new and refreshing than just plain janes.

You aren’t wrong though, a lot of the patches we see nowadays were never actually worn. The World Series patch didn’t make it’s debut until 1996, so every other World Series patch beforehand is inaccurate.

I remember my very first New Era fitted back in 1988 (New York Mets) and I wore fitted hats consistently up until around 2015. Took a break from wearing hats and was drawn back by this current side patch and different colored UV‘s wave. I like the new twist on fitted’s, something new and refreshing than just plain janes.

You aren’t wrong though, a lot of the patches we see nowadays were never actually worn. The World Series patch didn’t make it’s debut until 1996, so every other World Series patch beforehand is inaccurate.
To add,
for exact historical sake,‘you’re right about when the side patches on hats started. 90% of these hats are historically wrong I guess you could say. But One could argue that since many of these patches were already on the jersey sleeves, their historical significance on these caps shouldn’t be overlooked any. Most teams just chose to have say their 1980 dodgers asg patch on their dodgers jersey sleeve, or a 1989 angels asg patch on their angels sleeve and not on the hat.

I like the distraction though. Enough to go around for everyone. If there’s any overall disdain, is that many of these great unique side patches aren’t featured on any of their regular team color on field style caps. There’s an odd refusal to put these cool patches on plain janes. Is there a royal blue grey under la coliseum cap? I don’t think I’ve seen one.

donjuan513 donjuan513 did pro image bite off of your initial be alert cubs cap?

Kind of sad places can’t be original in any regard.

Last edited:
wallyhopp wallyhopp I have a strong feeling that the individuals designing these hats just don’t think a plain Jane with some of the patches will hit. They get the whole color / material pallet New Era offers available to them and they aren’t limited. This explains the hit and miss ratio on a lot of these hats. It also magnifies that a lot of the designers aren’t diehard baseball aficionados.

There are some plane Janes out there though that have some of these unique sleeve patches. For example this Braves hat

D681C3B9-33A9-4D16-A0D0-5A4D5FA2737C.jpeg

There’s an odd refusal to put these cool patches on plain janes. Is there a royal blue grey under la coliseum cap? I don’t think I’ve seen one.

Yankees hats from time, no? I'm sure I've seen just about every variation done for them.

Back
Top Bottom