Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by solelistikn1ke1ne

what do you guys mean when you guys say they stencil it on?

Now a days unlike before, they have this technique where they take like carbon paper and pretty much add a liquid to it where the carbon comes off and acts as a stencil on your arm/body. Tattooing is pretty much tracing, which still requires a lot of technique it (think comic books and how they have inkers that draw over sketches). I never really see people do it the old fashion which is to take like a Sharpie and draw it on you first free hand.

bittersweet how much did that "myheart" tattoo cost?
i'm thinking of getting one on the inside of my wrist too

Originally Posted by ccobryan173

I dunno about double price at a convention. Ive gotten good deals everytime. Once i just found a Dude he had downtime and wanted to make as much money that weekend so did a 2.5 hour tat for 130. And once had my regular artist do one at convention like 5 hours for 250 just cause he wanted to do a piece that was crazy for everyone to see and bring business into the shop
word? how long is the waiting time usually?

Originally Posted by DNeou20

bittersweet how much did that "myheart" tattoo cost?
i'm thinking of getting one on the inside of my wrist too
$15.
smile.gif

laugh.gif

MAN YA'LL STILL GOING IN ON MY HUNDREDS TAT!! LOL!!

Yea that was my first tat & I thought it was super dope & unique. I mean no one else I know have a hundreds bomb with Jordan III's on them.
But I did get messed up & ripped off by the artist. It was my first tat & I didnt know much about lines and shading and all that. She charged me a grip too, $480!! I thought I was paying for the worth, since everyone saying don't be afraid to pay, because nice tats aren't cheap, but did I get screwed over!! HAHA!!

I'm still trying to figure a way to probably clean that tat up somehow or get a nice cover up, but with it being so black, cover up seems almost impossible. Its looking horrible now too, the ink is fading and there are so many dark & light patches all through the black ink. The III's kinda started to somehow warped. Any advice? And I see exactly what everyone was saying about the boxes and the lines being so uneven and out of shape! It pissed me off, and when I went back to the artist & demanded a touch up, she tells me its because I been in the sun & it messed up my tat! The sun has nothing to do with your CROOKED lines woman!! I was heated. But since then, I got a couple more tats by a way better artist. I need to get my hands on a camera and take some pics when I finish. This is the guy thats doing my tats now, great work! www.myspace.com/angeltat2

I don't regret my hundreds tat, well not the idea atleast, I wish it was executed to perfection like I imagined it, but it didnt. haha

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^^^^Don't you have to heal though even though it takes 3-4 days? Your arm is going to be super swollen. When I got my big skull done in the pit of my arm, I wouldn't even bend it right for the next couple of days. Only other person I heard did a serious session like that was 50 Cent. Cartoon spent like only a couple of days doing his whole back with only like hour breaks in between.

ualreadyknow23.....the guy that did my tat is Luke Wilson from Everlasting Tattoo in San Francisco. All the artwork was picked from books but he stenciled them on and did everything else. Dope artist and a really nice guy.

http://www.everlastingtattoo.com/

I honestly don't know how it's going to work out but I'm not trying to go back up there like a week later, hopefully I can get it out the way.

GL. most artists wont do anything so close because they want the skin to settle down before they apply anything on swollen skin. my first tattoo took me 6-7 hrs but they flew by mad quick. pics when it's all done sir
pimp.gif

I hope Bobby at least gives you a damn shirt or something for being so down for them.

That sucks about the work. That is why you have to do research (not saying you didn't). Some tattoo artists are good but doesn't mean they can do everything. You kind of have to pick the right one for the job. A cover up is unlikely unless you get it lazered first. I have seen some stuff done before to cover up old tats but usually it consists them doing something super super dark over it. I think accept it for what it is and if you are happy, then so be it.

Man...and I hear about the sun affecting tattoos and it just bugs me out since there is really no escaping this. Luckily San Francisco doesn't have intense heat but I know in the long run, my tat will look like mush.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by solelistikn1ke1ne

what do you guys mean when you guys say they stencil it on?

Now a days unlike before, they have this technique where they take like carbon paper and pretty much add a liquid to it where the carbon comes off and acts as a stencil on your arm/body. Tattooing is pretty much tracing, which still requires a lot of technique it (think comic books and how they have inkers that draw over sketches). I never really see people do it the old fashion which is to take like a Sharpie and draw it on you first free hand.
thanks for the info
pimp.gif

I was wondering if someone had suggestions for a font type for me. I'm getting a script soon on my inner bicep, this is what I kind of hand in mind so far because its elegant and curvy (what I'm going for):

EDIT: so I've narrowed it down to the following...... any input is welcome!!
5911633f19eb171460440c26a8514fcc04e245b9.png

9cb16e3219e31a186f338f7a63741590f3b579cf.png
b1326f83661c1e7017910a627e58ef1bc988da81.png

fb91693d1ae11611687358e733bc867699daa1a5.png
d801683c19ed181e600dbaa063245218fe846463.png

Thanks

cursive font tats>stupid down arm tats in Times font

strength/honor....soooooo original

sauuceking...

a couple of suggestions for your tat.  i would suggest either edwardian script font or chopin script font. both would work for what i think you're looking for. i would just have the artist add more loops/flourishes to the letters,  and maybe put the words a little closer together. but that is just my preference. and i don't know if it is grammatically correct this way but i would suggest that the first letter of each word be capitalized as it looks a whole lot better in my eyes. here's an example in chopin script. edwardian might be a little better even

:
35irmeb.jpg

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

sauuceking...

a couple of suggestions for your tat. i could'nt find an example to post but i would suggest either edwardian script font or chopin script font. both would work for what i think you're looking for. i would just have the artist add more loops/flourishes to the letters, but that is just my preference. and i dont know if it is gramaticaly correct this way but i would suggest that the first letter of each word be capitalized as it looks a whole lot better in my eyes. heres an example in chopin script

:
35irmeb.jpg
I originally thought it would be more grammatically correct in all lower case, but you convinced me it just looks that much better capitalized. Chopin looks great, however, I wanted something thinner to capture "nothing is heavy". I know the boldness will stand out, but I envisioned a wispy elegant font to capture the meaning.

Anyone know any good shops in NYC?
Im looking for someone who is willing to sit down with me and take the time draw out what I want based on what I tell him.
Looking to get my first real ink job.

Back
Top Bottom