Post your TATS vol. inked for life

More work from my artist Nate Beavers.  Boy is a portrait beast...

predator-tattoo-l.jpg

natebeavers2-L.jpg

collaboration%20with%20dominic%20holmes%20large1.jpg

skull-flower-sleeve-tattoo-l.jpg

sanford_L.jpg

purity_strength_L.jpg

leatherface_L.jpg

John_Montgomery_heart_or_head_L.jpg

japanesegirlandlantern_L.jpg

- Preciate it.

I guess it's safe to say Japanese is the most popular style now.  Ever since Prison Break aired it seems like a lot of people want St. Michael tattoos as well.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

what do you guys think of getting tattoos at a tattoo expo?

thats where some of the best artist are but they charge out the ***,,  but if you got the dough i say go for it

Originally Posted by cjspida619

thats where some of the best artist are but they charge out the ***,,  but if you got the dough i say go for it

how much is it usually?

how much is it usually?
im not to positive but they charge more than what they usually do in there shops,, but i would also get 1 done at an expo some of the best artist go to  expos,,

how much is it usually?

depends on the artist, but some almost charge double at conventions.  You thinking about going to that tattoo expo at the cow palace?

Originally Posted by sinser13

how much is it usually?

depends on the artist, but some almost charge double at conventions.  You thinking about going to that tattoo expo at the cow palace?
yep cow palace.. double? soo like 200/hour?

I'm just trying to figure out whats good with all these koi fish? Of course, this is my opinion, but still, at the end of the day, it's a fish. I mean, it might mean something to you, or to some it just looks cool, but a fish? I guess I'm not in "the know" about these koi fish.

I see these koi fish being the next Tasmanian devils or marvin the martians of the 90s. Like, when you see dude 10 years from now with his tat, you look at him, then his tat, and he hits you back with the "yeah, I know what you mean. Not a good look like it was back in 20xx" look.

Once again, no need to hate, just trying to figure out why these are so popular.

how much is it usually?

ya prolly the pic you posted would prolly go for $200 in the shop but at an expo they prolly would charge around $400,, but all depends on the artist

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

I'm just trying to figure out whats good with all these koi fish? Of course, this is my opinion, but still, at the end of the day, it's a fish. I mean, it might mean something to you, or to some it just looks cool, but a fish? I guess I'm not in "the know" about these koi fish.

I see these koi fish being the next Tasmanian devils or marvin the martians of the 90s. Like, when you see dude 10 years from now with his tat, you look at him, then his tat, and he hits you back with the "yeah, I know what you mean. Not a good look like it was back in 20xx" look.

Once again, no need to hate, just trying to figure out why these are so popular.

Generally it stands for perseverance, bravery, and good luck.
So it may be dumb to you, but to me it holds a deeper meaning than something like cartoon characters. And NO, it will never be looked at like it was/is a bad look.

Not to mention, if done right, the artwork is beautiful. Doesnt matter if it's 'just a fish.'

This was my first tatt
6e51557206ba3ce452f3f3b10b26b8a617ae1bf.pjpg

This was taken like 2 days after it was done so it wasnt fully healed. I love it, I dont care if people think its douchey, I think its funny. And yes I know its ridiculous to get a joke tattoo but if I dont find that even funnier when I'm 70 then I'm not the person I want to be.

like-a-tattoo-part-5-3.jpg

like-a-tattoo-part-5-4.jpg

Got my color. Feels odd to get color since I only had black and white thus far. Not totally used to it but like all of this, I guess I'll get used to it in the long run.

did you add those flowers Fong, im not into color but it looks good

how that elbow feel cuz my next session is in that same spot
can you post some pics of the whole piece together without it being in black and white?

Fong

Sick color man that looks real good....I'm hoping i get this job so i can get more work done here soon.

how much is it usually?

ya prolly the pic you posted would prolly go for $200 in the shop but at an expo they prolly would charge around $400,, but all depends on the artist
word about 400? hmm i think i might go if i got the money
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by TheGradeschoolDropout

This was my first tatt
6e51557206ba3ce452f3f3b10b26b8a617ae1bf.pjpg

This was taken like 2 days after it was done so it wasnt fully healed. I love it, I dont care if people think its douchey, I think its funny. And yes I know its ridiculous to get a joke tattoo but if I dont find that even funnier when I'm 70 then I'm not the person I want to be.

sir that is a dope tat
pimp.gif
X
laugh.gif

how much is it usually?

whats so special about an expo that they charge double on the price?

Play

They prob charge quite a bit to rent the spaces at the expos......plus they have to pack up all their stuff from the shop and bring it to the expo so of course thats time and labor. Tattoo artists can charge pretty much what they want. Ask Ben how much his pieces from Cartoon cost...pretty sure its 2 to 3gs just to sit in his chair.

^^^I think it is cause you get to meet and see a ton of artists that normally are not in the local area at one spot. Some tattoo artists travel far to go to some expos.

did you add those flowers Fong, im not into color but it looks good

how that elbow feel cuz my next session is in that same spot
can you post some pics of the whole piece together without it being in black and white?

Actually my tat isn't really on the elbow (the bone part anyways). It hurt but it wasn't the worst spot to me. The side of my arm seems to be taking the cake for works pain thus far. Everything has been pretty decent and the pain is something I think most can handle.

like-a-tattoo-part-4-1.jpg

This is my original tat with no color. I did the photos like that since the rest of it is in black and white anyways. And the color isn't that vibrant on those photos. I made it a little more "cooler" then it should be. My skin is kind of dark so the color doesn't pop out as say on a nice white skin.

Back
Top Bottom