$$$ Post Your TAX REFUND 2012 $$$

4u2c

Banned
Ok so lets compare what others tax refund were and what do you claim on your w4. Seems most claim 0 which I would never do. I always claim 2.

Did my friends tax refund using turbo tax.

Claimed : 0

Federal taxes :$4300

Refund $1200

Claim Self no kids.

So be claiming 0 I think he actually screwed himself

I claim 1. It balances out where I end up giving just enough so I don't get penalized when I owe at the end of the year. I make too much anyways so I end up owing. Even when if I made less I wouldn't want to give up too much money on taxes for strangers to gain interest on my money when I could save up money myself.

Also, forgot to mention that turbo tax is expensive. You should just have your friend use tax slayer or tax act unless he makes less than 37k, then he should use taxfreedom which uses turbo tax and lets you file free.

Originally Posted by 4U2C

Ok so lets compare what others tax refund were and what do you claim on your w4. Seems most claim 0 which I would never do. I always claim 2.

Refund $1200

Claim Self no kids.

Why? He's getting a refund so how did he screw himself?  A refund of $1,200 is rather high for someone claiming "0" exemption. 

Cool thread. But I think I'll wait for the "post your social security number" thread instead.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Refund $1200

Claim Self no kids.

Why? He's getting a refund so how did he screw himself?  A refund of $1,200 is rather high for someone claiming "0" exemption. 

Well for one they took out $4200 and he only got back $1200

2. Why let the gov hold your money? Claim 2, get more back on your check. Invest it on your own. I told him say he gets $40 more on his check per week by claiming 2, take the $40 and invest it and make money off it each week, why let the gov keep it until end of year. By the time the year ends, you will have a pile of money saved up that the refund doesnt even matter

Originally Posted by OkayKK

Also, forgot to mention that turbo tax is expensive. You should just have your friend use tax slayer or tax act unless he makes less than 37k, then he should use taxfreedom which uses turbo tax and lets you file free.

*sees this AFTER using TurboTax*
mad.gif
(My return is like $1,065 and some change)

How does that happened.. ? Claims 0 and federal takes out over 4 gs and he gets back 1200.

I'm afraid I'll get less then what I'm expecting. I too claimed 0

frown.gif

OP is either ignorant or just plain dumb. I never, for the life of me, understood why people would want to cheat on their taxes.

My friend did the claim 1 trick and his check was garnished for 2 years till he paid back the difference and fines imposed.

And FYI, this year, the IRS is 40% more likely to audit us...so yeah.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

OP is either ignorant or just plain dumb. I never, for the life of me, understood why people would want to cheat on their taxes.

My friend did the claim 1 trick and his check was garnished for 2 years till he paid back the difference and fines imposed.

!$+? what is their to cheat about?

Its says on your w4. put 1 if you claim your self and put 1 if you only have one job. Then it says to add it up which = 2. We can go on. If you have children put 1 for each child. Then it says if you claim head of household put another 1.

ACTUALLY NOBODY SHOULD BE CLAIMING 0 AT ALL UNLESS YOUR UNDER 18 AND YOUR PARENTS/SOMEBODY ELSE WILL WILL CLAIM YOU. THEIR IS NOT EVEN INSTRUCTIONS TO PUT 0 DOWN, AT THE LEAST IT SHOULD BE 1

So you can claim 2 easily. My father was a tax person who taught me I know what I.m talking about.  I feel sorry for people claiming 0 because they actually getting less. they are suppose to claim 1 at the least which would be claiming themselves. You claim 0 if somebody else is claiming you. Why claim 0 to get what you think is more back, why not pclaim 2 and out that extra money on your paycheck so you can flip it, instead of the gov. by the end of the year that extra say $40 a week or so can turn into big numbers if invested right more then what you would had earned on it by claiming 0

Check the w4 form for proof. Says starting with A.  Get your learning skills up young one
359y98z.jpg

Actually you can claim "10" if you wanted to but best believe your going to owe at end of year and irs wants their money..

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

!$+? what is their to cheat about?

Its says on your w4. put 1 if you claim your self and put 1 if you only have one job. Then it says to add it up which = 2. We can go on. If you have children put 1 for each child. Then it says if you claim head of household put another 1.

ACTUALLY NOBODY SHOULD BE CLAIMING 0 AT ALL. THEIR IS NOT EVEN INSTRUCTIONS TO PUT 0 DOWN, AT THE LEAST IT SHOULD BE 1

So you can claim 2 easily. My father was a tax person who taught me I know what I.m talking about.  I feel sorry for people claiming 9 because they actually getting less. they are suppose to claim 1 at the least which would be claiming themselves. You claim 0 if somebody else is claiming you

Check the w4 form for proof. Says starting with A.  Get your learning skills up young one
359y98z.jpg

Actually you can claim "10" if you wanted to but best believe your going to owe at end of year and irs wants their money..

damn..

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

W2 still hasnt come in yet. smh
Still waiting for one for a job I only worked at for a month and a half
30t6p3b.gif

I'm gonna get about $1500 back total after I pay taxes. It's bs that I'm not making a huge amount, but I still pay so much in taxes
sick.gif

Well damn..I completed filing on monday or tuesday and I checked my account this morning and it's there. Already! Super fast.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Well damn..I completed filing on monday or tuesday and I checked my account this morning and it's there. Already! Super fast.
pimp.gif

frown.gif
I gotta wait until the 14th.How did you go about doing your taxes?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Turbo Tax..Free edition.
i did the free edition and they trying to charge me $20 because i have a 1099 from 3 weeks of unemployment.
eff that im just gonna wait for my grandma to use her turbo tax program she purchased

Back
Top Bottom