Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

Most of this new rap today is trash. Just because it's different doesn't make it good.

Shady 2.0>>>>> YMCMB

As old as he is, Jay still raps better than a majority of artists out now

Drake will never be a great artist

Nicki Minaj wasn't always trash, she got that way after she start rockin w/ YM

Just b/c it isn't mainstream doesn't make it good

All true talented artists get ignored for cliche, wack rappers

No, J.Cole isn't that good, he was but hasn't progressed.

NT loves an artist til they make it then they hate em

I believe most music today is accepted because the weed has fried too many listeners brain cells

Wale has yet to find an identity

The Pac vs B.I.G. debate will never end so it's pointless to pin them up against one another

Jada isn't top 5 dead or alive

Young Chris, Freeway, Beans, and Peedi Crack would still give these new artists a run for their money and take it, lyricially.

Baby needs to stop buyin expensive nonsense and pay ppl for their services

Baby will never have Jay Z money

Most of this new rap today is trash. Just because it's different doesn't make it good.

Shady 2.0>>>>> YMCMB

As old as he is, Jay still raps better than a majority of artists out now

Drake will never be a great artist

Nicki Minaj wasn't always trash, she got that way after she start rockin w/ YM

Just b/c it isn't mainstream doesn't make it good

All true talented artists get ignored for cliche, wack rappers

No, J.Cole isn't that good, he was but hasn't progressed.

NT loves an artist til they make it then they hate em

I believe most music today is accepted because the weed has fried too many listeners brain cells

Wale has yet to find an identity

The Pac vs B.I.G. debate will never end so it's pointless to pin them up against one another

Jada isn't top 5 dead or alive

Young Chris, Freeway, Beans, and Peedi Crack would still give these new artists a run for their money and take it, lyricially.

Baby needs to stop buyin expensive nonsense and pay ppl for their services

Baby will never have Jay Z money

Dipset has always been trash they just got blessed with hard beats and they got a lot of Swag.

American Gangster is Jays 3rd best album after RD and BP

Fab had the potential to takeover NY after Jay and Nas

Rae and Ghost are the only great rappers in the Wu

Deathrow didn't come close to being what they coulda been

Kanye is the 2nd most important rapper after Pac. Not best, important.

Dipset has always been trash they just got blessed with hard beats and they got a lot of Swag.

American Gangster is Jays 3rd best album after RD and BP

Fab had the potential to takeover NY after Jay and Nas

Rae and Ghost are the only great rappers in the Wu

Deathrow didn't come close to being what they coulda been

Kanye is the 2nd most important rapper after Pac. Not best, important.

Jay Z = Nickelback of rap.

90% of the rap out now is what hair metal was to rock and rollin the late 80's/early 90's, especially that troll little wayne.

90% of the rap out now is what hair metal was to rock and rollin the late 80's/early 90's, especially that troll little wayne.

Originally Posted by psk2310

What? I don't get it. Jay is great and Nickelback was trash. So how's Jay = Nickelback?

What? I don't get it. Jay is great and Nickelback was trash. So how's Jay = Nickelback?

ONEFORALL wrote:
psk2310 wrote:

Reasonable Doubt is a classic, not just in the rap genre. Everything after that except some jawns here & there sounded like music intended for a beer commercial or something for the suburban soccer mom set...

ONEFORALL wrote:
psk2310 wrote:

Reasonable Doubt is a classic, not just in the rap genre. Everything after that except some jawns here & there sounded like music intended for a beer commercial or something for the suburban soccer mom set...

ONEFORALL wrote:
psk2310 wrote:

2u903zs.gif

ONEFORALL wrote:
psk2310 wrote:

2u903zs.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

^ So non of his albums after that ain't good???

There's a few tracks on each of his albums that are on point but like 70%-75% of each of his albums sound like beer commercials or songs for a Prius commercial...  

Edit- those few tracks that I referenced are better than on point, some of them are classics but I still stand on the comment that the rest of those albums were filled with said music...

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

^ So non of his albums after that ain't good???

There's a few tracks on each of his albums that are on point but like 70%-75% of each of his albums sound like beer commercials or songs for a Prius commercial...  

Edit- those few tracks that I referenced are better than on point, some of them are classics but I still stand on the comment that the rest of those albums were filled with said music...

E-40 is vastly underated
Asher didnt blow up more because hes white and people didnt give his mixtapes a listen because of it
Alot of NYers think there artists are buzzin when they only get play in the region (ex. Vato)
Joell ortiz is better the 97% of the people in the game but its to late for his single career
Kendrick Lamar is better then 99% of the game but wont blow because he lacks the swag to get propper radio play
Childish gambino is vastly overlooked by many becasue of who he is, but he will also blow soon because of who he is

E-40 is vastly underated
Asher didnt blow up more because hes white and people didnt give his mixtapes a listen because of it
Alot of NYers think there artists are buzzin when they only get play in the region (ex. Vato)
Joell ortiz is better the 97% of the people in the game but its to late for his single career
Kendrick Lamar is better then 99% of the game but wont blow because he lacks the swag to get propper radio play
Childish gambino is vastly overlooked by many becasue of who he is, but he will also blow soon because of who he is

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

E-40 is vastly underated
I'll have to disagree about Asher, he didn't really cater to a particular group. Mac Miller will appeal to more ppl than Asher did but that's my opinion.
I have to say I agree w/ everything else except the gambino one since I've never heard him

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

E-40 is vastly underated
I'll have to disagree about Asher, he didn't really cater to a particular group. Mac Miller will appeal to more ppl than Asher did but that's my opinion.
I have to say I agree w/ everything else except the gambino one since I've never heard him

I would actually say that Ashers mixtape stuff catered more to the people who didnt support him but very little heard it (i actually like mac and asher)

And idk if u mean u dont know who childish gamibino is (Donald Glover- Black kid from The Community) or just never heard is music (you should check his stuff out)

I would actually say that Ashers mixtape stuff catered more to the people who didnt support him but very little heard it (i actually like mac and asher)

And idk if u mean u dont know who childish gamibino is (Donald Glover- Black kid from The Community) or just never heard is music (you should check his stuff out)

-Drake has realized he aint that great of a rapper and is slowly becoming an R&B singer and he is only successful at that becuase he writes good songs
-Graduation is Kanye's best album
-Tyga would be on the radio if Lil Wayne wanted him to
-Anybody that hands Waka Flocka a mic deserves to be punched in the face
-R.E.D. Album is trash
-Big K.R.I.T. is the King of the South

Back
Top Bottom