Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Trey Songz sucks. Can't sing. Can't rap. Corny. Trey Songz is the Terrance J of music.

I just died
roll.gif

Lil' Wayne is NOTTTTTTTTT!!!!! clever.
Big Sean makes good music (no pun intended).
J Cole's Sideline Story was a very good album, don't understand why people hated it.
Section 80 is great but heavily overrated on NT.
Big KRIT is all right but he's not the second coming of Jesus.
Drake is probably the most versatile artist in hip-hop (different flows, different genres, etc). Kanye is 1B in that regard.
Nas is the greatest rapper to ever grace the microphone.
Game's RED Album was terrible.
Game's LAX was better than average and not a blunder everyone claims it was.
The Weeknd has quickly become one of my favourite artists in all of music.
Mavado > Vybz Kartel and it's not close in my opinion.
Michael Jackson > Prince
T-Minus is a top 5 producer right now. Maybe even top 3.

J Cole's Sideline Story was a very good album, don't understand why people hated it.
Drake is probably the most versatile artist in hip-hop (different flows, different genres, etc). Kanye is 1B in that regard.
Michael Jackson > Prince

Who the hell bumped this thread?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Here are a couple of mine:

--After thinking more about his catalog and the things he says, Eminem is the most overrated MC ever. Top 5 for me, but the man gets away with spitting more nonsense than anyone else. You won't see any other MC be able to say the things he says without either indifference or backlash.

--Kanye West is a top 10 Hip-hop artist in history.

--Yelawolf could possibly (and easily) make the best music out of anyone on the Shady label. Yep, including that other white MC.

--WTT is actually the masterpiece that Kanye West wanted to make with MBDTF. His best work since LR.

--...on the previous note, 808's is an underrated album from him.--T.I.'s career continues to be underrated. For me, he's better than Face Mobb and is right on the heels of the Outkast duo for best southern artists ever.--Saying that the "RED Album is trash" isn't am unpopular opinion. Alot of people thought it was.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

--After thinking more about his catalog and the things he says, Eminem is the most overrated MC ever. Top 5 for me, but the man gets away with spitting more nonsense than anyone else. You won't see any other MC be able to say the things he says without either indifference or backlash.

--Yelawolf could possibly (and easily) make the best music out of anyone on the Shady label. Yep, including that other white MC.

--WTT is actually the masterpiece that Kanye West wanted to make with MBDTF. His best work since LR.

--...on the previous note, 808's is an underrated album from him.--T.I.'s career continues to be underrated. For me, he's better than Face Mobb and is right on the heels of the Outkast duo for best southern artists ever.--Saying that the "RED Album is trash" isn't am unpopular opinion. Alot of people thought it was.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

--...on the previous note, 808's is an underrated album from him. --T.I.'s career continues to be underrated. For me, he's better than Face Mobb and is right on the heels of the Outkast duo for best southern artists ever. --Saying that the "RED Album is trash" isn't am unpopular opinion. Alot of people thought it was.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....You're welcome.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

--...on the previous note, 808's is an underrated album from him. --T.I.'s career continues to be underrated. For me, he's better than Face Mobb and is right on the heels of the Outkast duo for best southern artists ever. --Saying that the "RED Album is trash" isn't am unpopular opinion. Alot of people thought it was.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....You're welcome.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Michael Jackson > Prince

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT Drake sounds the same on nearly EVERY song

Michael Jackson > Prince

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Michael Jackson > Prince

Forever (stop-pause)
HYFR (double-time)
Miss Me
Light Up

Spits differently in each of those songs and that's just a sample of songs.

Michael Jackson > Prince

Forever (stop-pause)
HYFR (double-time)
Miss Me
Light Up

Michael Jackson > Prince

Forever (stop-pause)
HYFR (double-time)
Miss Me
Light Up

qft

Michael Jackson > Prince

Forever (stop-pause)
HYFR (double-time)
Miss Me
Light Up

qft

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....You're welcome.

laugh.gif
thanks

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....You're welcome.

laugh.gif
thanks

- Big K.R.I.T just has that realness AND soul in his music that I don't hear in Drake, Wale, Big Sean, nor J.Cole (honestly just quite a few newer rappers)
- Houston rap ain't dead, people just moved on to the next city/region.
- WTT is a mediocre album based on the type of artists Jay & Kanye are.
- Ludacris > T.I.
- Tony Yayo is not that bad of a rapper based on your current faves.
- Every aspect of hip hop/rap culturebeing easily accesible is what killed off exclusive regional sounds of music. But people continue to mistake that for evolving.
- Cee-Lo Green is a good singer, but there's nothing like him REALLY going in rapping. "Big Ole Words" >>>> his alternative tracks.

- "Ignorant"/subpar southern rappers >>>> "ignorant"/subpar East Coast rappers. The southern rappers actually know how to grind
and work together to get on the radio. The East Coast rappers *@&#^ and moan to bring each other down, while at the same time
think they're the second coming of Nas/Jay/BIG, when they are truly no better than Webbie or J-Kwon.
- All these rappers just now squashing beef and making songs together are anywhere from 3-5 years late past when they should have
squashed it.
- Project Pat, Beanie Sigel, and Styles P are the most raw, grimey, don't give a *@&# rappers out.
- Drake is an average rapper and an average singer. Can't make classics when you're average.
- Wiz Khalifa staying in his lane >>>>> Drake & J. Cole trying to be the next Jay or Nas.

- Just cause you're an obscure/underground artist doesn't mean you're actually good.
- Rick Ross' discography is pretty flawless if you ignore his personal life.
- "All rap music sounds the same" - If you can't tell the difference between Talib Kweli, Gucci Mane, Kendrick Lamar, Scarface, go see on audiologist.
- A lot of new rappers out aren't actually bad, their music just doesn't differ much from their competition.
- Lil' Wayne is probably the best and worst thing to happen to the hip hop music industry.
- New West Coast artists >>>> New East Coast artists
- The lower selling RnB artists are honestly better than the ones with the most sales/exposure.
- Being "diverse" in your music tastes doesn't automatically override someone's else who predominately listens to 1 or 2 genres.
- Money and success WILL change your music (probably not an unpopular opinion though)
- Documentary > (or) = Doctor's Advocate >> RED >>>>> LAX
- Slim Thug is too overlooked as an artist. Probably one of a fraction of rappers (especially in Houston) who never compromised his style/sound
(yes, even on his mostly Pharrell produced 2005 album).

**may come back and most some others, not sure**

- Big K.R.I.T just has that realness AND soul in his music that I don't hear in Drake, Wale, Big Sean, nor J.Cole (honestly just quite a few newer rappers)
- Houston rap ain't dead, people just moved on to the next city/region.
- WTT is a mediocre album based on the type of artists Jay & Kanye are.
- Ludacris > T.I.
- Tony Yayo is not that bad of a rapper based on your current faves.
- Every aspect of hip hop/rap culturebeing easily accesible is what killed off exclusive regional sounds of music. But people continue to mistake that for evolving.
- Cee-Lo Green is a good singer, but there's nothing like him REALLY going in rapping. "Big Ole Words" >>>> his alternative tracks.

- "Ignorant"/subpar southern rappers >>>> "ignorant"/subpar East Coast rappers. The southern rappers actually know how to grind
and work together to get on the radio. The East Coast rappers *@&#^ and moan to bring each other down, while at the same time
think they're the second coming of Nas/Jay/BIG, when they are truly no better than Webbie or J-Kwon.
- All these rappers just now squashing beef and making songs together are anywhere from 3-5 years late past when they should have
squashed it.
- Project Pat, Beanie Sigel, and Styles P are the most raw, grimey, don't give a *@&# rappers out.
- Drake is an average rapper and an average singer. Can't make classics when you're average.
- Wiz Khalifa staying in his lane >>>>> Drake & J. Cole trying to be the next Jay or Nas.

- Just cause you're an obscure/underground artist doesn't mean you're actually good.
- Rick Ross' discography is pretty flawless if you ignore his personal life.
- "All rap music sounds the same" - If you can't tell the difference between Talib Kweli, Gucci Mane, Kendrick Lamar, Scarface, go see on audiologist.
- A lot of new rappers out aren't actually bad, their music just doesn't differ much from their competition.
- Lil' Wayne is probably the best and worst thing to happen to the hip hop music industry.
- New West Coast artists >>>> New East Coast artists
- The lower selling RnB artists are honestly better than the ones with the most sales/exposure.
- Being "diverse" in your music tastes doesn't automatically override someone's else who predominately listens to 1 or 2 genres.
- Money and success WILL change your music (probably not an unpopular opinion though)
- Documentary > (or) = Doctor's Advocate >> RED >>>>> LAX
- Slim Thug is too overlooked as an artist. Probably one of a fraction of rappers (especially in Houston) who never compromised his style/sound
(yes, even on his mostly Pharrell produced 2005 album).

**may come back and most some others, not sure**

Nas>Jay
Eminem is wack now
Cole>Lamar
People do check Cole thanks to hov/roc nation but they stayed fans cause cole is nice. Hov just helped put some of his newer mainstream fans on
Big sean however wouldnt be ++!* without Kanye

Back
Top Bottom