Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

-Drake has realized he aint that great of a rapper and is slowly becoming an R&B singer and he is only successful at that becuase he writes good songs
-Graduation is Kanye's best album
-Tyga would be on the radio if Lil Wayne wanted him to
-Anybody that hands Waka Flocka a mic deserves to be punched in the face
-R.E.D. Album is trash
-Big K.R.I.T. is the King of the South

-drake i dont really agree with because it doesent matter how good he is if people listen... And the people who buy albums love drake
-tyga cant get shine because hes a caracatcher of a bunch of diffrent rappers, doesent have his own style
-wakw although he cant rap he has presence or swag.......ask wale or roscoe if they were glad he was on no hands.............any non big artist should be punched in the face if they have a club song and decline putting waka on it (only club songs)

-drake i dont really agree with because it doesent matter how good he is if people listen... And the people who buy albums love drake
-tyga cant get shine because hes a caracatcher of a bunch of diffrent rappers, doesent have his own style
-wakw although he cant rap he has presence or swag.......ask wale or roscoe if they were glad he was on no hands.............any non big artist should be punched in the face if they have a club song and decline putting waka on it (only club songs)

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

I would actually say that Ashers mixtape stuff catered more to the people who didnt support him but very little heard it (i actually like mac and asher)

And idk if u mean u dont know who childish gamibino is (Donald Glover- Black kid from The Community) or just never heard is music (you should check his stuff out)

Actually both.
laugh.gif
I don't watch the Community and never heard his stuff. I'll def check it out tho.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

I would actually say that Ashers mixtape stuff catered more to the people who didnt support him but very little heard it (i actually like mac and asher)

And idk if u mean u dont know who childish gamibino is (Donald Glover- Black kid from The Community) or just never heard is music (you should check his stuff out)

Actually both.
laugh.gif
I don't watch the Community and never heard his stuff. I'll def check it out tho.

-Take Care is sounding like a classic at the moment. If I can play it back awhile from now and have this same feeling, its a classic to me. He'll be 2 for 2

-Childish Gambino is one of the best lyricist in the game

-Skeme is underrated.

-"Marvin's Room" is the best Hip-Hop/r&b jaunt that dropped this year. The song writing on here is so good

-At the same time, I do think Drake leaves a little to be desired when he straight raps, but when he blends the rapping and the harmonies/singing, its piff.

-Cold World: The Sideline Story is a classic.

-Jet 2 is one of the best rappers i've came across this year. The lyrics are their, the song making is there, the flow is there,etc . Never Stop is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(Homer pick, but true)

-Watch the throne is not just overrated….its trash. Section 80, Take Care, Cold World, FTWWLII, Camp, Big Krit's joint, FF,and a few others all >

-The Weeknd's song writing ability is phenomenal to me. I'm sometimes enthralled with it. HOB and Thursday were both awesome. 9/10

-40 is the definition of perfecting what you do well. Brilliant

-I liked The Real Is Back II from Jeezy

-Finally Famous was a good debut album

-ASAP is a painfully average rapper, don't see the hype behind him AT ALL.

-Kendrick is one of the best lyricist Hip-Hop has seen in a long time.

-Take Care is sounding like a classic at the moment. If I can play it back awhile from now and have this same feeling, its a classic to me. He'll be 2 for 2

-Childish Gambino is one of the best lyricist in the game

-Skeme is underrated.

-"Marvin's Room" is the best Hip-Hop/r&b jaunt that dropped this year. The song writing on here is so good

-At the same time, I do think Drake leaves a little to be desired when he straight raps, but when he blends the rapping and the harmonies/singing, its piff.

-Cold World: The Sideline Story is a classic.

-Jet 2 is one of the best rappers i've came across this year. The lyrics are their, the song making is there, the flow is there,etc . Never Stop is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(Homer pick, but true)

-Watch the throne is not just overrated….its trash. Section 80, Take Care, Cold World, FTWWLII, Camp, Big Krit's joint, FF,and a few others all >

-The Weeknd's song writing ability is phenomenal to me. I'm sometimes enthralled with it. HOB and Thursday were both awesome. 9/10

-40 is the definition of perfecting what you do well. Brilliant

-I liked The Real Is Back II from Jeezy

-Finally Famous was a good debut album

-ASAP is a painfully average rapper, don't see the hype behind him AT ALL.

-Kendrick is one of the best lyricist Hip-Hop has seen in a long time.

Big > Pac
Nas > Jay
Black Album > Reasonable Doubt *kanye shrug*
Big Boi is better than people think
Yelawolf will be greater than people think if he puts out enough albums(dude is already in his 30's)
Curren$y is overrated on NT
Kendrick Lamar will be the leader of the new school when his official album drops
Tech N9ne is extremely underrated
Slaughterhouse is the best rap group since the WU (flame suit fully equipped)
Shady 2.0 > G.O.O.D., Roc Nation, YM
I got a feeling that Jay Electronica's first album will be a disappointment (He dope tho)
Locksmith is extremely overlooked
If Kanye didn't produce nobody would care
Juvenile is underappreciated
Lloyd Banks > Loso

Big > Pac
Nas > Jay
Black Album > Reasonable Doubt *kanye shrug*
Big Boi is better than people think
Yelawolf will be greater than people think if he puts out enough albums(dude is already in his 30's)
Curren$y is overrated on NT
Kendrick Lamar will be the leader of the new school when his official album drops
Tech N9ne is extremely underrated
Slaughterhouse is the best rap group since the WU (flame suit fully equipped)
Shady 2.0 > G.O.O.D., Roc Nation, YM
I got a feeling that Jay Electronica's first album will be a disappointment (He dope tho)
Locksmith is extremely overlooked
If Kanye didn't produce nobody would care
Juvenile is underappreciated
Lloyd Banks > Loso

-Game Theory is one of the most definitive albums of the 2000's
-D'Angelo > John Legend, Anthony Hamilton, Dwele, Musiq, Saadiq, Bilal, Raheem etc etc...combined

-What's a Mac Miller?

-The Foreign Exchange is very underrated

-Eminem isn't top ten

-Phonte's verse on Cunninlynguists "yellow lines" is his best ever

-Off the Wall > Thriller

-Stevie Wonder > all

randoms...

-D'Angelo > John Legend, Anthony Hamilton, Dwele, Musiq, Saadiq, Bilal, Raheem etc etc...combined

-What's a Mac Miller?

-Eminem isn't top ten

-Off the Wall > Thriller

-Stevie Wonder > all

randoms...

If drake doesn't get a Grammy of some type for Take Care he is being robbed.. Def not album of the year Watch The Throne takes that but.. Male artist or something give this kid a break.. He is literally pouring his heart out in this music.. Cocaine or not give him some type of credit..

If drake doesn't get a Grammy of some type for Take Care he is being robbed.. Def not album of the year Watch The Throne takes that but.. Male artist or something give this kid a break.. He is literally pouring his heart out in this music.. Cocaine or not give him some type of credit..

- People are overrating the living hell out of Take Care
- J Cole's album while decent was still a disappointment, he's lyrically better than that. People were more so just happy it actually came out and sold well
- Flockaveli is STILL the most enjoyable album I've heard in the last 5 years
- Juicy J (or Three 6 Mafia) gets little to no attention here on NT
indifferent.gif

- Pusha T can't hold his own as a solo artist, he needs Malice
- Kendrick Lamar is boring as hell and he's getting too much hype for every single verse he drops
- TM103 is gonna be a good album despite the bad singles Jeezy has chosen so far
- Big K.R.I.T.'s album will get pushed back again
indifferent.gif

- People are overrating the living hell out of Take Care
- J Cole's album while decent was still a disappointment, he's lyrically better than that. People were more so just happy it actually came out and sold well
- Flockaveli is STILL the most enjoyable album I've heard in the last 5 years
- Juicy J (or Three 6 Mafia) gets little to no attention here on NT
indifferent.gif

- Pusha T can't hold his own as a solo artist, he needs Malice
- Kendrick Lamar is boring as hell and he's getting too much hype for every single verse he drops
- TM103 is gonna be a good album despite the bad singles Jeezy has chosen so far
- Big K.R.I.T.'s album will get pushed back again
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by carlos2220

-'Angelo > John Legend, Anthony Hamilton, Dwele, Musiq, Saadiq, Bilal, Raheem etc etc...combined

-What's a Mac Miller?

-Eminem isn't top ten

-Off the Wall > Thriller

-Stevie Wonder > all

randoms...

This, but it's not saying that much... The dudes you compared to D'Angelo combined don't compare to artistically & I honestly think they'd admit that too. D is on a whole 'nother level. he needs to come back with another release though...Jonesn for some new D...

Originally Posted by carlos2220

-'Angelo > John Legend, Anthony Hamilton, Dwele, Musiq, Saadiq, Bilal, Raheem etc etc...combined

-What's a Mac Miller?

-Eminem isn't top ten

-Off the Wall > Thriller

-Stevie Wonder > all

randoms...

This, but it's not saying that much... The dudes you compared to D'Angelo combined don't compare to artistically & I honestly think they'd admit that too. D is on a whole 'nother level. he needs to come back with another release though...Jonesn for some new D...

Drake is not lyrical, he just says real ##@% so people oooo & ahhh off that.
The Carter 4 wasnt as bad as people made it seem. The hooks were ok but the verses were subpar at best.
Wale even with his 1st week success is still underrated.
Cole World is actually a classic like Hov predicted.
Curren$y is one of the most consistent dudes in the rap game.
50 cent's conrolls have a problem growing.
Malice > Pusha T...even though they're both dope.
WTT is not the album of the year.
Waka Flocka is a asset to the rap game. We need that ignorant-club bangerish-no substance kinda music whether we like it or not.
Shake Life > FAME...and neither appear on the album yet. SMH cmon Jeezy!
Freddie Gibbs is tough.
A$AP is mediocre.
Late Registration > College Dropout.

Drake is not lyrical, he just says real ##@% so people oooo & ahhh off that.
The Carter 4 wasnt as bad as people made it seem. The hooks were ok but the verses were subpar at best.
Wale even with his 1st week success is still underrated.
Cole World is actually a classic like Hov predicted.
Curren$y is one of the most consistent dudes in the rap game.
50 cent's conrolls have a problem growing.
Malice > Pusha T...even though they're both dope.
WTT is not the album of the year.
Waka Flocka is a asset to the rap game. We need that ignorant-club bangerish-no substance kinda music whether we like it or not.
Shake Life > FAME...and neither appear on the album yet. SMH cmon Jeezy!
Freddie Gibbs is tough.
A$AP is mediocre.
Late Registration > College Dropout.

Jeezy should have made Trap or Die 2 his retail album.

Drake needs to go back to Comeback Season, but for someone so in control of his career, its funny to see people talk crap about him. Hes winning and he knows it.

Kanye pretty much birthed every rapper on the blogs. 
Kanye is the example of what it means to be a good artist and not necessarily a good rapper.

Pharrell has had as much if not more impact in terms of style fashion than Kanye...

Dudes think Pharrell cant rap.

The Clipse are somewhat overrated.

The music supervisor Scott Vener is a god in terms of discovery. 

Big KRIT is the best southern artist since TI/Ross.

Ludacris is one of the greatest rappers ever.

Flocka and Gucci will be around longer than Jeezy.

Bow Wow has gotten way better.

Wale raps with too many syallables.

Rick Ross is the most improved lyricist i've ever seen. Ever.

The best West Coast Artist is Dom Kennedy...and has potential to be one of the best to ever come out of LA LA Land. 

The South has the best hip-hop

Last Train to Paris and the Valentines Day remix album were amazing.

Glow in the Dark will probably be Kanye's best tour to date.

Rap is getting boring...its more about the vibe and the emotion in music now...and I can't knock it...this is why Drake and Wiz and other vibed out/weed rappers have done so well.

Cudi will be the new Mos Def.

The Roots are consistently underrated.

Black Thought is the most underrated MC.

Comeback Season is a classic mixtape. More so than So Far Gone.

Yelawolf and Asher Roth are better than Eminem

R&B is slowly coming back.

Trey Songz sucks. Can't sing. Can't rap. Corny. Trey Songz is the Terrance J of music.

E-40 is underrated.

I'm actually impressed when Flo-Rida and Pitbull legitimately rap...its like their ace-card.

Atlanta is still running the music scene.

Slim Thug's first album was before its time.

Houston needs to get on their **** and make a resurgence.

Jazz and chill-wave electronica are more meaningful than rap is these days.

We need more mainstream political rap.

GOOD Music/YMCMB/MMG are all tied right now. 

Big Sean is an incredible artist.

Nicki Minaj isn't bad when she actually raps.

Nas and Damien Marley need another album.

Reggae is more important than hip-hop. (reggae artists BIRTHED hip-hop flows)

J Cole is the most overhyped artist in years. If it wasn't for Jay-Z cosign i'd have NEVER listened and honestly since I have, I've barely been remotely impressed. 

Rihanna needs to stick to island music. Man Down was the one song of hers that I REALLY liked because of that Caribbean vibe...

808s was a definitive album in the development of rap music.

Releasing MBDTF tracks over a long period of time ruined the album.

Mac Miller can actually spit.

Diggy Simmons is really impressive.

Rap purists are delusional because most of their most revered artists lived lives they NEVER did yet they most likely relate to current artists in terms of day-to-day life.

Teedra Moses is the best R&B artist out right now.

Beyonce needs to stick to more soul-ful songs like Party.

I hate the rush of R&B artists doing dance music now.

Fans arguing over album sales are idiots.

Off the wall > Thriller

Jermaine Dupri is underrated. He is also an innovator in social marketing/media.

Polow da Don is underrated.

Rich Boy's debut album is highly slept on.

Ciara needs to never touch a microphone ever.

Justified > FutureSex/LoveSounds

People in clubs need to dance more.
I'm not sure if lil wayne sucks now or if he was ever good...he has moments of life that remind me that he is good at putting words together...but over time, I've lost the attraction.

Blue-Eyed Soul never strikes me the right way...but Amy Winehouse was gone too soon. 

The black-eyed peas ...I don't get it...I mean I do...but I don't...

Monica has an incredible voice.

Pill never should have signed with MMG. 

Meek Mill is a cash cow.

GunPlay needs to get more support out of MMG.

Hell, MMG has a sick roster right now. 

RocNation is a failure.

The Weeknd is slightly overrated. I feel his mysterious nature and the combination of drake's cosign might have made him unnecessarily untouchable. 

Foreign Exchange is slept on.

B.o.B. tries so hard to be Andre 3000. Something about him doesn't click with me...but I hear that he has something up his sleeve on his next album.

My boys that work for 3 Little Digs deliver the most original content on the internet in terms of hip-hop. 

Styles P is the best one out of the LOX. 

Plies is underrated not as a rapper but as an artist. All those hits are worth SOMETHING. 

The Game was never "on" in my opinion.

Wale is lost. 100 Miles and Running is his magnum opus. Ambition was a decent attempt though. maybe its we that are lost...we just dont know what to expect.

Hearing Stalley's Verse on "Address" while watching the music video 
eek.gif
...everything was so right.

I wish Dame and Jay would run a business together

Young Chris never fell off. Ever. 

The Dream is a beast. 

T-Pain is a beast.

Chris Brown, if he could work on his lyrics (singing & rapping), would eat Trey Songz's food. 

Drake and Ross mixtape might hurt feelings. 

Cam'ron never got his just due. 

SNOOP DOGG IS THE MOST FAMOUS RAPPER OF ALL TIME. 

Busta Rhymes and Fat Joe are incredibly underrated. Both are legends.

Ace Hood isn't as bad as people say he is. Dude had like 3 legit hits this year. 

I wish Ja Rule came back.

50 just needs to release SOMETHING. As long as its grimey. No one cares any more. 

Every producer south of the mason dixon and to the east of the mississippi river is better than any other rap producer in the country.

redman is slept on.

Fabolous is always SO close...but never just puts his foot over the fence. 

I love the r&b/rap collab time period of the 2000s. 

Writing on Detox isn't as much of a privilege as people say it is. 

American rap fans are the best. I don't care what they say about europe. 

Playaz Circle and Field Mob are both underrated. 

We need more independent radio in the south. 

EDIT: When I think about it...Dom Kennedy may have the most legit and solid mixtape catalog of ANY recent artist. 

EDIT: I miss when dance-hall was popular in the US...Sean Paul was KILLING it. I hope khaled signing Mavado works out...

EDIT: Drake was right when he said, just spitting doesn't get you any where...its going to piss some people off but its true...there is a lane for spitters, a lane for battle rappers and a lane for people who make well crafted songs. Lets not front.

EDIT: Justin Bieber is an awful artist. When he grows up, the world will realize this. Hes no justin timberlake. 

EDIT: Wale and Drake should be credited with the resurgence of lyricism in mainstream rap. 

EDIT: Music fans know too much...and the artists know that...which causes them to make shorter albums...which I hate. We need to go back to the days where album cuts were where the gems were.

EDIT: Childish Gambino is nice but hes too corny to ever take Drake's lane. I'll be interested to see how he makes it work. 

EDIT: Birdman's albums have incredible production. 

EDIT: I judge the greatness of artists based on the amount of artists they've help to put on that managed to do well on their own...So I include Ross, Jay, Wayne and Kanye among the greats...and this actually matters when you think about it. 

EDIT: I wanted Ja to beat 50 secretly.

EDIT: No one could touch Lloyd Banks in his hey-day...I wish he just left G-Unit already... dude is talented.

EDIT: Bobby V is nice with the vocals.

EDIT: 2 Chainz has what it takes to go really really far. 

EDIT: I think Ludacris' mixtape will shock some of you...I heard it on the radio and its JUST what I wanted to hear from dude.

EDIT: When Usher actually does slow jams, he is one of the greatest...its those damn dance tracks that kills me. BTW, Love in this Club Remix is one of the best slow jams of the decade. 

EDIT: NY Rap will never come back. 

EDIT: Looking back at what Lil Jon has managed to do for himself, it is amazing. 

EDIT: In the St. Lunatics, EVERYONE was waiting for Murphy Lee to go solo...
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

EDIT: Kelly looks better than beyonce...but beyonce sings better than I always think she does...I guess its because of the over exposure. 

EDIT: I'm surprised Miguel managed to release an album of songs i've had for maybe 4 years now. 
laugh.gif

EDIT: Drumma Boy is in the running for best southern producer...of awl time. 

EDIT: Bun B's ability to reach out to any artist, even new ones, is something that a lot of "bigger" artists should learn to do.

EDIT: If Ross hadn't gotten called out on the CO non-sense, he'd be the biggest rap artist in the country...bigger than wayne...and I really think this.

EDIT: Freddie Gibbs is the mid-west spitter we all should be looking out for. 

EDIT: LEP Bogus Boys got some heat

EDIT: I really don't see a difference between TI and Tupac...on wax that is. 

EDIT: The internet ruined regional rap. A good and a bad thing...bad if you lived outside of the south...and you all know it too.

EDIT: I feel a certain way towards the new generation of music videos... the low cost to entry shouldn't mean low quality...also a fisheye lens and HD recording doesn't make it a good video. Its about all the other crap they talked about in film school. 

EDIT: I hate green-screen music videos. if you do one, just dont do one at all. 

EDIT: Gangsta rap never died, its just that people looked in the mirror and realized that it never applied to them.

EDIT: The WTT tour looks wack. Even the merch sucks.

EDIT:  Every artist that sings and raps has Nelly and Ja Rule to thank.

EDIT: Do ya'll realize how much money Nelly made and continues to make? 
eek.gif

EDIT: Cee-Lo Green is the most underrated southern MC. When it comes to singing? Vocally his voice melts butter. 

EDIT: Big Boi is just as deserving of what-ever praise given to Andre 3000. Remember, taking longer to understand it, doesn't mean it was better. That being said Big Boi is nasty on the mic. 

EDIT: When Drake switches to movies...its a wrap. 
sick.gif

EDIT: Soulja Boy could have been a great cross-over entertainer had he not gotten all those tattoos...

EDIT: If I had to choose, i'd rather be an Chillwave/Alt artist > Reggae artist > EDM artist > R&B Singer > Rapper ...right now. 

so so so much more...

Jeezy should have made Trap or Die 2 his retail album.

Drake needs to go back to Comeback Season, but for someone so in control of his career, its funny to see people talk crap about him. Hes winning and he knows it.

Kanye pretty much birthed every rapper on the blogs. 
Kanye is the example of what it means to be a good artist and not necessarily a good rapper.

Pharrell has had as much if not more impact in terms of style fashion than Kanye...

Dudes think Pharrell cant rap.

The Clipse are somewhat overrated.

The music supervisor Scott Vener is a god in terms of discovery. 

Big KRIT is the best southern artist since TI/Ross.

Ludacris is one of the greatest rappers ever.

Flocka and Gucci will be around longer than Jeezy.

Bow Wow has gotten way better.

Wale raps with too many syallables.

Rick Ross is the most improved lyricist i've ever seen. Ever.

The best West Coast Artist is Dom Kennedy...and has potential to be one of the best to ever come out of LA LA Land. 

The South has the best hip-hop

Last Train to Paris and the Valentines Day remix album were amazing.

Glow in the Dark will probably be Kanye's best tour to date.

Rap is getting boring...its more about the vibe and the emotion in music now...and I can't knock it...this is why Drake and Wiz and other vibed out/weed rappers have done so well.

Cudi will be the new Mos Def.

The Roots are consistently underrated.

Black Thought is the most underrated MC.

Comeback Season is a classic mixtape. More so than So Far Gone.

Yelawolf and Asher Roth are better than Eminem

R&B is slowly coming back.

Trey Songz sucks. Can't sing. Can't rap. Corny. Trey Songz is the Terrance J of music.

E-40 is underrated.

I'm actually impressed when Flo-Rida and Pitbull legitimately rap...its like their ace-card.

Atlanta is still running the music scene.

Slim Thug's first album was before its time.

Houston needs to get on their **** and make a resurgence.

Jazz and chill-wave electronica are more meaningful than rap is these days.

We need more mainstream political rap.

GOOD Music/YMCMB/MMG are all tied right now. 

Big Sean is an incredible artist.

Nicki Minaj isn't bad when she actually raps.

Nas and Damien Marley need another album.

Reggae is more important than hip-hop. (reggae artists BIRTHED hip-hop flows)

J Cole is the most overhyped artist in years. If it wasn't for Jay-Z cosign i'd have NEVER listened and honestly since I have, I've barely been remotely impressed. 

Rihanna needs to stick to island music. Man Down was the one song of hers that I REALLY liked because of that Caribbean vibe...

808s was a definitive album in the development of rap music.

Releasing MBDTF tracks over a long period of time ruined the album.

Mac Miller can actually spit.

Diggy Simmons is really impressive.

Rap purists are delusional because most of their most revered artists lived lives they NEVER did yet they most likely relate to current artists in terms of day-to-day life.

Teedra Moses is the best R&B artist out right now.

Beyonce needs to stick to more soul-ful songs like Party.

I hate the rush of R&B artists doing dance music now.

Fans arguing over album sales are idiots.

Off the wall > Thriller

Jermaine Dupri is underrated. He is also an innovator in social marketing/media.

Polow da Don is underrated.

Rich Boy's debut album is highly slept on.

Ciara needs to never touch a microphone ever.

Justified > FutureSex/LoveSounds

People in clubs need to dance more.
I'm not sure if lil wayne sucks now or if he was ever good...he has moments of life that remind me that he is good at putting words together...but over time, I've lost the attraction.

Blue-Eyed Soul never strikes me the right way...but Amy Winehouse was gone too soon. 

The black-eyed peas ...I don't get it...I mean I do...but I don't...

Monica has an incredible voice.

Pill never should have signed with MMG. 

Meek Mill is a cash cow.

GunPlay needs to get more support out of MMG.

Hell, MMG has a sick roster right now. 

RocNation is a failure.

The Weeknd is slightly overrated. I feel his mysterious nature and the combination of drake's cosign might have made him unnecessarily untouchable. 

Foreign Exchange is slept on.

B.o.B. tries so hard to be Andre 3000. Something about him doesn't click with me...but I hear that he has something up his sleeve on his next album.

My boys that work for 3 Little Digs deliver the most original content on the internet in terms of hip-hop. 

Styles P is the best one out of the LOX. 

Plies is underrated not as a rapper but as an artist. All those hits are worth SOMETHING. 

The Game was never "on" in my opinion.

Wale is lost. 100 Miles and Running is his magnum opus. Ambition was a decent attempt though. maybe its we that are lost...we just dont know what to expect.

Hearing Stalley's Verse on "Address" while watching the music video 
eek.gif
...everything was so right.

I wish Dame and Jay would run a business together

Young Chris never fell off. Ever. 

The Dream is a beast. 

T-Pain is a beast.

Chris Brown, if he could work on his lyrics (singing & rapping), would eat Trey Songz's food. 

Drake and Ross mixtape might hurt feelings. 

Cam'ron never got his just due. 

SNOOP DOGG IS THE MOST FAMOUS RAPPER OF ALL TIME. 

Busta Rhymes and Fat Joe are incredibly underrated. Both are legends.

Ace Hood isn't as bad as people say he is. Dude had like 3 legit hits this year. 

I wish Ja Rule came back.

50 just needs to release SOMETHING. As long as its grimey. No one cares any more. 

Every producer south of the mason dixon and to the east of the mississippi river is better than any other rap producer in the country.

redman is slept on.

Fabolous is always SO close...but never just puts his foot over the fence. 

I love the r&b/rap collab time period of the 2000s. 

Writing on Detox isn't as much of a privilege as people say it is. 

American rap fans are the best. I don't care what they say about europe. 

Playaz Circle and Field Mob are both underrated. 

We need more independent radio in the south. 

EDIT: When I think about it...Dom Kennedy may have the most legit and solid mixtape catalog of ANY recent artist. 

EDIT: I miss when dance-hall was popular in the US...Sean Paul was KILLING it. I hope khaled signing Mavado works out...

EDIT: Drake was right when he said, just spitting doesn't get you any where...its going to piss some people off but its true...there is a lane for spitters, a lane for battle rappers and a lane for people who make well crafted songs. Lets not front.

EDIT: Justin Bieber is an awful artist. When he grows up, the world will realize this. Hes no justin timberlake. 

EDIT: Wale and Drake should be credited with the resurgence of lyricism in mainstream rap. 

EDIT: Music fans know too much...and the artists know that...which causes them to make shorter albums...which I hate. We need to go back to the days where album cuts were where the gems were.

EDIT: Childish Gambino is nice but hes too corny to ever take Drake's lane. I'll be interested to see how he makes it work. 

EDIT: Birdman's albums have incredible production. 

EDIT: I judge the greatness of artists based on the amount of artists they've help to put on that managed to do well on their own...So I include Ross, Jay, Wayne and Kanye among the greats...and this actually matters when you think about it. 

EDIT: I wanted Ja to beat 50 secretly.

EDIT: No one could touch Lloyd Banks in his hey-day...I wish he just left G-Unit already... dude is talented.

EDIT: Bobby V is nice with the vocals.

EDIT: 2 Chainz has what it takes to go really really far. 

EDIT: I think Ludacris' mixtape will shock some of you...I heard it on the radio and its JUST what I wanted to hear from dude.

EDIT: When Usher actually does slow jams, he is one of the greatest...its those damn dance tracks that kills me. BTW, Love in this Club Remix is one of the best slow jams of the decade. 

EDIT: NY Rap will never come back. 

EDIT: Looking back at what Lil Jon has managed to do for himself, it is amazing. 

EDIT: In the St. Lunatics, EVERYONE was waiting for Murphy Lee to go solo...
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

EDIT: Kelly looks better than beyonce...but beyonce sings better than I always think she does...I guess its because of the over exposure. 

EDIT: I'm surprised Miguel managed to release an album of songs i've had for maybe 4 years now. 
laugh.gif

EDIT: Drumma Boy is in the running for best southern producer...of awl time. 

EDIT: Bun B's ability to reach out to any artist, even new ones, is something that a lot of "bigger" artists should learn to do.

EDIT: If Ross hadn't gotten called out on the CO non-sense, he'd be the biggest rap artist in the country...bigger than wayne...and I really think this.

EDIT: Freddie Gibbs is the mid-west spitter we all should be looking out for. 

EDIT: LEP Bogus Boys got some heat

EDIT: I really don't see a difference between TI and Tupac...on wax that is. 

EDIT: The internet ruined regional rap. A good and a bad thing...bad if you lived outside of the south...and you all know it too.

EDIT: I feel a certain way towards the new generation of music videos... the low cost to entry shouldn't mean low quality...also a fisheye lens and HD recording doesn't make it a good video. Its about all the other crap they talked about in film school. 

EDIT: I hate green-screen music videos. if you do one, just dont do one at all. 

EDIT: Gangsta rap never died, its just that people looked in the mirror and realized that it never applied to them.

EDIT: The WTT tour looks wack. Even the merch sucks.

EDIT:  Every artist that sings and raps has Nelly and Ja Rule to thank.

EDIT: Do ya'll realize how much money Nelly made and continues to make? 
eek.gif

EDIT: Cee-Lo Green is the most underrated southern MC. When it comes to singing? Vocally his voice melts butter. 

EDIT: Big Boi is just as deserving of what-ever praise given to Andre 3000. Remember, taking longer to understand it, doesn't mean it was better. That being said Big Boi is nasty on the mic. 

EDIT: When Drake switches to movies...its a wrap. 
sick.gif

EDIT: Soulja Boy could have been a great cross-over entertainer had he not gotten all those tattoos...

EDIT: If I had to choose, i'd rather be an Chillwave/Alt artist > Reggae artist > EDM artist > R&B Singer > Rapper ...right now. 

so so so much more...

Big K.R.I.T & Kendrick Lamar are highly overrated. Don't see the hype with them dudes at all
Heavy D(r.i.p)was underrated
Three 6 Mafia beats sound all the same

Big K.R.I.T & Kendrick Lamar are highly overrated. Don't see the hype with them dudes at all
Heavy D(r.i.p)was underrated
Three 6 Mafia beats sound all the same

Back
Top Bottom