Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

Nas>Jay
Eminem is wack now
Cole>Lamar
People do check Cole thanks to hov/roc nation but they stayed fans cause cole is nice. Hov just helped put some of his newer mainstream fans on
Big sean however wouldnt be ++!* without Kanye

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Jeezy should have made Trap or Die 2 his retail album.

Big KRIT is the best southern artist since TI/Ross.

Rick Ross is the most improved lyricist i've ever seen. Ever.

Slim Thug's first album was before its time.

Houston needs to get on their **** and make a resurgence.

Playaz Circle and Field Mob are both underrated. 

We need more independent radio in the south. 

EDIT: NY Rap will never come back. 

EDIT: Bun B's ability to reach out to any artist, even new ones, is something that a lot of "bigger" artists should learn to do.

EDIT: Cee-Lo Green is the most underrated southern MC. When it comes to singing? Vocally his voice melts butter. 

EDIT: Big Boi is just as deserving of what-ever praise given to Andre 3000. Remember, taking longer to understand it, doesn't mean it was better. That being said Big Boi is nasty on the mic. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Big time.

As far as Houston rap, the problem is that too many people were piggybacking off of the Screwed Up Click, and nobody was doing anything original. A lot
of the older guys are still making quality stuff, but there really haven't been any new (and good) Houston rappers set to take over. People are just now
starting to hear about Killa Kyloen, but he's been around since 2003.

And I've always preferred Big Boi over Dre 3000. Appreciated that he stayed in his lane and put out actual albums, whether solo or those Got Purp group
albums. Every year 3K would drop 2-3 good yet highly overrated verses over some rnb track, or alternative fusion track, and people would go nuts for it.
Never really understood that.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Jeezy should have made Trap or Die 2 his retail album.

Big KRIT is the best southern artist since TI/Ross.

Rick Ross is the most improved lyricist i've ever seen. Ever.

Slim Thug's first album was before its time.

Houston needs to get on their **** and make a resurgence.

Playaz Circle and Field Mob are both underrated. 

We need more independent radio in the south. 

EDIT: NY Rap will never come back. 

EDIT: Bun B's ability to reach out to any artist, even new ones, is something that a lot of "bigger" artists should learn to do.

EDIT: Cee-Lo Green is the most underrated southern MC. When it comes to singing? Vocally his voice melts butter. 

EDIT: Big Boi is just as deserving of what-ever praise given to Andre 3000. Remember, taking longer to understand it, doesn't mean it was better. That being said Big Boi is nasty on the mic. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Big time.

As far as Houston rap, the problem is that too many people were piggybacking off of the Screwed Up Click, and nobody was doing anything original. A lot
of the older guys are still making quality stuff, but there really haven't been any new (and good) Houston rappers set to take over. People are just now
starting to hear about Killa Kyloen, but he's been around since 2003.

And I've always preferred Big Boi over Dre 3000. Appreciated that he stayed in his lane and put out actual albums, whether solo or those Got Purp group
albums. Every year 3K would drop 2-3 good yet highly overrated verses over some rnb track, or alternative fusion track, and people would go nuts for it.
Never really understood that.

-2pac never made an album nearly as good as Ready To Die and LAD raps circles around RTD
-Nas coulda been bigger if he had of aired his frustrations in 1996-97 like he did in 2002
-Prodigy could have wrecked 2pac if he dissed him while he was still alive  
-Canibus never woulda made it under any situation
-Eminem Show was better than MMLP but didnt have an iconic record like "Stan"
-Wiz Khalifa will be forgotten in 3 years
-Ice Cube was the best rapper from 1988-93 no debate
-Kanye West has showed more growth album for album than anyone of any genre
-Jay-Z would be LL Cool J status right now without Kanye
-Sales wouldn't be as bad if more quality music was released
-Soulja boy is the American Dream
-From 1995-2000 nobody saw Prodigy
-50 Cent didn't end anyone's career they just fizzled out or received backlash
-Big Daddy Kane was Jay-Z before Shawn Carter was
-Ice-T is top 25

-2pac never made an album nearly as good as Ready To Die and LAD raps circles around RTD
-Nas coulda been bigger if he had of aired his frustrations in 1996-97 like he did in 2002
-Prodigy could have wrecked 2pac if he dissed him while he was still alive  
-Canibus never woulda made it under any situation
-Eminem Show was better than MMLP but didnt have an iconic record like "Stan"
-Wiz Khalifa will be forgotten in 3 years
-Ice Cube was the best rapper from 1988-93 no debate
-Kanye West has showed more growth album for album than anyone of any genre
-Jay-Z would be LL Cool J status right now without Kanye
-Sales wouldn't be as bad if more quality music was released
-Soulja boy is the American Dream
-From 1995-2000 nobody saw Prodigy
-50 Cent didn't end anyone's career they just fizzled out or received backlash
-Big Daddy Kane was Jay-Z before Shawn Carter was
-Ice-T is top 25

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Nah son really didn't write every opinion he's ever held in life. Nah he ain't do that

Hopefully tomorrow he doesnt come back and add more jeez
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Nah son really didn't write every opinion he's ever held in life. Nah he ain't do that

Hopefully tomorrow he doesnt come back and add more jeez
roll.gif

- I don't see what's so amazing about Radiohead. I've listened to Kid A, The Bends and OK Computer....I just don't see it.

- Fabolous from 06-08 was honestly a beast. After the Loso's Way album IDK what happened to this dude.

- If NY wants to make a real comeback, we need to stand behind the dudes who actually have the talent to rise to the top. French, Cafe, Vado might have a hot track here and there
but these cats are not good enough to help us reclaim that presence in the game.

- If you ask me what's the best album of all-time, I'm most likely going to pick a rap album. I don't see why I have to subscribe to some unwritten rule that I have to choose an album
from a genre that I don't relate to as much as Rap. The impact it has on you and your community is more important than whether or not they played an instrument or sampled
another song or whatever rules people like to pull out of thin air. 

- It Was Written is a classic.

- Teedra Moses should be at the top of the R&B game right now. She should honestly be successful.

- Lloyd Banks' loyalty is the reason why he's still a mid tier cat. 

- I don't see what's so amazing about Radiohead. I've listened to Kid A, The Bends and OK Computer....I just don't see it.

- Fabolous from 06-08 was honestly a beast. After the Loso's Way album IDK what happened to this dude.

- If NY wants to make a real comeback, we need to stand behind the dudes who actually have the talent to rise to the top. French, Cafe, Vado might have a hot track here and there
but these cats are not good enough to help us reclaim that presence in the game.

- If you ask me what's the best album of all-time, I'm most likely going to pick a rap album. I don't see why I have to subscribe to some unwritten rule that I have to choose an album
from a genre that I don't relate to as much as Rap. The impact it has on you and your community is more important than whether or not they played an instrument or sampled

- It Was Written is a classic.

- Teedra Moses should be at the top of the R&B game right now. She should honestly be successful.

- Lloyd Banks' loyalty is the reason why he's still a mid tier cat. 

8PM at MSG wrote:

pretty much. 

8PM at MSG wrote:

pretty much. 

MBDTF is tied with College Dropout as Kanye's best album.

I'm sorry but it is just perfection from top to bottom. One year later and it is still played regularly. I remember the first time I heard the album I had the
sick.gif
face on the entire time, one song would be epic then the next one plays and it would be better than the last song. The way Kanye crafted that album is genius, from the different album covers to the order he put the songs in. The production was on another level.

That guitar on Devil In A New Dress though
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

MBDTF is tied with College Dropout as Kanye's best album.

I'm sorry but it is just perfection from top to bottom. One year later and it is still played regularly. I remember the first time I heard the album I had the
sick.gif
face on the entire time, one song would be epic then the next one plays and it would be better than the last song. The way Kanye crafted that album is genius, from the different album covers to the order he put the songs in. The production was on another level.

That guitar on Devil In A New Dress though
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

MMG has you all fooled.

*waits*

They do? Is it the constant hits? The increasing radio play? Or....?

I hope he doesn't think Slaughterhouse is any better
laugh.gif
Because NONE of them dudes is blowing up on their own without a Shady feature.

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

MMG has you all fooled.

*waits*

They do? Is it the constant hits? The increasing radio play? Or....?

I hope he doesn't think Slaughterhouse is any better
laugh.gif
Because NONE of them dudes is blowing up on their own without a Shady feature.

Back
Top Bottom