post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao what. Yo samsonite man blu's verse is better than anything fashawn has on the entire album son. Exhile CARRIED that album with the beats. Only good verse fashawn has is on the last track, that aint all or whatever and thats all to do with the beat again.

Huh?

Makes no sense....

Go get Gravitas from his site. 

:pimp:

Im not gonna front like i heard all of talibs **** but i heard most of it. He just tries too hard. I just dont he has it in him. On blackstar, mos outshines him everytime too.

Cmon you know thats true. I like to believe these groups are in unison that they exist together, that theres a sort of chemistry but MoS is so much better than talib on blackstar.

Im not gonna front like i heard all of talibs **** but i heard most of it. He just tries too hard. I just dont he has it in him. On blackstar, mos outshines him everytime too.

Cmon you know thats true. I like to believe these groups are in unison that they exist together, that theres a sort of chemistry but MoS is so much better than talib on blackstar.

Totally agree...Talib is so overrated it makes me sick.

He's been riding that Black Star/Train of Thought wave for a decade+ and has not progressed whatsoever. Don't even get me started on his abominable flow (if you can even call it that).

Maybe drunk but i listen to this music seriously. TOO seriously if im being honest and blu obviously takes time in writing his lyrics.

Cmon even lupe said he goes to sleep scared becuase he knows blu is writing up a storm and he knows he plain couldnt do the same.

If blu had ambition youd say he was the best but he doesnt but thats fine by me as i could care less how much he sells etc. its the music we're judging.

Not u on youtube. Listen to that and tell me thats not genius. The video the lyrics, everything. True artist. Some vangoh ****. Sp **** it.

Yeah but you're drunk and incredibly biased
laugh.gif
He is drunk and biased but I'd have to say Blu > Fashawn

Fashawn is nice though

I've just never been a fan of Blu...I remember when BTH was THEE album to listen to, but I just didn't get what was so incredible about it.

While I'm at it, let me say that I don't like Lupe either. I acknowledge that he's talented, but when he disrespected Tribe at the Hip-Hop Honors he forever gained the label of a cornball from me.

I gave fashawn a chance. I have boy meets world on vinyl. Got is at fat beats when it existed. I wanted to love it but it was mediocre at best.

Anthm is cool tho. He's quite good. Id love to hear what he's cooking up.

Sucks the world will never know these guys. You think one day blu will be put in the conversation?

I dont like lupe either. I only mentioned him cause hes like the mainstream concious dude but imo he's also a guy who tries hard and believes his own hype.

Check out gimme flowers. Its my favorite album. BTH is his debut. He's humble, he's hungry and everything was falling into place. He won rookie of the year on hiphopdx among countless other things but things just didnt work out. His mixtapes revelead a different perpective. Then gimme flowers came out and its such a weird album. The album is recorded in 2009 around the time of his hype. He was hungry but you can sense the defeat in him.

No york is ambitious. Think about it. Blu try to put on several no name producers on his first major. Samiyam flying lotus(not no name but underground) exile, knowledge(however you spell it) dibiase, j davey and madlib but the labels didnt bite and didnt promote. Last track on the album he's got all the underground LA dudes. That right there is a noble ambition.

Lupe became dead to me when he starting looking like Chief Keef's even more fiend out brother, and contradicting himself badly.

So, now I'm doing a little research on Blu to see what I might be missing...

Did he lie about Madlib producing his album? What's the deal with that situation?

Does he really forget his own songs on stage? And he no-shows too?

Maaaaaaaan this guy is in the exact same category as Lupe :lol:

Lol yea. I went to his show onxe and even quest love was there just for him in the crowd. It was SOBS and he didnt show up. He's weird. I think he's on hard drugs or weed has just destroyed him. He might just be mad awkward. I dunno. Thats his personal life tho. Who cares.

But if you take him at face value for the music he's second to none. Gng bng he goes in!

He rapped over the madlib beats on ucla and released the album without permission. You can find. California bears and the random skits are the only things worthwhile. And by released i mean put on sale on bandcamp for 10 bucks lol.

He did get an official madlib release with MED( wack rapper) on stonesthrow recently.

I dont think he should perform or tour or anything. Maybe a poetry reading is more his thing.

"Real Hip-Hop" fans annoy the living daylights out of me.

:lol: :lol: i call them the skip bayless of hip hop, they swear they know so much about the genre & the music isnt "real hip hop" if it isnt something they like, i also hate how they put all these south rappers in a box, " hes from the south, he makes strip club music or he isnt lyrical"

i thought i was the only blu fan on here :lol:

just a couple of points based on what i've been reading;
- fashawn is kinda dope, def not better than blu though. he's way too basic and sometimes mediocre sounding. boy meets world has some bangers though for sure
- i agree kweli isn't that good either, but he releases dope stuff here and there. his song "the blast" is one of my all time favs though.
- MED is NOT wack
- i don't think that give me flowers is better than below the heavens, but i actually do like it more. it's a little more personal.
and like dude pointed out, get the unmastered version, its much better imo.
- also fly lo is def NOT underground.. i mean dude just got a radio station on gta v lol
- lupe's been lame. can't stand dude. used to be a big fan once upon a time, but dude is such a cornball now.
- black migo is a hypocrite since he's putting "real hip hop" heads in a box too :lol:

also, all the dudes in blu's crew are mad talented and underrated.
exile, aloe blacc, co$$...

co$$ is right up there with blu as far as talent is concerned imo

Last spark Fashawn shown me of greatness was the Ecology. I haven't heard anything on that level from him since, granted I've been out the loop better part of the year.
Surprised so many people on NT listen to Blu :wow:
You gotta go back to the BTH thread in the music forum. Mad pages. Caught me off guard back then too. Reminds me of the J. Cole thread.

Now though, I notice the members that are big fans of certain rappers don't make threads for them in the music forum or post a lot about them when new music is released but when a discussion starts fans come out the woodwork.

Talib got better after the Black Star album while Mos fell off after Black on Both Sides. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom