post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't count some of those albums because they dropped before the south really took off. They were just starting to pay a little attention when some of those dropped. Anything listed before Jezzys first album. But I posted too soon, during the Souths current run, classics; TM101, King, Paper Trail, Straight Outta Cashville, can't really think of anymore. When did this current run begin? 2005??

Yea it's not a classic. It's good, but may be like the 5th or 6th best thing in Krit's catalog

Last edited:
didnt mean to put "the diary" up there. I had just so happened to be listening to it the other day so it was fresh on my mind

Well I don't count some of those albums because they dropped before the south really took off. They were just starting to pay a little attention when some of those dropped. Anything listed before Jezzys first album. But I posted too soon, during the Souths current run, classics; TM101, King, Paper Trail, Straight Outta Cashville, can't really think of anymore. When did this current run begin? 2005??[/quotes]

I'm still tryna figure out why 400 degreez ain't one of those albums listed
Matter of fact 400 degreez is def top 5 hip hop album in the last 15 years

Tried to name sum from 2000 and later. Trust me I had way more I could mention from that era.
Not tryna make this a rap region debate :lol:. I listen to everybody

Other thoughts...

"What's Up,Whats Happening" is one of the greatest rap disses/responses ever

Memphis Bleek was a NICE rapper when he came out, ***** let me down big time. Was/is one of his last remaining fans

Last edited:

Tried to name sum from 2000 and later. Trust me I had way more I could mention from that era.

Not tryna make this a rap region debate :lol:. I listen to everybody
So do I
But I'm talking about u deniable classics
Not ur fav album I'm talking about albums that even haters can't deny
Nothing built on hype but just great music
It's dark and hell is hot
400 degreez
The blueprint
College dropout
I know I'm a get hate but I dont care
Lil Kim hardcore
Those 5 albums are definitely in the running
Those are in the top 25-30

They definitely had the weakest run. It was all party music and trap music. No classics. Unfortunately for the south when they were dropping quality music and a bunch of classic they were mostly ignored.
Classic if a veryr SUBJECTIVE term these days

Of the top of my head..
View media item 778097View media item 778098View media item 778099View media item 778100View media item 778101View media item 778102View media item 778103View media item 778104View media item 778105View media item 778112View media item 778120View media item 778118
All trash except for T.I.'s I'm Serious.

Little Brother shouldn't be included because they were not apart of this run of the South being on top. They were mostly an underground act along with the rest of the league. The Minstrel Show is a classic though. Unfortunately that album didn't get much recognition.

Also Scarface would slap you for putting his albums in the same group as there's. The Diary is the only other classic you posted. The Fix was good.

I feel sorry for Krit.

Last edited:

Ya'll shots don't hurt me.

275667642.gif

But on the real, Chef, Nas, and Jay are my 3 favorite rappers not from this generation and from NY. Chef was just always too cool with his rhymes to me. Like, naturally laid back. OG style. Like ya old head or something who puts you onto game as a young'n

What up what's happenin
Is a dope song
But I really hardly look at it as a diss song
More like a song where he lets a few things off his chest
If that makes any sense

Ya'll shots don't hurt me.

275667642.gif

But on the real, Chef, Nas, and Jay are my 3 favorite rappers not from this generation and from NY. Chef was just always too cool with his rhymes to me. Like, naturally laid back. OG style. Like ya old head or something who puts you onto game as a young'n
Ghostface is better than him though

Aint nobody denyin that they had the game on lock. Still say it was the weakest run. Yeah there was good music underneath, but the majority was gahhhhbage.

So that would mean it started around 99. If that's the case, there are some other classic south albums that could on the list.

Nah more like 03 when the south had that whole summer on lock, since then the south been running hip hop

eazye 804 eazye 804 I was a huge Bleek fan as well. That ended when he released 534. Pitiful sorry *** album.
Man that way He used to come out the gate hype with his verses..... bruh
you cant tell me he aint kill this

One of my top 20 songs of all time, maybe 10

I even got that ***** autograph twice when him,Jay & Clue came here a few times :lol:

Its crazy that the only song I remember from 534 was the one HE WASNT EVEN ON
**** it, Im bout to make a Memphis Bleek appreciation/ unappreciation thread

Oh & its crazy to think that Swizz's early beats have aged way better that alotta neptunes & timbaland tracks :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom