POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Last edited:
Got this in a couple weeks ago, using it as my daily weekday watch when in uniform. Put a green maratac strap on it and it's really comfortable.

Thanks. Been so addicted to browsing pieces. I really want a speedmaster but can't justify spending the money right now. Looking at the X-Wind right now but it's also a bit pricey. Have the cash but i'm trying to save all my money right now. I'll be heading to Germany in a few months for a couple years so i know i'll be tempted to pick up a few watches while in Europe so i might just wait.

Check out Nomos - the best value under $2k - in house movement, quality movement, simple/timeless design. There are a ton of great watch brands coming out of Germany like Muhle, Glasshutte Original, Longe Sohn, Damasko, Max Bill Bauhaus, Archimede, Laco, Stowa, etc. Screw the Swiss watches with the standard off the shelf ETAs, get something unique and quality.

thnkin about selling a few of my watches for a stainless steel audemars but don want to pay anywhere near retail, anyone got a legit site?

New to this thread, but I am looking for suggestions. I'm looking for an analog, preferably quarts but not opposed to an automatic watch with a steel band. The watch is a gift for my godson for his confirmation and It should last him until he is much older. My budget is around $700.

My contribution to the thread here is my Gents TAG Heuer 2000 Sport watch given to me from my godfather.

New to this thread, but I am looking for suggestions. I'm looking for an analog, preferably quarts but not opposed to an automatic watch with a steel band. The watch is a gift for my godson for his confirmation and It should last him until he is much older. My budget is around $700.

My contribution to the thread here is my Gents TAG Heuer 2000 Sport watch given to me from my godfather.

VSA Classic chrono
VSA Maverick Chrono
VSA Diver
Tissot PRC 200
Tissot PRS 516
Tissot Courtier
Tissot V8
Citizen AT400x
Citizen Skyhawk
Citizen Nighthawk
Citizen Calibre 2100
Citizen Calibre 8700

Off the top of my head.

I like the Baume & Mercier's face over the Cartier. The strap also looks much better but that can be changed anyways. If I had to choose one I'd go with a Pam 276

If I had to pick between the two, Cartier w/o hesitation. Calibre is also has Cartiers in-house movement iirc.

And FLYKNITLVR, thanks for posting a pic quality worthy of the watch. Very nice!
It seems like a waste when nice timepiece gets some flip phone type of pics, no offense to anyone here. :lol:

The Cartier, looks nice IRL. The Baume looks too generic to me plus the hands might make it hard to see during daylight.

1978 Oysterdate Precision in stainless steel.

Simple design and doesn't attract too much attention. 
pimp.gif

Hey guys, what'll be the damage for the cheapest stainless steel rolex? I'm looking to save up on a piece (bnew from retailers) and any model will do, submariner, datejust, etc.

Also is there a stainless steel gold plated? What's the price range on those?

Thanks,

I don't think Rolex has gold plated watches, never really looked into it but I believe they use real gold.

Retail-wise, Air King is probably the cheapest brand new Rolex in the market today but that is small, about 34mm for ~$5050 msrp.

If you don't need a day/date function, the Explorer would be my suggestion. Retail is about ~$7k now but it is also 39mm, a more accommodating size.
For a thousand more though, you can probably get a brand new Sub so it is up to you.
If you go the DateJust route, go with a DJII but that likely depends on the wrist size.

Discount, for the most part, you can get about 10% off Rolexes, which covers the tax. If you are good at haggling and they are desperate to sell, you might get more but that is difficult w/o a past relationship with the store.

Last edited:
Hey guys, what'll be the damage for the cheapest stainless steel rolex? I'm looking to save up on a piece (bnew from retailers) and any model will do, submariner, datejust, etc.

Also is there a stainless steel gold plated? What's the price range on those?

Thanks,

Any model will do? Are you sure? A 39mm Explorer wears a lot differently than a 36mm Datejust. Heck, a 40mm Daytona wears a lot differently than a 40mm GMT.

I suggest taking some time to narrow down your choices and really figure out which model you want. First thing you should do is go to your AD and try them on and see which model really sings to you. It took me the better part of 3 months to decide on my ND Sub-C, and I flip-flopped between every stainless steel model imaginable. Never in a million years did I think I would buy a Submariner, considering it's one of the most faked watches on the planet, but alas after trying on the Daytona, GMT, Submariner, DJII, etc, the Sub is the one that stood out to me.

I also don't see the logic in buying brand new from an AD. Your best bet is to buy from a trusted seller online (there's a bunch of them - just do your research). This way you'll save at least 15 - 20% (even more if you're ok with a lightly used one without your name on the warranty card).

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom