POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by kayZEEzay

pimp.gif
at the J12, love that watch

Me too. I used to want one so bad. (the white 38mm with diamond markers and diamond center or the 42mm with diamond bezel and diamond markers)

For the Movado lovers out there.

Movado Master launched

Movado has created a new aesthetically appealing and highly functional watch collection for men and women - the Movado Master line.

The tonneau shaped case is made out of 316L stainless steel. The case construction incorporates a screw-down crown.

Diameter (men`s watch): 44mm, Crystal is a flat sapphire crysal, ar-coated on both sides.

The Movado Master women's watches measure 34 mm in diameter and are powered by a Swiss quartz movement.

attachment.php

Nice J12's.
Just curious though, why buy two of the same watch with different bezels?
You could have probably just bought an extra bezel and switch it up depending on occasion.
Nice nonetheless.

What would you suggest for someone just wanting a cheap, but dependable and good quality watch? I in no way have the money for some of these watches, but Iwould like a nice quality one that is dependable. Anywhere to look online and any brands that are cheap, but still good?

Here's my watches:

Breitling Evolution Chronograph with White Dial and Pilot Bracelet
3559240039_24b02f303b.jpg

3559232095_94e7c20a27.jpg

Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic
3622409551_e1d6a511c8.jpg

I recently just picked up a Tudor Prince Date, 18k/SS dating between the 70-80s complete with box and papers recently. Since Tudor is a little unknown, I donot know if I got the best price, I paid 600 even for it, it is in good condition minus a bit tarnishing on the bracelet. I do feel safe as it has papers.I've seen some going for more on ebay. Did I get a decent deal?

Also what do you guys prefer for replacement bands/straps, Hadley Roma?

RFX45- i hear u bro i thought about doing the same thing.....I bought one and had the other given to me as a gift without that person knowing I had the firstone lol

nvr really been much of a watch guy. especially since I'm barely 16. but who knows? maybe I'll get a job & get my money right & change that.but i've got 2 nikes. a guess. & a lucky brand. I'll post pics tomorow when I get on the computer .

edittt:

bought these a few days ago for myself and the wifey.....
dsc00303d.jpg

and these are what we had been rocking.....
dsc00307h.jpg

Originally Posted by uncleo28

I recently just picked up a Tudor Prince Date, 18k/SS dating between the 70-80s complete with box and papers recently. Since Tudor is a little unknown, I do not know if I got the best price, I paid 600 even for it, it is in good condition minus a bit tarnishing on the bracelet. I do feel safe as it has papers. I've seen some going for more on ebay. Did I get a decent deal?

I wouldn't call Tudor unknown, maybe on NT, but any person that is in to watches and watch collecting should be familiar with the brand. Are you moreinteresting in putting a strap on there then maybe sourcing a used but good condition bracelet?

What does the bracelet look like that you have on there now? Is there a lot of stretch? Any pictures?

just ordered a tsovet today to go with my old maurice lacroix sphere. i see some people on here with the tissots...i miss mine so much! i'll will post picsonce the tsovet arrives.

Originally Posted by eaalto

I recently just picked up a Tudor Prince Date, 18k/SS dating between the 70-80s complete with box and papers recently. Since Tudor is a little unknown, I do not know if I got the best price, I paid 600 even for it, it is in good condition minus a bit tarnishing on the bracelet. I do feel safe as it has papers. I've seen some going for more on ebay. Did I get a decent deal?

I wouldn't call Tudor unknown, maybe on NT, but any person that is in to watches and watch collecting should be familiar with the brand. Are you more interesting in putting a strap on there then maybe sourcing a used but good condition bracelet?

What does the bracelet look like that you have on there now? Is there a lot of stretch? Any pictures?

Yeah, Tudor is highly regarded and I am no expert but a lot of people compare it to Rolex. Here's a good, quick read.

The cases are similar to Rolex models and often are sold with Rolex's famous Oyster case. During the period when both Rolex and Tudor used acrylic crystals, the Tudor and Rolex models would often share a similar depth rating.

Many Tudor models up to the 1990's were sold with Rolex signed bracelets and crowns also.

The Tudor line can be traced all the way back to the beginning of the 20th Century. The earliest Tudor I have owned dated to the 1930's and used a caliber 59 movement, also used in the Canadian market Rolex's.

Over the years various models have been produced in an attempt to increase the brand's market presence. The most popular model Tudor has produced is most likely the Submariner. Early models used a modified Fleurier 350 caliber, branded the Tudor 390 caliber. These are often mistaken as Rolex movements as they shared a similar rotor winding device.

During the mid to late 1960's Rolex switched to another manufacturer, ETA to supply the base movements for their watches. These Early Submariners have become quite collectible. The increase in value has led to a large quantity of fakes penetrating the market. These are being produced in the Far East and are easily spotted upon close examination along with some investigation into what the real model should look like.

Other popular models are the older Chronographs as well as the Ranger and Ranger 2 models, which rode the wave of market demand created by the Rolex Explorer 1, reference 1016. Both watches share a similar dial configuration.

So are these watches considered "real Rolex's?" I would say NO! However Tudor watches have earned a place at the forefront of watch collection as they are a unique product that reflects on the history of the Rolex Watch Company. Actually in some cases particular models actually sell for more than some popular vintage Rolex models.

To those who complain about the Rolex modified movements and suggest it makes them less desirable, perhaps you need only examine the phenomena of the Rolex Daytona, which used a modified Ebauche movement up until 2002, I would suggest no one considers those watches les than acceptable Rolex's.

I dont have pictures yet, It's coming in the mail once paypal clears(paypal ftl). I'll post it asap. I also have a Tissot PRC 200 I picked up for a100, a real solid watch. Is it true Tissot is to Omega as Tudor is to rolex?

I don't think that is a good comparison.
While Tissot is a good brand, they do have a lot of problems, more specifically their T-Touch model I believe.
It is a good brand and reliable but most people regard Omega above Rolex so that analogy is somewhat subjective.
I believe in the old days, Tudor is practically a cheaper Rolex in some regards.
Some old Tudors are fetching a good amount and their oyster cases and submariners are identical to Rolex, while Tudor was not really being accused of being a"homage".
Again, I am not an expert when it comes to Tudor vs. Rolex but in most watch forums, Tudor are commonly discussed in Rolex forums as if it were made by onemanufacturer, which back then, I believe they were.

I dont have pictures yet, It's coming in the mail once paypal clears(paypal ftl). I'll post it asap. I also have a Tissot PRC 200 I picked up for a 100, a real solid watch. Is it true Tissot is to Omega as Tudor is to rolex?

Tissot merged with Omega back in 1930. At a time, yes, Tissot was not far from Omega in terms of quality. Now? You'd be hard pressed to make acomparison.

There are some really nice vintage Tissot watches that pull high dollar, but the only ones I would set my hands on now would be the heritage models (Le Locle,etc.).

That Tissot is nice. They need to bring those back to get more sales.

As for me, I am starting to run again so I needed a watch to keep time so I went ahead and bought some Nike watch.
This watch pretty much has anything I need other than a heart monitor, which I really don't need.
Just thought I would share.
4igcvd.jpg

Looking to purchase a Tag Carrera at Jomashop.com. Does anybody have any experiences with them? I am looking to purchase this watch very soon and jomashopseem to have the best prices online.

Thanks.

oh yah. i was also looking at authenticwatches.com. any experiences with them? should i go with jomashop or authenticwatches.com?
thanks in advance.

If you do not live in Cali, check out Authenticwatches.com.
They are much better than Jomashop from what I heard, although I've had a good experience with Jomashop before.

Depending on which Carrera you are looking for, check out Lussori as well.
These guys are actually an authorized dealer so you get the warranty with the watch but you have to order by phone.
They have several Tag's on sale on their website, I am really tempted to get the Monaco at 40% off.
http://www.lussori.com/SpecialsSect...ubCategoryID=68&PLID=0&WatchMFGID=4&ViewAll=1

Back
Top Bottom