POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by DATGUY615

my first one starter watch dw-6900 series g-shock http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/girtycakes/?action=view&current=001-1.jpg

Im sorry..
but LMFAO

cardsoc4.jpg

DAMN THAT HAIRLINE

8.jpg

but yeah, heres my watch..

DW-6900R-7.jpg

You can find plenty of watch bands at Fredwatchstraps.com.
You just have to know the lug size to make sure you get the right one.
If you want to change it yourself, you may want to buy a tool as well, it should be around $7-$10 for the tool.
Browse around the website, they have plenty of affordable straps.

I actually just purchased a new strap for my Spitfire from that website, I also purchased plenty of deployants from them without any problems.

Before:
rbcgt0.jpg

After:
kevlar17.jpg

kevlar16.jpg

are those all yours? nice man.

i want to get a matte black watch, definitely sporty-looking, maybe a chrono but i don't care, kinda along these lines

breitling-super-avenger-blacksteel-chrono-watch.jpg

under like 8K i guess but if it's sick i'd pay more.

really looking for a good brand, breitling is decent i guess. i like that watch but i was hoping for all black, no red.

any ideas? not sure if a watch like this really exists but it's worth a shot. there's hublots but all the big bangs and such are $$$

Originally Posted by RFX45

If you want to change it yourself, you may want to buy a tool as well, it should be around $7-$10 for the tool.

I actually just purchased a new strap for my Spitfire from that website, I also purchased plenty of deployants from them without any problems.
is that supposed to be Fredawatchstraps.com?

Originally Posted by boywiththeshoes

is that supposed to be Fredawatchstraps.com?

Yes, fredawatchstraps.com, my fault.

Originally Posted by Id Walk a Mile for a Camel

are those all yours? nice man.

i want to get a matte black watch, definitely sporty-looking, maybe a chrono but i don't care, kinda along these lines

under like 8K i guess but if it's sick i'd pay more.

really looking for a good brand, breitling is decent i guess. i like that watch but i was hoping for all black, no red.

any ideas? not sure if a watch like this really exists but it's worth a shot. there's hublots but all the big bangs and such are $$$

Not exactly matte black and kind of limited, but if you can find the Big Bang Classic in the all black version, and depending how persuasive you are, you maybe able to talk it down to $8k.

08_hublot_4a.jpg

It is a big watch at around 45mm but it isn't as robust as the Breitling.
The watch also looks invisible at times, making look stealthy and just awesome.

If you want a square watch, Bell & Ross has a Phantom watch:
mailing-br01-phantom.jpg

If you can find this, which I don't think would be too hard, it is a good choice and no where near your $8k budget.
44_1b.jpg

I must say, I'm so far less than pleased with the Baum I got. It stopped working on May 22nd, to no fault of my own. Seems a spring on the inside gotmessed up. Brought it back to the jewelry shop, they couldn't fix it. I'm not exactly pleased with the level of service they're providing me (ie -I have to call to find out the status...a courtesy call would be nice...but whatever) nor am I happy to be watch-less for this long.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I must say, I'm so far less than pleased with the Baum I got. It stopped working on May 22nd, to no fault of my own. Seems a spring on the inside got messed up. Brought it back to the jewelry shop, they couldn't fix it. I'm not exactly pleased with the level of service they're providing me (ie - I have to call to find out the status...a courtesy call would be nice...but whatever) nor am I happy to be watch-less for this long.

Talk to the dealer you bought it from. They should help you rectify the problem through the company.
The watch is less than a few months old, no?

spitfi16.jpg

does this watch come with those straps or separately? link to the watch? beautiful watch

I must say, I'm so far less than pleased with the Baum I got. It stopped working on May 22nd, to no fault of my own. Seems a spring on the inside got messed up. Brought it back to the jewelry shop, they couldn't fix it. I'm not exactly pleased with the level of service they're providing me (ie - I have to call to find out the status...a courtesy call would be nice...but whatever) nor am I happy to be watch-less for this long.

Talk to the dealer you bought it from. They should help you rectify the problem through the company.
The dealer is who I've been talking to, and brought the watch back to them. Just didn't expect it to take this long and disappointed thatI'm the one that has to find time to call and check up on it. IMO, should be the other way around. The watch is under a month old.

^^^ That one comes with a brown croc strap that is just beautiful.
That black strap is the kevlar style made by Hadley Roma, which was pretty cheap.

Here's a few pics of the original strap:
nt_410.jpg

nt_110.jpg

nt_510.jpg

The dealer is who I've been talking to, and brought the watch back to them. Just didn't expect it to take this long and disappointed that I'm the one that has to find time to call and check up on it. IMO, should be the other way around. The watch is under a month old.

Sorry to hear that. Was it sent for service already? Turn around time is usually 4-8 weeks when it comes to Rolex and IWC, I'm not sure with B&Mthough.

Before:

After:
Before pic is nice, but the after pic is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Very nice man.

RFX,

I really love Arabic numerals on a dial, so those IWC are definitely appreciated.

It's weird but I'm kind of torn on how they cut off the 12 and the 6 on the chronograph, while I don't mind so much the trimming of the 10/11 onthe Spitfire. Still both beautiful watches, however.

The Arabic numerals brings me back to my first "nice" watch that I got when I was in 8th grade. I was scavenging through the Sunday advertisementsin the L.A. Times looking for Christmas present ideas, and I found a Big 5 ad that had a Swiss Army watch in it for $100 (marked down from $349). I signed acontract with my parents to the effect that if they bought me that watch I would never ask for them to buy me another watch again (short sighted).

I really like the large numerals and sub 24 hour numerals like on the Hamilton Khaki:

My Aquaracer only sports one Arabic (not including the chapter ring)

Maybe I should think about getting a Hamilton Khaki soon...

I actually liked how they cut off the "12" and "6" on the Portuguese instead of removing it all together.
It balances out the whole look having numerals where there should be one.
Visually, it just works for me, I think it adds more distinctiveness to that particular watch design.
The same with the spitfire, the "10" & "11" being cut off just doesn't bother me at all and I actually like that it is there thannot.

Here's a quick PS of the Portuguese Chrono without the "12" and "6".
It just looks off.
iwc-po10.jpg
iwc-portuguese_v.jpg

If you love big Arabic Numerals, Breitling is definitely for you, check out the Colt GMT as their entry-level watch.
Check out the IWC Mark XVI as well, nice numerals, although it isn't raised like the Spitfire, it is a true classic.
Mark_XVI.jpg

This Arabic numeral discussion brought me to share some pictures I grabbed from another forum today: (not my watches)

I love the meteorite dial available on white gold/platinum Rolex Models

Rolex Day Date Masterpiece:

Rolex Daytona: (first with romans, but who cares)

More of the masterpiece:

Both of those Day-Dates are owned by the same guy...

Originally Posted by eaalto

This Arabic numeral discussion brought me to share some pictures I grabbed from another forum today: (not my watches)

I love the meteorite dial available on white gold/platinum Rolex Models

Rolex Day Date Masterpiece:

Rolex Daytona: (first with romans, but who cares)

More of the masterpiece:

Both of those Day-Dates are owned by the same guy...

very very nice.

Back
Top Bottom