POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by frenchswagg

Originally Posted by pakman md

new to NT... but here's my Hamilton
funny i think i was about to post about this watch! is it the jazzmaster maestro ? im about to pull the trigger on this one this week just dont know yet if it worths the price...rfx any idea? it retails around 1000e here in france...

I am not sure how discounts go for in France or in Europe in general.
But here in the U.S., a deeper discount is possible and 1000 Euro is more than the $1000 US Dollar.
In the U.S., 40% off on a Hamilton isn't too hard to achieve so I would try and go for that much discount.
$875 shipped right here: http://www.authenticwatch...azzmaster-h32716833.html.

Panerai's are nice but it isn't for me anymore. They are just oversized now an their movements isn't worth the price they charge.
They are very nice, do not get me wrong I wouldn't mind having one if it were cheaper but it really has become trend than anything.
About a year or so ago, Panerai would have been on the top of my list. But for the price, I would really rather a Rolex GMT IIC, an Omega Aqua Terra w/ the newco-axial movement, an IWC Pilot Chrono, IWC Aquatimer, etc... I could go on with the choices I have over the Panerai.

Hamilton just released their slim line and what a beautiful watch for $745 retail.
COuld probably be had for $500.
Very clean and simple. Lack of seconds hand sucks but a nice watch still.
R0010094.JPG
R0010102.JPG

R0010096.JPG
R0010080.JPG

R0010105.JPG
R0010086.JPG

yeah i love my hamilton jazzmaster. I got it over 2 years ago at tourneau in new york and it was for $1300. Huge price drop now it seems like. I really likethe Hamilton slim line, it's tough wearing my jazzmaster with a suit now, it's too thick.

Just a quick question. I need a watch for everyday use (a "beater" watch if you will), something that is inexpensive, yet looks nice. I am currentlylooking at the Hamilton Khaki series. I am also considering just a simple Wenger Swiss army watch.

34zlpo7.jpg

eskpir.jpg

I basically narrowed it down to these two choices. If anyone could add anymore suggestions, I would appreciate it. I also plan to replace the bands with arubber strap. Anyone have suggestions on good quality straps?

Thanks in advance..

Originally Posted by RFX45

What is your watch budget?
Well, this watch is going to be used for errands, going to the beach, working, etc.., so I really don't want to get something expensive,especially since the risk of scratches and potential damage will be high. My preference is something below $100, but the Wenger and Hamilton are a little abovethat.

I already have a Tag Heuer Professional Diver and am looking to get an Oris Williams F1 Auto in the future, but either one will be used sparringly.

what do you guys think about Nixon 51 - 30 Chrono PU
I tried it on, it fits nicely but for some reason i think big watches will be out of style soon so i am still debating whether i should buy it or not.
Recommend me some other watches for around the same price range or lower preferably leather straps
nixon_51-30_chrono_pu_watch.jpg

I've been looking at a few Nixon watches lately too. I like some of their stuff. What's good with them? Their website had like 30+ watches compared towhats left now...

nice watches all.

I just wanted to ask if all the Amazon.com or Buy.com vendors were all legit or if I still have to do some background checking on them? thanks in advance forany help.

Nixon are nice looking but it is a fashion watch so it is compareable to Burberry, Armani, etc...
Not that it is a bad thing, I own a couple of Burberry watches myself, but it not on the same level as Hamilton, Oris, Tag, Omega, etc...
A Seiko or Citizen would be a better choice. My suggestion, buy Nixon if you love the look and could care less about quality and movement.

Illmatic, for a sub-$100 watch, I guess Seiko or Citizen are your best bet.
You can't go wrong with the Hamilton in the sub-$500 watch category.
Wenger or Victorinox (both swiss army, Victorinox is better I think) are good choices too, I would check Amazon or Overstock for those as they usually have thebext prices for that brand.
I still suggest spending a few more hundred and maybe get a Tag Heuer F1 ($450 @ Costco) or Hamilto or Seiko I posted above and it will last longer than any$100 watch out there.
5-10 years from now, you will still have a great functioning watch instead of purchasing 4-5 other watches later on. Again, that is just a suggestion.

RFX, what's the best spot to shop online? Not that i'm really looking to purchase online, but I wanna browse and get a feel for stuff. I've onlyreally used Zappos and Amazon without getting detailed and fancy/overwhelmed. Watches are quickly becoming one of my new hobbies but I don't have the $ tofork out on NICE pieces yet. My range is $100-400 really and nothing above that right now.

Authenticwatches.com is one of the reputable online retailers and usually offers the best price as well.
Jomashop offers more watch brands and is a good place to look around and explore as well.
For more expensive watches, prestigetime.com is a great website to browse through Vacheron, Blancpain and A. Lange models.

I just cant seem to find what I like. I always see dope stuff in here but can't figure out what I want elsewhere.
laugh.gif

What's your price range and share what you are looking for and I might be able to give a few suggestions.

RFX45: You get nothing but props my man. Not only is this thread informative, it's in the general section and there's nothing but peace and harmony init.

Thanks for droppin' knowledge on the youth
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

What's your price range and share what you are looking for and I might be able to give a few suggestions.
Range is $100-$400 MAX (Not really trying to go over 300 but I can work with it). I've got three main watches I wear. Two Fossils and oneG-Shock link with digital display (my main watch). I need something that's casual enough to wear out but durable enough to work in. One of my Fossil'sis a black polyurethane so i'm not really looking to get a black watch again. I want something that's kinda funky and stands out. I was looking at aWhite Nixon that I can't find now. Just something that will stand out but doesn't scream hypebeast.

And like what optimus said, mad props for this entire thread and knowledge spread while keeping the peace! I'm looking forward to a few suggestions.
smokin.gif

Ahhh, you are kind of putting me out of my league with funky watches.
If your budget were a bit higher, I would recommend this Hamilton American Classics Ventura XXL Elvis:
Currently $825 at Authenticwatches.com.
h24615331-hamilton-ventura-xxl-elvis-watch-large.jpg

Doesn't get anymore unique and funky than that.
I wouldn't mind having it if I can find it later on for $500 or so.
To be honest, the whole Hamilto Ventura line is kind of funky and out there, the Men in Black watch.

For other funky watches in your price range, this Issey Miyake is pretty unique and out there while being very understated at the same time.
$380 retail. http://www.watchismo.com/Issey-Miyake-TO-Watch.aspx
issey_10.jpg

Her'e more unique watches bi Issey Miyake: http://www.watchismo.com/issey-miyake-watch.aspx

The following suggestions are merely a visual suggestion based on what you may be looking for.
I cannot guarantee the quality of these watches, with that said here's some interesting ones.

Mr. Jones has unique watches such as:
mr_jon10.jpg

http://www.watchismo.com/mr.-jones-watches.aspx

Storm capture ($180):
StormCapturewatchsilverweb.jpg

http://www.watchismo.com/storm-capture-watch-silver.aspx

Allessi watches are simple, cheap and unique:
AlessiBlue.jpg
AlessiBlackred.jpg

http://www.watchismo.com/Alessi-watches.aspx

You can check out more unique watches at http://www.watchismo.com/index.aspx

I'm not really sure that is what you are looking for as I am no expert with unusual watches but I tried.

whats your guys' opinion of those meister watches? seen it around for last few months. closest to hublot, when you KNOW you aint goin to make that kindabank.. but on the other hand, it is just another nice replica :/

didnt get the opportunity to check in earlier but thank y'all very much for the help on the hamilton watch! i finally gonna ask an american friend of mineto get it for me over there i'll save a lot of money thanks to you guys!

ps: rfx what would you recomend as a casual and versatile watch to wear when im not in formal mood?

I need some help if anyone is willing to lend a hand. I just started buying watches so I'm pretty new to this. I showed a picture of my burberry watch mygirlfriend bought. I'm looking for a more casual watch with a big face. I ran into this one shown below but i can't really tell from the picture ifit's a big faced watch. Also, I would like to know if it's a reliable brand also? I'm really feeling the watch. It's a Sturhling
moz-screenshot.png
P11644952.jpg

RFX those are definitely some funky pieces. A little too funky actually.
laugh.gif
I dunno, I guess I kind of want something that will stand out but still be part dressy. I like this nixon watch a lot because I don't have a brownwatch and I like the big face and numbers.

A124hero400.jpg

Heres a few other that I seem to like to give you an idea of not what i'm looking for, but the style that I like.

nix_revolver_antbrn-detail.jpg

RebosusRS002web.jpg

T3C319tx.jpg

T3C396tx.jpg

Nothing real funky...but different/loud I guess. A white band isn't out of the question either even though I think it screams hypebeast. Any othersuggestions/recommendations?

hermes-clipper-chronograph-diver-watches-burgandy-large.jpg

my current everyday ...black on black though
not up to par with many of the watches posted but i like it

Back
Top Bottom