POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

^^^ Nice Hermes watch, I'm not sure how versatile a red watch would be though.
Just curious, what is retail on Hermes?

Crazy EBW, I see what you are talking about.
It seems like what you are looking for might be divers watch.
They go a little crazier with the color on divers watches while staying in with the normal realms of watches.
Dievas might be the watch for you.
$340 for the Zeta line with an automatic movement made in Japan.
23_b_4.jpg

24_b_4.jpg

22_b_4.jpg

Their Divergraph ranges from $320-$350 with quartz movement though.
DievasDivergraphBlueProR2L.jpg

Armen, I still think Meister is a complete rip-off or what others call "homage".
A resounding no in my book.

FrenchSwagg, for a casual and versatile watch, check out diver watches as well.
They are usually tough and can take a beating but without a price range, I can't really recommend anything else.

Juve9ile18, that particular watch is 44mm, which is pretty big by regular watch standards.
It might look smaller because it has a thicker bezel. It will wear big, other Breitlings are of comparable size.

I know this isn't really a pricing forum but I have been looking at the Citizen Nighthawk series but have to get rid of my Citzen Palidoro AT0010-51Afirst. I was wondering how much I should expect to get in return and where the best place would be to sell my watch

The best place to sell your watch is at Timezone or Watchuseek or any other watch fora's out there.
However, without nay reference, it might be difficult to sell it and your best bet might be ebay to get the best price.

As for price, depending on the condition of the watch and since it isn't the best when it comes to resale value, I say sell it for 60%-70% off retail, youmight have to take less too.
Good luck.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^ Nice Hermes watch, I'm not sure how versatile a red watch would be though.
Just curious, what is retail on Hermes?

Thanks... yea thats why I opted for the black...same comes in blue and orange.
Retail on Hermes watches in general? ~$1500-$150,000
If you meant retail on the clipper chrono diver i posted its $3,400

rfx45 thanks for the advice. Probablly throwing the watch on ebay, if I can get at least 20%-30% of the msrp I'll be content, the watch is just not mystyle.

laugh.gif

Go to the store or jeweler and try anything that catches your eye.
For inspiration, here's a beautiful Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Cal 36 RS2 Ti
picture.php

laugh.gif

Go to the store or jeweler and try anything that catches your eye.
For inspiration, here's a beautiful Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Cal 36 RS2 Ti
picture.php

nice RFX45. if you dont mind me asking how many watches you have. and what do you do.

laugh.gif

My fault, that Tag isn't mine in case some people mistake it as mine.
I was simply posting the pic.
If it were my watch and my pic, I usually watermark the pic.
Sorry about the confusion.

any thoughts or comments on the iwc portuguese? I found a buyer for one of my pams and will only sell if I get a new watch.... any recommendations?

probably leaning towards the 7day but your pics of the chrono is making it very hard.... makes me just want to get them both!

I do love my Portuguese Chrono and I will not trade it in for anything else.
It is great but there has been some debate on the movement, although it is more accurate than the in-house movement of the 7-day version.

The fit and finish both will be great and you can't go wrong with IWC but here's the pro's and cons of each.

Portuguese Chrono
Pro:
Size and height is wearable on any occasions
Price (hefty discount is possible in this economy)
Modified movement is proven and tested
Chrono feature

Con:
Modified ETA movement (although I wouldn't really say this as a con since it is highly modified)
Closed case back
No date feature (never really bothered me much though)
No lume

Portuguese 7-Day
Pro:
In-house movement
Showcase caseback
7-Day power reserve
Date feature

Con:
Price (good discount can be had but still expensive)
Huge and bulky
In-House movement not as accurate
No lume

My best suggestion is try both on because it will fall on how comfortable each watch feels on your wrist.
Big difference in the two watch in size and height.
You can't go wrong with either one though so good luck!

Copped this today for $320. HUGE face. I love it. I'm worried about keeping the white clean, but whatever. I'm happy with it.

A058-hero-793.jpg

I need to chill on watches for real. I can see this hobby getting very expensive very fast...
eek.gif

Nice pick-up.
Is the watch automatic?
I'm just curious what the "high" and "low" meters are for.
Also, is the watch a left-handed watch? The crown is on the left side.

Trust me, watches can be very addicting.
I am hooked, I look at watches any chance I have and often visit stores to try on or just stare at watches.
laugh.gif

rfx, cool thanks for the info and pros/cons. I friend of mine has the portuguese so I'll probably make a trip out of it soon to go visit him and see hiswatches (he has atleast 100-150k in watches/straps!) If I purchase the IWC i'll probably buy it on one of the boards, unless the AD isn't much morethan I'll just go with them. thanks again for the info.

Nice pick-up.
Is the watch automatic?
I'm just curious what the "high" and "low" meters are for.
Also, is the watch a left-handed watch? The crown is on the left side.

Trust me, watches can be very addicting.
I am hooked, I look at watches any chance I have and often visit stores to try on or just stare at watches.
laugh.gif
I asked the same question about the crown to the guy who sold it to me. It's actually a surfers watch. The reason for the crown being on theleft side is because surfers would lean their hands in that downward motion when getting on their boards and the crown would be bothersome on theirhands/wrists. The low/high meter is for tide times during the day. I'm not a huge surfer or anything but the guy explaining all this stuff to me prettymuch sold me and since I was in the market for a Nixon yesterday I figured why not. This definitely will not be my last piece. I'm looking forward to mynext purchase already.
pimp.gif

That Cartier is beautiful watch.
I'd be happy even with just the non-chrono version.
CARTIER_LG_IMAGE.jpg

Are watches the most important accessory to an outfit? I'm really beginning to think so. I've been noticing people's watches a lot more lately andeven though they might be dressed down a beautiful watch will still stand out.

I'm not sure if it is the most important because with the current technology of today and everyone owning a cellphone, watches are becoming less common.
I do however, feel it is an important part and provides a certain look or at least add to the clothes worn on a daily basis.
I have watches for almost any occasions; outdoors, running, casual, formal, etc... and I feel like something is missing when I do not wear a watch.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Are watches the most important accessory to an outfit? I'm really beginning to think so. I've been noticing people's watches a lot more lately and even though they might be dressed down a beautiful watch will still stand out.

No..

Is there a do's and don't of wearing watches with black straps (croc, rubber etc..) pertaining to watches do "black match everything"?

I got a different band with my B & M when I bought it. It came with a leather strap, which is great, but it barely fits without looking funny. So I alsopurchased a stainless steel. The stainless looks fine w/ my normal work attire, but when I need to wear a suit, I'll swap in the leather.

There aren't any "do's" or "don'ts" when wearing a watch pertaining to straps.
It is an exception as it isn't very practical to match the leather band with the belt and shoe color.

Material-wise, I guess there are some thing that are frowned upon.
Like maybe a rubber strapped watch isn't going to look right with a tux, the same way a G-Shock will look awkward with a suit.
There are exceptions though and really depends on the look of the watch.

For example, this watch with a rubber strap would work well in formal events.

While this watch with a rubber band would work in a formal event.

All just my .02 cents though.

Back
Top Bottom