POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Maybe I need to find myself another 42 mm watch then, but something with a little lower profile...

The Black Monster gets snagged on stuff all the time. I have a Nato strap on there so that's not the issue, but the watch head itself is always slammingagainst stuff, or getting caught on things.

RFX, where can I get that brown CF strap? I think it would look decent on the PRC I have. Also, for the dude that asked for the best deal on the PRC I'drecommend Jomashop.com. I didn't pay taxes, nor did I pay shipping if I'm not mistaken. Also, the price off the bat is good, and I may have used acoupon code also. Check it out.

airmaxes, you got PM.

eaalto, maybe you need an IWC Portuguese Chrono?
It is 41.9mm and very low profile.
You could also look into Hamilton Jazzmasters, they have 42mm-45mm versions and often thin in height.

BigLes, check out this Hublot Big Bang All Black 2 with the bracelet. It's a beautiful watch that you should consider.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Watch With "Liquidmetal" Ceramic Bezel
omega-planet-ocean-liquidmetal.jpg

Omega-Planet-Ocean-Liquid-metal-closeup.jpg

omega-planet-ocean-liquidmetal-angle.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

BigLes, check out this Hublot Big Bang All Black 2 with the bracelet. It's a beautiful watch that you should consider.

RFX45 What kinda price are these going for?

Also do Hublot use an in house movement?

thanks

I haven't really been through this thread but has anyone posted any Invicta watches? I have a few of thier Russian Diver models that I picked up fromSHOPNBC.COM and I love em'. I will post picks later.

airmaxplus, I am not sure of the price but it is limited to 500 (numbered 001/500 - 500/500) and if I had to guess, it'll be around $15,000-$20,000, if notmore.
Hublot doesn't have an in-house movement at the moment for their more common watches but they will be integrating it to their models soon, probably in thenext year or so.
Their movements are highly modified though. That particular watch has the Hub4100.
They do have the Hub44 movement which was developed along with La-Joux Perret. It gets so much more complicated than that.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

^^ Dayum it aint that serious is it?

What do you mean?
I just wrote the most basic answer to his question and was jsut implying I could go to detail but it gets really complicated after that.

I'm thinking about getting a watch to hold me over for the time being, still in school so the Chronos can wait. But what's the general consensus onLuminox watches? I'm not trying to spend too much for an everyday watch, just something that's a good looking watch I can wear everyday with just aboutanything. I do want a rubber strap, and I do like big watches. I was thinking about this one.

8802luminox-large.jpg

Trying to stay in that 200-300 dollar range.

What do you mean?
I just wrote the most basic answer to his question and was jsut implying I could go to detail but it gets really complicated after that.

No I was saying something like.....is it that serious? Like, does the watch game get that in depth. Obviously it does

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I'm thinking about getting a watch to hold me over for the time being, still in school so the Chronos can wait. But what's the general consensus on Luminox watches? I'm not trying to spend too much for an everyday watch, just something that's a good looking watch I can wear everyday with just about anything. I do want a rubber strap, and I do like big watches. I was thinking about this one.

8802luminox-large.jpg

Trying to stay in that 200-300 dollar range.

Nah slow down playa, Check the black one out on this site.
http://www.shopnbc.com/pr...10452&cm_re=Z7-_-RV2-_-N
I have 3 of these and trust me they are
eek.gif
. Plenty big just how you like it and the black ones look good with everything. You can finance them too.

What do you mean?

No I was saying something like.....is it that serious? Like, does the watch game get that in depth. Obviously it does

It goes much deeper than that, believe me.

And no way in hell I woudl take that Invicta over Luminox, no offense StayLurkin.
Luminox is a decent watch and I believe prices are pretty good too.
A lot of people swear by them and love them but to me, they are too thick and bulky.
I would say they are on par with Seiko Black Monster

^^ I have that exact silver one in that link. I have that style in all black (russian diver) but a different style number. And then I have one like the silverone, except the strap is red and the details on the face are a little dif. These were my first watches ever

My mom told me a few months ago "Every grown man should have a few nice watches." So I called up my boy and he lead me in the right direction
pimp.gif

What do you mean?

And no way in hell I woudl take that Invicta over Luminox, no offense StayLurkin.
A lot of people swear by them and love them but to me, they are too thick and bulky.

None taken. Honestly, I don't know a lot about watches and I intend on keeping it that way (for the sake of my wallet
laugh.gif
), but Invictas go well on me.Yeah they are def big and thick but they've grown on me. I haven't tried out many watches but it seems like the quality of the watches I have can'tget much better. Unless you start throwing diamonds and stuff like that into them. But then again I don't know $$++ about watches

What do you mean?

None taken. Honestly, I don't know a lot about watches and I intend on keeping it that way (for the sake of my wallet
laugh.gif
), but Invictas go well on me. Yeah they are def big and thick but they've grown on me. I haven't tried out many watches but it seems like the quality of the watches I have can't get much better. Unless you start throwing diamonds and stuff like that into them. But then again I don't know $$++ about watches

For the price you are paying for the Invicta, you can definitely get something much better in look and quality.
Seiko and Citizen quickly comes to mind. I would even pick Fossil over Invicta to be honest.

What do you mean?

laugh.gif
), but Invictas go well on me. Yeah they are def big and thick but they've grown on me. I haven't tried out many watches but it seems like the quality of the watches I have can't get much better. Unless you start throwing diamonds and stuff like that into them. But then again I don't know $$++ about watches

For the price you are paying for the Invicta, you can definitely get something much better in look and quality.
Seiko and Citizen quickly comes to mind. I would even pick Fossil over Invicta to be honest.
Yup. My brother bought a couple Invictas off invictashark.com and I couldnt stand them. Its pure size, nothing else. It seemed so plain andlacking in design, instead they compensate by making it huge. For the price of 2 of those invictas he could've bought something like a Nighthawk fromCitizen. No comparison.

To each his own

Back
Top Bottom